Oathkeepers..... - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Oathkeepers.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 03:39 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
There is no question that the libertarian party is neo-anarchist.

The U.S, was founded on Judeo-Christian values, The libs advocate unrestrained drug usage, unrestrained sexual conduct,, baby killing, and anti-military isolationism.

Sorry gize, but that's carrying "liberty" a bit too far for me.
I understand what your saying, but let me just say that the only moral action is the one taken of free will. Legislating morality will not create more morality, just an illusion of such. Sexual conduct between two consenting adults...I dont see why anyone cares? And if someone did care, they should become and advocate, not lobby government to create legislation against it which boils down to nothing more than "dont or do do that or else".

Having a military within our means isnt anti-military, and neither is avoiding never ending wars which can be leveraged at home to strip the citizens of their rights FOOG...

Many libertarians support abortions (rather, support your choice to get one) but myself and a growing number of other libertarians do not. At the end of the day, a states rights issue IMHO.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Last edited by BigByrd47119; 02-17-2013 at 03:55 PM.
People Like This 
Old 02-17-2013, 03:48 PM   #42

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Here's Jefferson on the matter:

Quote:
"And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding, and restore to us the primitive and genuine doctrines of this the most venerated reformer of human errors." -- Jefferson's letter to John Adams, April 11 1823
Franklin:

Quote:
"Lighthouses are more helpful than churches."
Madison:

Quote:
"Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise." -letter to Wm. Bradford, April 1, 1774
Lincoln:

Quote:
"The Bible is not my book, nor Christianity my profession."
-Spoken by Abraham Lincoln, quoted by Joseph Lewis
John Adams:

Quote:
"The divinity of Jesus is made a convenient cover for absurdity. Nowhere in the Gospels do we find a precept for Creeds, Confessions, Oaths, Doctrines, and whole cartloads of other foolish trumpery that we find in Christianity."
Quote:
"Have you considered that system of holy lies and pious frauds that has raged and triumphed for 1,500 years?"
Quote:
"This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it."
Washington:

Quote:
"Religious controversies are always productive of more acrimony and irreconcilable hatreds than those which spring from any other cause. Of all the animosities which have existed among mankind, those which are caused by the difference of sentiments in religion appear to be the most inveterate and distressing, and ought most to be depreciated. I was in hopes that the enlightened and liberal policy, which has marked the present age, would at least have reconciled Christians of every denomination so far that we should never again see the religious disputes carried to such a pitch as to endanger the peace of society."
- letter to Edward Newenham, 1792
Quote:
"Gouverneur Morris had often told me that General Washington believed no more of that system (Christianity) than did he himself." -Thomas Jefferson, in his private journal, Feb. 1800
Paine:

Quote:
"Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
Paine In Regard to the Bible he says:

Quote:
"Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and torturous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness, with which more than half of the Bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we call it the word of a demon than the word of God. It is a history of wickedness that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind.

Sounds like a bunch of full blown Preachers high on the Jesus Juice doesn't it?

They all identified themselves as "Deists" not Christians, that's a Christian lie.

I would like to point out, I don't have a bug up my ass about Christians, I love them actually but we cannot tolerate anyone trying to rewrite history, being factual is more important than someone's feelings and religious freedom is more important than any one person's belief system, these belief system change with the ages and there will be a time in a couple of thousand years were Christianity will fade away, just like all the others time has forgot about.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Last edited by Wiebelhaus; 02-17-2013 at 04:22 PM. Reason: clarity
People Like This 
Old 02-17-2013, 05:47 PM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1978 Times on 1171 Posts
Likes Given: 944

What does all this have to do with taking an oath to protect and preserve the Constitution (Bill of Rights)??????????

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-17-2013, 05:49 PM   #44

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
What does all this have to do with taking an oath to protect and preserve the Constitution (Bill of Rights)??????????
Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
There is no question that the libertarian party is neo-anarchist.

The U.S, was founded on Judeo-Christian values, The libs advocate unrestrained drug usage, unrestrained sexual conduct,, baby killing, and anti-military isolationism.

Sorry gize, but that's carrying "liberty" a bit too far for me.
He said this, which is factually incorrect, honestly it has nothing to do with it but we cannot tolerate anyone of any faith attempting to rewrite history in any capacity and he accuses bigbyrd of not knowing things lol.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

BigByrd47119 Likes This 
Old 02-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #45
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6146 Times on 3045 Posts
Likes Given: 6520

All I can say is I had a couple tears in my eyes as I stood and raised my hand yet again now for the 6th time as I watched this video. Each time I said it, I meant it more than the last and even though Im retired now, this is my country and the re-creationists cannot have it while I live and breath. They cant have any of my rights until In so dead I cant defend them anymore. Then I hope that a whole slew of young American Fighting Men and Women after recognize the meaning of raising their hand after Im gone. Its not to protect the President, The Congress or Mrs BHO, its to defend the Constitution and that all!

Old 02-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5759 Times on 3257 Posts
Likes Given: 5197

Weib, you need to read some entire history books that place things in context, and not just Bartletts quotations.

Winston Churchill

Old 02-17-2013, 09:52 PM   #47

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post
He said this, which is factually incorrect, honestly it has nothing to do with it but we cannot tolerate anyone of any faith attempting to rewrite history in any capacity and he accuses bigbyrd of not knowing things lol.
Wiebel, stop wobbling.

He said Judeo-Christian VALUES, not the religion. Let's put them in a box called "the golden rule." He's clearly right even for the enlightenment. Don't go full Libertarian on us -- we don't want to lose you.

Misunderstanding the basics, attacking with shallow and broad talking points, blaming-America-first, ignoring facts, going to the absurd, head exploding trying to keep the conspiracy theories straight, retreating by waving the flag and cursing, saying "Constitution" three times, clicking your jackboots, and going home to get high till the next fist-shaking.

Oath Keepers: The Libertarian Party's intended SA. Now if they could only find more young "recruits" and a beer hall to putsch in! If their interest were about opining values, even to a particualar target audience, they'd simply share them -- but they are taking names and numbers in collecting people (once) in uniform. It is exactly what Hitler did after WWI. How much more obvious can this be? Helen Keller can see this!

Last edited by HockaLouis; 02-17-2013 at 10:44 PM.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:23 PM   #48
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1022 Times on 542 Posts
Likes Given: 587

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post

Not a damn thing, Thank you Jim.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:55 PM   #49
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1022 Times on 542 Posts
Likes Given: 587

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
I understand what your saying, but let me just say that the only moral action is the one taken of free will. Legislating morality will not create more morality, just an illusion of such. Sexual conduct between two consenting adults...I dont see why anyone cares? And if someone did care, they should become and advocate, not lobby government to create legislation against it which boils down to nothing more than "dont or do do that or else".

Having a military within our means isnt anti-military, and neither is avoiding never ending wars which can be leveraged at home to strip the citizens of their rights FOOG...

Many libertarians support abortions (rather, support your choice to get one) but myself and a growing number of other libertarians do not. At the end of the day, a states rights issue IMHO.

What an excellent post, less govt., less govt., less govt. Get out!!

Some of you better crawl out if the elephants hind end lest you become relegated to the dung heap known as the Republican Establishment. When you stand for nothing that is what you are known for, nothing.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:01 PM   #50

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Never been an elephant and would never be an ass. But Libertarian isn't a party, it's a cult of lost souls.