Oathkeepers..... - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Oathkeepers.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 07:24 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
They are the spun-off intended armed wing of the anarchist Libertarian party. Sorry. Ron Paul Crazy cultists. And you can't be a "regular" member without having been in uniform. No, I sure as HELL wouldn't trust them.

It wasn't actually an "Oathkeepers" rally, but what was the actual point of it anyway that the other 4,497,000 gunowners there stayed home?
Well, I dont even know what to say to that? If you dont support gun rights, the Constitution, oaths of office, or a Constitutionally restraigned Federal Government, then yea, dont support Ron Paul or the Oath Keepers.

Get real...

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

People Like This 
Old 02-16-2013, 07:43 PM   #22

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
Well, I dont even know what to say to that? If you dont support gun rights, the Constitution, oaths of office, or a Constitutionally restraigned Federal Government, then yea, dont support Ron Paul or the Oath Keepers.

Get real...
Hussein Obama says the same things. Oh, and you must be a racist for gun violence who doesn't care about innocent children.

:_(

LOL Sorry, I don't play politics at the third grade, brownshirt, level nor admire conmen, retired or not, son. But suit yourself.

By the way, I COULD be an Oath Keeper full member -- never was and never will be. Why do you guys think they need all your personal information and to be able to get in touch with you!?

So, what was the point of the rally again!?

Old 02-16-2013, 07:49 PM   #23
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1023 Times on 543 Posts
Likes Given: 594

Quote:
They are the spun-off intended armed wing of the anarchist Libertarian party. Sorry. Ron Paul Crazy cultists. And you can't be a "regular" member without having been in uniform. No, I sure as HELL wouldn't trust them.

It wasn't actually an "Oathkeepers" rally, but what was the actual point of it anyway that the other 4,497,000 gunowners there stayed home?
This is fairly diversified forum, but this statement is off the chart for a forum dedicated to firearms and folks who I would think support the 2A by every means.

Ridiculous statement.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:50 PM   #24

Quote:
Hussein Obama says the same things. Oh, and you must be a racist for gun violence who doesn't care about innocent children.

:_(

LOL Sorry, I don't play politics at the third grade, brownshirt, level nor admire conmen, retired or not, son. But suit yourself.

By the way, I COULD be an Oath Keeper full member -- never was and never will be. Why do you guys think they need all your personal information and to be able to get in touch with you!?

So, what was the point of the rally again!?
On the first two points Im not sure what the hell your even saying. Care to share some of that fine smoke you must have?

The purpose? Are you kidding me? Im no rocket scientist but I highly doubt a group like Oath Keepers would rally at the capital in an attempt to remind representatives of their duty to uphold the Constitution.

PS, I dont see why the color of our shirts has anything to do with this discussion?

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

People Like This 
Old 02-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #25

Oath Keepers description from their website:

Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of currently serving military, veterans, peace officers, and firefighters who will fulfill the oath we swore to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, so help us God.

Our oath is to the Constitution, not to the politicians, and we will not obey unconstitutional (and thus illegal) and immoral orders, such as orders to disarm the American people or to place them under martial law and deprive them of their ancient right to jury trial.

We Oath Keepers have drawn a line in the sand. We will not “just follow orders.”

Our motto is “Not on our watch!”

If you, the American people, are forced to once again fight for your liberty in another American Revolution, you will not be alone. We will stand with you.

There is at this time a debate within the ranks of the military regarding their oath. Some mistakenly believe they must follow any order the President issues. But you can rest assured that many others in the military do understand that their loyalty is to the Constitution, and understand what that means.

The mission of Oath Keepers is to vastly increase their numbers. We are in a battle for the hearts and minds of our own troops. To win that battle, Oath Keepers will use written and video testimony of active duty military, veterans (especially combat vets), and peace officers to reach, teach, and inspire our brothers in arms in the military and police to fulfill their oaths and stand as guardians of the Republic.

If you are currently in the military, are a veteran, or are a peace officer, please submit your written and/or video testimony on your oath, so you can help us win that battle for hearts and minds. Your submission may be anonymous.

It continues at their site.

---Ron Paul

---Tom Braun

Old 02-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #26
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1023 Times on 543 Posts
Likes Given: 594

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
Oath Keepers description from their website:

Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of currently serving military, veterans, peace officers, and firefighters who will fulfill the oath we swore to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, so help us God.

Our oath is to the Constitution, not to the politicians, and we will not obey unconstitutional (and thus illegal) and immoral orders, such as orders to disarm the American people or to place them under martial law and deprive them of their ancient right to jury trial.

We Oath Keepers have drawn a line in the sand. We will not “just follow orders.”

Our motto is “Not on our watch!”

If you, the American people, are forced to once again fight for your liberty in another American Revolution, you will not be alone. We will stand with you.

There is at this time a debate within the ranks of the military regarding their oath. Some mistakenly believe they must follow any order the President issues. But you can rest assured that many others in the military do understand that their loyalty is to the Constitution, and understand what that means.

The mission of Oath Keepers is to vastly increase their numbers. We are in a battle for the hearts and minds of our own troops. To win that battle, Oath Keepers will use written and video testimony of active duty military, veterans (especially combat vets), and peace officers to reach, teach, and inspire our brothers in arms in the military and police to fulfill their oaths and stand as guardians of the Republic.

If you are currently in the military, are a veteran, or are a peace officer, please submit your written and/or video testimony on your oath, so you can help us win that battle for hearts and minds. Your submission may be anonymous.
Anyone who disagrees with these statements better go back to playing with their "barbies' and prepare to become subjects.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:57 PM   #27

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

The guy bashing OK is wrong, I've not served and I'm not a LEO but I am a flag carrying Oath Keeper member so whatever he's talking about is coming right out of his ass.

Granted there's a few crazy Oath Keepers but they have not and will not break the Oath they've taken so they have my respect, there's also a bunch of normal guys who feel like the Oaths they take and swore to cannot and will not be broken, that's all it is, it's not political, it's not biased and agenda based, Oath Keepers serve to remind and educate people about the Importance of the most Important man made oath they swore to, it's really that simple and Oath Keepers come from all walks of life.

The Person that introduced me was Sheriff Richard Mack. And he is a very Good man, I would defend him vigilantly.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Last edited by Wiebelhaus; 02-16-2013 at 10:00 PM.
People Like This 
Old 02-16-2013, 10:26 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 142 Times on 86 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Quote:

Yeah, and neither would Nancy Pelosi! Damn dangerous veterans.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:48 PM   #29

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:

that's odd ... everything displayed in the link and on their website is to the contrary

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 02-17-2013, 02:44 AM   #30

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Here is our official outreach material, we hand these to anyone who it applies to or anyone who asks about the banner on my chest/back or vehicle.

Click here for PDF.

If you don't want to print them yourself, you can order 100 for 14 bucks, it's a tri-fold printed on both sides flyer basically.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.