O lordy there is an App for that. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > O lordy there is an App for that.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 03:36 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Ya know, not one of these people that are all for making others targets in GFZs is willing to advertise that their home is a GFZ! Wonder why?

Old 03-12-2013, 03:48 AM   #12

Liked 390 Times on 253 Posts
Likes Given: 1398

I really think we are interpreting this the opposite way. Look at the graphics they even show a green circled gun symbol.
This is an app to avoid "gun free zones"

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:
Ruger GP100 Royal Phoenix

Old 03-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluez
I really think we are interpreting this the opposite way. Look at the graphics they even show a green circled gun symbol.
This is an app to avoid "gun free zones"
IDK, if I was a criminal I'd be targeting those areas that I knew were gun-free and this app would be a big help

Old 03-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2708 Times on 1578 Posts
Likes Given: 1529

Default Nice vocabulary!! Hoplophobe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
i disagree.

present the facts to a hoplophobe and its actually stupidity. ive run across more than a few and talk to them about it and even though they have the info they are deathly afraid of anyone but police and criminals having firearms. ive actually met morons that think your safer being robbed at gunpoint than being in the same room as some random citizen with a concealed firearm.
I've got a pretty decent vocab., but damn son, I had ta look that'n up on Wikipedia!!

Old 03-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #15
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 334 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 602

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM

i disagree.

present the facts to a hoplophobe and its actually stupidity. ive run across more than a few and talk to them about it and even though they have the info they are deathly afraid of anyone but police and criminals having firearms. ive actually met morons that think your safer being robbed at gunpoint than being in the same room as some random citizen with a concealed firearm.
I agree with you JonM...plenty of stupid people out there...better them than us.

Member: GOA, NRA

"Nil desperandum (never despair) is a model for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it.” - Samuel Adams

Old 03-12-2013, 10:03 PM   #16

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
The app is free but I'd be willing to wager there is someone somewhere making $$$ off of this..
Screen shots (on the google play store) show advertisements in the app.

Some of the reviews suggest there are some bugs present in the app.

And as someone else stated, it can be used to find places that support the 2nd Amendment as well. I suppose if the creator of the app had named it "Pro Firearms Zones" it would have gotten more support around here.

2010: "Of course I'll waive my rights. I don't want to miss my connecting flight."

Old 03-12-2013, 10:06 PM   #17

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Thats an awesome app for two reasons: its easier to vote with my dollar, andit gives me a great list of stores I need to call and talk to about their policies.

Its win-win in my book!

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 03-12-2013, 10:17 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 362 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 157

They want to take my liberties, I take my business elsewhere...

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...