Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   NYS Snitch Hotline (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/nys-snitch-hotline-87038/)

culdee 03-21-2013 12:12 AM

NYS Snitch Hotline

New York State is now offering $500 to people who snitch on gun owners.
Menrec has the story.
And, The Troy Record also has news on the tip line on their Facebook page – It is real. There is actually someone there to take your tips… So that state officials can come take your guns.

NY State has established a toll-free tip line – 1-855-GUNSNYS (1-855- 486-7697) to encourage residents to report illegal firearm possession. The tip line also allows for information to be submitted via text – individuals can text GUNTIP and their message to CRIMES (274637). The New York State Police staff the tip line 24 hours a day. Upon receiving a call, troopers will solicit as much information as possible regarding a firearm tip then contact the appropriate police agency with the lead to initiate an investigation. If the information leads to an arrest for the illegal possession of a firearm, the “tipster” will be awarded $500.

JonM 03-21-2013 12:28 AM

should report bloomberg 200 times a day and everytime you see a cop with a gun

opaww 03-21-2013 12:36 AM

I seem to recall another country who told their people to snitch on each other. Hummm I think it as grease, no not grease, maybe it was guyana, no not that one either. But I do know it started with a G.

JonM 03-21-2013 12:44 AM

those guys were socially mobile and fore thinking democrats too!! i think i remember something about that!!

amazing how there isnt a kidnapping, robbery, murder, rape hotline with reward LOL

bluez 03-21-2013 01:15 AM

Hmm... how illegal would it be to harrass call them complaining about there not being a hotline for real crimes?

When I called the similiar DC hotline for Paul Gregory's misdeed the cop on the line was a pretty good sport about it when I ribbed them about not arresting the ja.ck.as.s yet.
But i have the feeling in New York it might be different...

bowhunter17 03-21-2013 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM
should report bloomberg 200 times a day and everytime you see a cop with a gun

We should all do that every hour. I hate that guy

Ruger22lr 03-21-2013 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluez (Post 1184277)
Hmm... how illegal would it be to harrass call them complaining about there not being a hotline for real crimes?

When I called the similiar DC hotline for Paul Gregory's misdeed the cop on the line was a pretty good sport about it when I ribbed them about not arresting the ja.ck.as.s yet.
But i have the feeling in New York it might be different...

I have no idea but I have skype and got skype credits enough to call up for a couple hours and say Bloomberg each time. :D :p

bluez 03-21-2013 01:39 AM

can they trace you w/ skype at all?:)

if just 1000th of 1% of NYS gun ownwrs made it their business to call them once a day their nazi line would DOSed

jjfuller1 03-21-2013 01:43 AM

thats bull crap! we need to call it constantly and say bloomberg, and cuomo!

CourtJester 03-21-2013 02:13 AM

Find the address of celebrities or police officers in New York, find a pay phone, and have an effen hey day.