Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > NYS safe act, 1st man arrested

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1096 Times on 711 Posts
Likes Given: 622

Default NYS safe act, 1st man arrested

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130314/CITYANDREGION/130319543/1002

http://www.cbs6albany.com/news/top-stories/stories/upstate-man-1st-arrested-under-nys-safe-act-6891.shtml.

only 300 rounds of ammo? and i thought the law had set dates when it went into effect?

granted the guy did disregard the felony statement. word to the wise, if anybody says they have a felony or cant pass a background check, find a different buyer.
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Last edited by jjfuller1; 03-15-2013 at 01:14 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-15-2013, 01:25 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 317 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 110

Not too sure I know anyone who'd take up a job enforcing a law like that.

"The government did not write the constitution to give rights to the people. The people wrote the constitution to limit the government's power."

LIFETIME NRA MEMBER SINCE 1977

Old 03-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #3
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Not to be 'that guy' here but the first gun was illegal and the second sale was supposedly to a felon. Safe act aside he had it coming. Still don't like entrapment or seeing a vet go to prison.

I don't need No stinking signature.

opaww Likes This 
Old 03-15-2013, 01:50 PM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2195 Times on 1097 Posts
Likes Given: 1123

I am with you! If he sold to a felon shame on him. As far as the illegal gun charge if it was not stolen and purchased legally F%#^* the politicians of NY and their laws.
We should all form a USA Constitutional Legal Defense Fund for citizens who the government tries to overnight turn them into criminals when they are protected by the God given Second Amendment! Hope the people take them to court every time an incident occurs where a "Constitutional Protected Citizen is harassed with these illegal laws and turned them into a criminal. Just like the civil rights movement had the power to change things years ago. We can also! Maybe the politicians of NY need investigated? And they need to start an all out ruthless campaign to remove the dirt bags from office!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Sniper03; 03-15-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-15-2013, 03:03 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1096 Times on 711 Posts
Likes Given: 622

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Not to be 'that guy' here but the first gun was illegal and the second sale was supposedly to a felon. Safe act aside he had it coming. Still don't like entrapment or seeing a vet go to prison.
i aggree with the guy being dumb. but it does not say if the first firearm was a pre-94 or not. if it was then it was legal to own untill the safe act happenend.

regardless, the guy broke the law by disregarding the felon statement.

im with you the guy had it comming. lol
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 03-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I am not sure why but I laughed at the picture. Perhaps it was the small quantity of crappy wolf ammo or the fact it is an inanimate object. 7 years for selling a legally bought personal possession? This does not bode well for the future.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:47 AM   #7
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5615 Times on 2778 Posts
Likes Given: 5977

While we may not like the fact that the guy sold it to a believed felon, he wasnt a gun dealer. Look past this particular arrest and see whats in the future for New Yorkers that have a sizable collection of weapons with "Military Features". How the heck can you comply with that law when it fully kicks in unless your a gun dealer? Its OK to sell it to anyone in another state or take it out of state to sell it but otherwise, few options to liquidate without huge losses or risk of breaking other laws exist for the private Gun Owner.

Add to that New Yorkers that try to comply will be flooding the markets in other states with weapons as this moves forward. Some will be done via FFLs but most will be private untraceable sales. Its a whole new nationwide black market in the making and Andy Dont Care! Everyone has said this before, I will say it again, Al Capone, The Kennedy's and The Mafia all prospered because of laws just like this, JQ Public just bled in the street!

Old 03-23-2014, 01:05 AM   #8

Liked 841 Times on 561 Posts
Likes Given: 511

Quote:
they are protected by the God given Second Amendment!
I wasn't aware that God signed the Bill Of Rights. To think that the 2nd amendment is a GOD given right is a mistake, I think. That right was granted by men, and those same type of men can taketh away...not that I'm agreeing with them, mind you.

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Old 03-23-2014, 01:10 AM   #9
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 1003 Times on 711 Posts
Likes Given: 157

http://youtu.be/LqV2kVBHrqE

Old 03-23-2014, 01:54 AM   #10

Liked 1653 Times on 932 Posts
Likes Given: 1112

The way I see it, anyone that knowingly sells to a prohibited person belongs in prison. People like this guy are the reason criminals are able to get guns.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Axxe55 Likes This