NYS Pistol Permit

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > NYS Pistol Permit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2010, 01:20 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default NYS Pistol Permit

Sorry if this is in the wrong subject, i figured applying for a pistol permit would fit in with Legal. So I'm almost 22 I have all the proper paperwork for applying for a pistol permit, but I've heard horror stories about how long it takes for all the paperwork to go through in New York State, I was just wondering if anyone here knows any way to push the paperwork through faster? If this has been covered before i apologize i looked but i didnt see any similar threads.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-09-2010, 07:05 PM   #2
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM3TenraiSS View Post
Sorry if this is in the wrong subject, i figured applying for a pistol permit would fit in with Legal. So I'm almost 22 I have all the proper paperwork for applying for a pistol permit, but I've heard horror stories about how long it takes for all the paperwork to go through in New York State, I was just wondering if anyone here knows any way to push the paperwork through faster? If this has been covered before i apologize i looked but i didnt see any similar threads.
Look up the laws for your county, since that's what things are based on. In Monroe County, they're obliged by law to respond in writing inside of 6 months. Having an attorney fire off a letter reminding of that after the 6 month period usually gets the judge and/or sheriff to move quickly.

A casual call to the county clerk to verify they have everything they need from you and where your paperwork is is fine. Trying to push it might delay the process.