Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > NY - today is the day - register or else!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2014, 11:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 550 Times on 312 Posts
Likes Given: 685

Default NY - today is the day - register or else!

I'd hate to be there...this could get really ugly.

I sympathize with those who register and those who don't. Neither choice is right or good.

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2014304120043&gcheck=1&nclick_check=1

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-15-2014, 12:16 PM   #2
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4568 Times on 2295 Posts
Likes Given: 4711

Another bad day in the life of a New Yorker, we just cant win for losing here! Good news for me is I dont have any that fit Andy's definition of a Military Weapon. The Bad news is I will never be able to own one now as long as I am a resident of the state. I do have lots of friends that do own them and have made a habit of not asking them if they are going to register cause I dont want to know if they didnt. Thats not to say I wouldnt agree that they did the right thing, I just dont want to know. I do know a couple of buddies that have temporarily/ permanently gifted their beloved black guns to family members out of state with hopes an overturning of the Act happens before they die so that they can return to their home of record legally.

So far the bullet background check has failed to happen because they didnt get the data base up and running in time. I havent heard any NY stats on registration, they are being pretty mum about the whole thing. Tomorrow is another day, a new day, a day when free NY'ers yesterday become potential felons as of Wednesday if they fail to comply.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/04/robert-farago/civil-disobedience-grows-ny-assault-weapon-registration-deadline-approaches/

The proof will be in the pudding once the arrests begin. Upstate NY isnt NYC or Albany, their are more legal privately owned guns in one county here than in all of NYC and Albany combined. Will they or wont they prosecute to the full extent of the law? 95% of County Executives in NY have disavowed the Safe Act and sworn to fight it until it dies completely but its the DA's that will be put in the position to decide, they are elected so prosecuting these "crimes against Andy" may come with a price and cost they didnt sign up for, the unemployment line.

Lots of non NYers say NY has lost the fight but I can tell you beyond the shadow of a doubt, the fight has only just begun, the first prosecutions under mandatory registration and confiscation at a later date will spawn lawsuits that never end until the registration ends.

Old 04-15-2014, 12:27 PM   #3

Liked 643 Times on 432 Posts
Likes Given: 389

That was a pretty good article, WF38. I liked the picture of the "filled out" form. But I ask the same thing of NY as I asked of Conn. How, exactly, are they going to know who has one of these guns? Are they just going to grab the first guy dumb enough to shoot one in public? I learned yesterday that Conn. has had a form of registration for a long time now, is the same true in NY?

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

People Like This 
Old 04-15-2014, 12:51 PM   #4
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
That was a pretty good article, WF38. I liked the picture of the "filled out" form. But I ask the same thing of NY as I asked of Conn. How, exactly, are they going to know who has one of these guns? Are they just going to grab the first guy dumb enough to shoot one in public? I learned yesterday that Conn. has had a form of registration for a long time now, is the same true in NY?
Its gonna be mistaken finds for the most part unless someone else reports them.-

---Get pulled over for speeding, "Sir, whats that smell?" or one of 20 other probable causes they can use to search your vehicle. They find a Black gun, they arrest.

---Your house gets broken into and your weapons and television get stolen, you cant report the black ones but they show up in a crime scene or the robbers get nailed later with your TV and guns, the Black one gets traced back to you (original sales receipt from a legal dealer) and your arrested for being robbed.

---Time passes, the Bullet Background check finally kicks in and youve been fingered as buying a crapload of 5.56 but you dont have any semi auto black guns registered. This could be probable cause for looking deeper, most people dont straw purchase legal guns so they probably didnt care about the serial number of that weapon and sale linked to you when you bought it pre-ban. A little official sleuthing with a court order shows that you bought an AR-15 for Y2K but didnt register it or report you sold it, search warrant is issued, they find the black gun, you go to jail...

---NYS has figures on how many Black Guns should have been registered and 50% dont seem to show up on the books. They compel anyone that sells weapons and or ammo to turn over copies of their receipts for the last 2 years and the hunt is on. One by one, 1000 beancounters pour over data and put together a watch list of possible felons. Any sales of items that are black weapon like spawns a search warrent.

Conspiracy? Not on your life, its reality; the 8 bullet overload clause of the Safe Act already provided case law that is akin to the possibilities sited above. Lookem up, the casual discovery of noncompliance loads has been prosecuted!!!

My 1904 Webley Fosbery 38, 8 shooter revolver has been relegated to 7 shots!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2014, 01:08 PM   #5

Yeah, all those sound reasonable....

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

wittmeba Likes This 
Old 04-15-2014, 02:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
Yeah, all those sound reasonable....
They all sound reasonable but they all suck!

They can always use the old standby, "We have reason to believe...". << Yeah, right! Then the burden of proof falls on the LAC (or has-been LAC).

I wonder if Cuomo sleeps well at night and if he has a gun by his bedside?

~ Holsters ~

We the People...

Last edited by wittmeba; 04-15-2014 at 02:35 PM.
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 04-15-2014, 03:22 PM   #7
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittmeba View Post

They can always use the old standby, "We have reason to believe...". << Yeah, right! Then the burden of proof falls on the LAC (or has-been LAC).

Coumo doesnt need guns, we hire lots of them to guard his sorry ass for him. He wouldnt know what to do with one if he had it anyways. Most of his life has been spent well protected by the taxpayer/ armed conscript public servant starting with being offspring of one of the most hated Libturd governors of NY ever (At least the real state, Upstate), then he spent a bunch of years in Washington as HUD Sec, more armed guards while he worked.

Now he's in New Yorks big house, their isnt an hour of the day someone with a fully loaded Semi or Fully Auto Weapon isnt close by.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Agreed.

Quote:
My Guess would be yes and yes.

Quote:
Now he's in New Yorks big house, their isnt an hour of the day someone with a fully loaded Semi or Fully Auto Weapon isnt close by.
Governors get that kind of protection?

WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 04-15-2014, 06:16 PM   #9
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 699 Times on 346 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Bad boy, bad boy, what ya gonna do when they come for you, bad boy, bad boy!!

JP-USN 20 years retired
Alway keep your six covered

Old 04-16-2014, 01:13 AM   #10

I'm waiting for the day when BHO, Bloomberg and Cuomo all show how safe the world has become by having their wives and daughters walk by themselves down the streets of Chicago and Detroit at 2 AM.

~ Holsters ~

We the People...
People Like This