NY SAFE Act web site serially misidentifies firearms
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    


Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > NY SAFE Act web site serially misidentifies firearms

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #1
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Bigcountry02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southwest
Posts: 6,758
Liked 2091 Times on 1230 Posts
Likes Given: 4505

Default NY SAFE Act web site serially misidentifies firearms

This you have to see for yourself.

http://www.bob-owens.com/2013/01/they-dont-even-know-what-theyre-banning-ny-safe-act-web-site-serially-misidentifies-firearms/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+BobOwens+%28Bob+Owens%29

n 30 pictures describing “pistols that are not assault weapons,” the NY SAFE web site incorrectly identifies 6 of 30 handguns presented by name, and 16 of 30 by type.


Neither gun is a pistol. The GP 100 is misidentified as an LCR, and the LCR as a GP 100.


The Marlin 795 is a small semiautomatic .22 rifle. NY SAFE included a photo of a pump action shotgun.


Bigcountry02 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 01-29-2013, 04:28 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TNFrank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: TN. U.S.A.
Posts: 293
Liked 125 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 130

Default

This is the entire problem. These people want to ban guns and they have no idea about firearms, not the first clue. If they did then they'd know that a semi auto rifle IS NOT and "assault rifle" to begin with.
They just want to ban stuff based on how scary it looks, what's next, AirSoft AR's because they have all the "evil" features of the real semi-auto AR's.


__________________
http://www.infowars.com/
Member: Gun Owners of America
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here!
This is the War Room!"
TNFrank is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:33 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mosin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,513
Liked 4667 Times on 2323 Posts
Likes Given: 1086

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNFrank View Post
This is the entire problem. These people want to ban guns and they have no idea about firearms, not the first clue. If they did then they'd know that a semi auto rifle IS NOT and "assault rifle" to begin with.
They just want to ban stuff based on how scary it looks, what's next, AirSoft AR's because they have all the "evil" features of the real semi-auto AR's.
Well, theyre banning them in other countries....
__________________
Arbitrary enforcement of the law is the mark of tyranny. Citizens will always fight against it.
Mosin is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:35 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
longunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,174
Liked 188 Times on 149 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Default

Shhh....don't tell them anything
__________________
Marlin Model 60
Mossberg Maverick 88-12 GA
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Stag Model 2
Savage Model 11
Saiga 7.62x39
Mossberg MVP Varmint
Chinese T53 Mosin Nagant X2
53 Springfield M1 Garand
longunner is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:48 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 702
Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Default

This is so sad.
Rarity is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:54 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dog2000tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,309
Liked 3740 Times on 1828 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Default

After the Heller and McDonald SCOTUS decisions I don't see the NY Safe Act standing up in court, let alone the gross ineptitude it was written with. Further, when it does get struck down it will be a huge blow to Cuomo (and will destroy any chance he ever had of running for POTUS) and a huge blow for the gun control agenda

Keep informing people of the truth ... where the crimes are being committed, by whom, with what ... than ask them what these laws have to do and will do to protect children. Then inform them of laws and ways that could protect children. Ask the newly informed to contact their reps and demand action that will work ... not punish the law abiding citizen.
__________________
Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD
dog2000tj is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:14 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 702
Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
After the Heller and McDonald SCOTUS decisions I don't see the NY Safe Act standing up in court, let alone the gross ineptitude it was written with. Further, when it does get struck down it will be a huge blow to Cuomo (and will destroy any chance he ever had of running for POTUS) and a huge blow for the gun control agenda

Keep informing people of the truth ... where the crimes are being committed, by whom, with what ... than ask them what these laws have to do and will do to protect children. Then inform them of laws and ways that could protect children. Ask the newly informed to contact their reps and demand action that will work ... not punish the law abiding citizen.
I hope Cuomo burns like hell when he is on his way there--squealing like an uncontrolled stinky fat pig. He knows he has gotten himself into some really deep **** now.

The majority of New Yorkers still love him, so maybe this is just a fantasy
Rarity is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:21 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 614
Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Default

The people that are most in favor of gun control seem to be the least educated about firearms.
Warrior1256 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:53 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dog2000tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,309
Liked 3740 Times on 1828 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarity View Post
I hope Cuomo burns like hell when he is on his way there--squealing like an uncontrolled stinky fat pig. He knows he has gotten himself into some really deep **** now.

The majority of New Yorkers still love him, so maybe this is just a fantasy
no they don't ... the only ones that love him are the ones he surrounds himself with There are a lot of NY'rs who are better than that
__________________
Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD
dog2000tj is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:53 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dog2000tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,309
Liked 3740 Times on 1828 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior1256 View Post
The people that are most in favor of gun control seem to be the least educated.
fixed it for you


__________________
Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD
dog2000tj is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Is this a safe site? xTIPPYA5x General Rifle Discussion 3 11-06-2012 10:06 PM



Newest Threads