Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   NY SAFE Act web site serially misidentifies firearms (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/ny-safe-act-web-site-serially-misidentifies-firearms-82787/)

Bigcountry02 01-29-2013 03:55 PM

NY SAFE Act web site serially misidentifies firearms
 
This you have to see for yourself.

http://www.bob-owens.com/2013/01/they-dont-even-know-what-theyre-banning-ny-safe-act-web-site-serially-misidentifies-firearms/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+BobOwens+%28Bob+Owens%29

n 30 pictures describing “pistols that are not assault weapons,” the NY SAFE web site incorrectly identifies 6 of 30 handguns presented by name, and 16 of 30 by type.

http://www.bob-owens.com/wp-content/...-5-500x311.png
Neither gun is a pistol. The GP 100 is misidentified as an LCR, and the LCR as a GP 100.

http://www.bob-owens.com/wp-content/...-2-500x308.png
The Marlin 795 is a small semiautomatic .22 rifle. NY SAFE included a photo of a pump action shotgun.

TNFrank 01-29-2013 04:28 PM

This is the entire problem. These people want to ban guns and they have no idea about firearms, not the first clue. If they did then they'd know that a semi auto rifle IS NOT and "assault rifle" to begin with.
They just want to ban stuff based on how scary it looks, what's next, AirSoft AR's because they have all the "evil" features of the real semi-auto AR's. :confused:

Mosin 01-29-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNFrank (Post 1115025)
This is the entire problem. These people want to ban guns and they have no idea about firearms, not the first clue. If they did then they'd know that a semi auto rifle IS NOT and "assault rifle" to begin with.
They just want to ban stuff based on how scary it looks, what's next, AirSoft AR's because they have all the "evil" features of the real semi-auto AR's. :confused:

Well, theyre banning them in other countries....

longunner 01-29-2013 04:35 PM

Shhh....don't tell them anything :rolleyes:

Rarity 01-29-2013 04:48 PM

This is so sad.

dog2000tj 01-29-2013 04:54 PM

After the Heller and McDonald SCOTUS decisions I don't see the NY Safe Act standing up in court, let alone the gross ineptitude it was written with. Further, when it does get struck down it will be a huge blow to Cuomo (and will destroy any chance he ever had of running for POTUS) and a huge blow for the gun control agenda :cool:

Keep informing people of the truth ... where the crimes are being committed, by whom, with what ... than ask them what these laws have to do and will do to protect children. Then inform them of laws and ways that could protect children. Ask the newly informed to contact their reps and demand action that will work ... not punish the law abiding citizen.

Rarity 01-29-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog2000tj (Post 1115067)
After the Heller and McDonald SCOTUS decisions I don't see the NY Safe Act standing up in court, let alone the gross ineptitude it was written with. Further, when it does get struck down it will be a huge blow to Cuomo (and will destroy any chance he ever had of running for POTUS) and a huge blow for the gun control agenda :cool:

Keep informing people of the truth ... where the crimes are being committed, by whom, with what ... than ask them what these laws have to do and will do to protect children. Then inform them of laws and ways that could protect children. Ask the newly informed to contact their reps and demand action that will work ... not punish the law abiding citizen.

I hope Cuomo burns like hell when he is on his way there--squealing like an uncontrolled stinky fat pig. He knows he has gotten himself into some really deep **** now.

The majority of New Yorkers still love him, so maybe this is just a fantasy :p

Warrior1256 01-29-2013 11:21 PM

The people that are most in favor of gun control seem to be the least educated about firearms.

dog2000tj 01-29-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rarity (Post 1115088)
I hope Cuomo burns like hell when he is on his way there--squealing like an uncontrolled stinky fat pig. He knows he has gotten himself into some really deep **** now.

The majority of New Yorkers still love him, so maybe this is just a fantasy :p

no they don't ... the only ones that love him are the ones he surrounds himself with :rolleyes: There are a lot of NY'rs who are better than that ;)

dog2000tj 01-29-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior1256 (Post 1115543)
The people that are most in favor of gun control seem to be the least educated.

fixed it for you ;)


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:04 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.