NY exempts ex-LEOs from magazine limit - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

NY exempts ex-LEOs from magazine limit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 2412 Times on 1440 Posts
Likes Given: 1349

Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
I do not see the problem with the exemption. LEOs, ex-LEOs, Retired Military, CCW permit holders, normal law abiding citizens chould be exempted from this statute.

It should apply equally to all convicted Felons and those who use a handgun in the commision of a crime.
This 'law', like 99% of the anti-gun laws on the books at all levels of government, is unconstitutional and we ALL should totally disregard it!!! NO LEO who took an oath to 'protect and preserve the Constitution' should take any enforcement action, but many of my brother LOE's have sold their soul to the government!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 06-27-2013, 03:37 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 44 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
They should not reduce anyones 'round count' (magazine size). Like I said, we are citizens first, cops second. ANY LAW PASSED SHOULD APPLY TO EVERYONE, that way those in government would not be exempt from this STUPIDITY!!!
It's not just New York State. They tried to do it on a national level by including exemptions for federal employees in the recently proposed AWB that got shot down. There are officially two classes of citizens in the United States and it has been that way for a while now. Obamacare further widens the chasm between elected leaders and average citizens because the elected leaders are exempt from it.

It's scary stuff. Attempting to appease law enforcement to sustain your power at the expense of everyone else isn't a good sign. I find a little comfort in the fact that veterans and active duty soldiers are still ordinary citizens, but if history is any guide that will soon change.
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member
SCOPE Memeber