NY Cops Using Armslist.com To Sting Gun Owners? - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > NY Cops Using Armslist.com To Sting Gun Owners?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2013, 12:41 AM   #71
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8273 Times on 4780 Posts
Likes Given: 10698

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
Their rational is we can use the well for a garden or car washing, you get the picture I think. The other part is they have sanitation included, they will remove anything you drag to the street with no extra charges(which is ok because you already pay for it). They also come clean my ditch and and driveway tile 3-4x a year.. It's kind of give and take.. Also the PD gets here 100x faster then a sheriff ever did. I'm ok with all of this, I choose to buy this home, I grew up here.

If they take over the power, my $100 a month bill plus my $60 water/sewage will go to over $300 combined.. I like it here and will fight but if they take it all over I will simply leave.. Life is too short to battle stupid ****.
Screw their rational. If the well is pre-existing and private I would continue to use it as I have always done, and that would not be to just wash cars and water the garden.

Clean out the ditches? The County workers here do more damage to the drainage than good. Plus they only clean the drainage out when its either too early or too late. When the rain is sluicing down and the water is running high thats when I get out there and direct the water where it needs to go. Then the County comes around and fuks it all up again after the storm is gone.

I agree with Axxe. You sound like you are OK with them telling you what you can and cannot do with your own private property, and by extension you would be OK with turning in your guns if they pass laws restricting them, or register your magazines and then later turn them in (because as you said earlier in reference to something else, its not a matter of if, but when.)

When the County (or the City) moves in I will stand my ground as long as I can, and then bug out only if I have no choice but to do so.

Here in CA there has been a longstanding ban on many, many guns and gun accessories. Many Californians have outright refused to comply with these bans.

It has gotten to the point where when you meet someone new at the range and they find out that you have an AR they will ask (almost automatically) if you need any high-capacity magazines. Not surprisingly (at least to me) the most often-heard response is "No, I have plenty already!".

The bans don't work. Complying with them just tells the bastards where a small percentage of them are.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 12-27-2013, 01:12 AM   #72
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1588 Times on 1085 Posts
Likes Given: 548

Hertford county in NC is just as rural and conservative as it gets. There isn't a large population in Hertford county, in fact the population is declining. There isn't much to do other than farm or service a portion of the farm industry. In order to get county water in Hertford county they needed everyone to sign up. You could hook on to the county water at a reduced rate. All these people had wells in good order. The county passed a law, the next thing you know everyone in the county had to hook up to county water or pay $25 a month to use their well.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 12-27-2013, 01:17 AM   #73
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21581 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
Hertford county in NC is just as rural and conservative as it gets. There isn't a large population in Hertford county, in fact the population is declining. There isn't much to do other than farm or service a portion of the farm industry. In order to get county water in Hertford county they needed everyone to sign up. You could hook on to the county water at a reduced rate. All these people had wells in good order. The county passed a law, the next thing you know everyone in the county had to hook up to county water or pay $25 a month to use their well.
$25 a month to use your own well on your own property? that's beyond stupid! and you people went along with this willingly? wow. just wow.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:22 AM   #74
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8273 Times on 4780 Posts
Likes Given: 10698

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
$25 a month to use your own well on your own property? that's beyond stupid! and you people went along with this willingly? wow. just wow.
Yup. That's the sort of tactics I was talking about here in CA. They tell you they have no intention to do something but they turn around and do it as soon as they get the laws passed.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 12-27-2013, 10:28 AM   #75

Liked 984 Times on 649 Posts
Likes Given: 632

Quote:
The water I can live with, but there's talk about having to pay the town for the same power we get now just with the towns up charge, when, not if this happens, because it will, I will put the for sale sign up and move.
What, wait; they are basically adding a tax onto your existing electricity bill!!?? And, I have never heard of anyone putting a meter on a private well. If they tried that sh!t around here, they'd probably get a SOLID F**K YOU from just about everybody, me included. I will have to admit, other than runaway property taxes, NH is really good about such things.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:27 AM   #76
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6134 Times on 3038 Posts
Likes Given: 6513

The case can and has been made in cities and built up areas for Aquifer, NRG and Waste management due to the density and compaction of the population by their own accord. Not just big cities, we have a small village 10 minutes away that has virtually regulated every aspect of home ownership utility wise in the village much like a gated/ planned community. Because they buy bulk power for the town and the University in it, they get really cheap rates; to keep them, they must not over-consume or they get whacked so its against the rules to add electric heating to your house there now. If you can get village water and septic, you must, no choice bout it, if you get caught using preexisting connections, they fine you and make you disable it.

The village has prospered, the housing has doubled in value over the last 20 years (the taxes tripled) and new businesses are popping up like crazy. Very few places in NY show this kind of promise but its not all good. The thing is, Townies cant afford their own houses anymore and if they dont die first, they sell to well healed University Professors and Administration and move out or go bust.

Profs love the fact they dont have to worry about anything in the Village, its a storybook looking village and they would rather pay people to do that for them. Most couldnt change a washer in a faucet much less fix a well pump or a leaky roof and they dont ever want poo bubbling up from their finely manicured postage stamp lawns, thats OK for them, not so much for me.

After all my rambling, it boils down to this. If youve always had something and someone takes it away from you, it should piss you off, if it doesnt, your probably perfect flock material. Guns and Wells are not the same critters unless they are treated the same way state or Nation wide, they arent. a 3 minute drive and you can own your own well, septic and all the good and bad that goes with it, the same cant be said for your AR with "3 military features" on it! NY has been my state longer than it has been Andy's, the fact he thinks he can eliminate something bad (crime) by banning something that is used 99% of the time properly infuriates me and about 95% of the property owners in the state of NY.

Much of the need for a 2A came from the right to own property, if we could not own property, we would have little or no reason to say "This we will defend" and it becomes easier to leave that defense to the Government, after all, we'd just be Gypsies, the lord of the Manor being the only one concerned about the security of their lair. The Lord of the Manor/ Wealthy citizens dont leave the protection of their castle to the government even though they may own thousands of domiciles regular folk live in that LEO's, Locks and cameras are all they permit for the good of law and order. Those that attend the $10,000 a plate dinners with a photo-op supporting the Republicrats that bring us laws like the Safe Act have more public and private security surrounding them than our entire county has to protect millions. They arent limited by the laws they create that take away our rights, they are exempt and so are their supporters by virtue of their money!

This is collusion without conspiracy of the highest order and were getting the sh!t end of the stick in the deal. This is a middle class problem that neither the rich nor the poor give a rats ass about for completely different reasons. You cannot outrun those that seek to take rights away. Tell me I cant use my well anymore and I will move 10 minutes away where I can, tell me I cant own firearms that have been in my family for generations and your gonna get another reaction and it wont be moving!

Old 12-27-2013, 11:30 AM   #77

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
What, wait; they are basically adding a tax onto your existing electricity bill!!?? And, I have never heard of anyone putting a meter on a private well. If they tried that sh!t around here, they'd probably get a SOLID F**K YOU from just about everybody, me included. I will have to admit, other than runaway property taxes, NH is really good about such things.
That's exactly right about the power, that's the line for me.

Like I said the water was this way when I
Moved back over here(I was young when it switched), no meter on my well. The other services, police, sanitation and the ditch service(can't help some peoples town/county sucks at their job) are great, I have about 7-8 large bushes in front of my house, they keep the ditch clogged.

It's really laughable when someone lives in California and pays taxes to pay the salaries of the biggest gun haters there are attacks someone who lives and votes in an actual free state..

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 12-27-2013, 12:00 PM   #78

what is truly laughable is someone trying to equate a scum sucking child molester to law abiding gun owner. but everyone is entitled to an opinion.

entrapment? someone trying to purchase legal ammunition is being entrapped like a child molester who is going to commit a felony? not hardly.

if a person can get that to fly as viable defence strategy, they would probably be a better defence attorney that F. Lee Bailey! wow. of course the defendent can argue the teenager lured them to the home.

one person is trying to buy something that's legal for them to own from another person. okay, that sounds legit. another person is going to the home of an underaged teenager to commit a felony. that i have a huge problem with. and i just can't see a comparison in how they are equal in any way.

sorry, but my conservative brain is having a hard time wrapping itself around this concept in any way. i guess if i drink some of the liberal kool-ade it might make better sense.

Last edited by Axxe55; 12-27-2013 at 12:05 PM.
People Like This 
Old 12-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #79

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

For the last time.. The method is what's being compared.. Use of the internet.. For Christ's sake, you don't see they authorities are using the internet in both situations to try and catch people doing something illegal? Seriously? How the hell are you able to get dressed and tie your shoes?

Like a few others, I think you and I are done permanently. There's no way you are this slow, so you must be just a troll.

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 12-27-2013, 12:19 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
For the last time.. The method is what's being compared.. Use of the internet.. For Christ's sake, you don't see they authorities are using the internet in both situations to try and catch people doing something illegal? Seriously? How the hell are you able to get dressed and tie your shoes?

Like a few others, I think you and I are done permanently. There's no way you are this slow, so you must be just a troll.
again your comparison falls very short.

one person has every intention of commiting a felony. he just gets the cops, instead of an underaged teenager. but you seem fine with this. intention is the key factor. he intends on committing a felony in the first place. if the situation were not a sting, he would have still committed the felony. he just got caught instead. another scum sucking child molester is off the streets.

another person is trying to buy something that is legal for him to own in the first place is being targeted in a sting operation to try and entrap them with something illegal.

methods are not the same and the comparison isn't either.

you can make personal attacks on me by name calling and such, but it seriously undermines the credibility of your statements. but carry on. your remarks are good for a laugh!