Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > NY Cops Using Armslist.com To Sting Gun Owners?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2014, 03:04 AM   #171
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Sorry, not sure what to do. It works when I click on it.....even in your quote....??

Anybody else having trouble? It's a feel-good police story and thought I'd put it here - sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread.

Here it is again, hope it works: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140103/METRO01/301030038/Detroit-police-chief-Legal-gun-owners-can-deter-crime?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Old 01-04-2014, 03:07 AM   #172
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2768 Times on 1904 Posts
Likes Given: 560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7
Sorry, not sure what to do. It works when I click on it.....even in your quote....?? Anybody else having trouble? It's a feel-good police story and thought I'd put it here - sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread. Here it is again, hope it works: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140103/METRO01/301030038/Detroit-police-chief-Legal-gun-owners-can-deter-crime?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE
Still not working, Sorry. I'll go find it on their site.....

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 01-04-2014, 03:10 AM   #173
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19871 Times on 11287 Posts
Likes Given: 50093

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
Sorry, not sure what to do. It works when I click on it.....even in your quote....??

Anybody else having trouble? It's a feel-good police story and thought I'd put it here - sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread.

Here it is again, hope it works: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140103/METRO01/301030038/Detroit-police-chief-Legal-gun-owners-can-deter-crime?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE
the last link did load for me as well. slow loading but did load.

really kind of suprised at that coming from a police chief in Detroit though.
People Like This 
Old 01-04-2014, 03:15 AM   #174
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2768 Times on 1904 Posts
Likes Given: 560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55
the last link did load for me as well. slow loading but did load. really kind of suprised at that coming from a police chief in Detroit though.
Went to it through the web, very interesting....

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-04-2014, 03:43 AM   #175
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 916 Times on 546 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
When I get stopped myself, I pull over to a safe place, put the vehicle in park, keep my hands on the steering wheel, and wait to see what the cop wants me to do.

It's never a good idea to suddenly jump out of any vehicle on a traffic stop. See the second video I posted earlier for a great example of why the cop will not like that.
That is usually what I do usually do also, although I will usually have my license, registration and proof of insurance ready by the time he gets to the window.

I can't imagine the stress created in the leo not knowing if the car he is approaching contains a middle aged guy like me not paying attention to his speed, or some wack job who just robbed a bank 2 counties away. I am old enough to have no interest in making that stress worse. I will admit to doing some stupid things in this regard when I was much younger, just not gonna admit what they were.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:17 AM   #176
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1490 Times on 913 Posts
Likes Given: 7330

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post
That is usually what I do usually do also, although I will usually have my license, registration and proof of insurance ready by the time he gets to the window.

I can't imagine the stress created in the leo not knowing if the car he is approaching contains a middle aged guy like me not paying attention to his speed, or some wack job who just robbed a bank 2 counties away. I am old enough to have no interest in making that stress worse. I will admit to doing some stupid things in this regard when I was much younger, just not gonna admit what they were.
On the documents part of the post. I never have my licence ready if I am buckled at the time of the stop and my wallet is in my pocket. I have gotten ticketed for my belt being off due to getting my wallet out before. I wait for the officer to get up to my window first, then get the required documents out. I also keep my registration and insurance cards in a clip on my driver's side visor so i don't have to reach into a door pocket or visor.

I once got an up close look at the muzzle of a Glock 17 thanks to reaching into the center console of my dad's mustang during a "Bride's" first traffic stop. His senior officer got him to relax, thank god, but that was one scary night to say the least. In the end we were both able to laugh about it, but I have learned not to reach for my papers until told to.

In the end I just got informed that I needed to change my right side inner brake light, and told to drive safe. The three of us still run into each other at a neighbor's summer cook outs, and we still get a laugh out of it. Kind of funny how some friendships start.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 01-07-2014, 03:10 PM   #177

Liked 4549 Times on 2200 Posts
Likes Given: 1355

Aww come on Web... Cut officer friendly a break. He was just being "proactive" in his policing.

Sure, he's probably watched "Minority Report" waaaay too many times and saw a "red ball" in his dreams the night before but that's ok!

He's only looking out for your sons "safety" and don't worry... The boot tread marks in your boys neck will fade over time.

Tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
So, My son in law tells me he and a friend got pulled over yesterday when they went through a yellow light, he was the rider. The officer asks the traditional q's, Where you coming from, where you going etc, then tells them they went through a red light cutting him off. My SIL swears he saw the LEO parked in a parking lot not driving. The officer clears the registration and insurance than asks about the the contents of the "Bag in the Backseat" and asks if he can check it out. The driver asked why, officer said because it kinda looks like the outline of a gun! Turns out it was a fold up lawn char in the long bag they come in. The officer let them off with a "Warning", WTF, warn them of what, be careful of fold up chairs? These guys are trolling hard, I saw 5 cars stopped BS'sing at the side of the road and 6 other cars in 20 miles driving to Lowes yesterday!

A lawn chair looks like a gun? Gimme a break...
Old 01-11-2014, 05:41 PM   #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
This is entrapment how? You obviously have no clue what entrapment is. And what par of the BoR is this a violation of? Stop promulgating incorrect and inflammatory information
Perhaps entrapment is not correct based on the OPS original post... But showing up to buy a legal product from a private seller only to be surrounded and interrogated is certainly GESTAPO and a blatant 4A violation.

NY gun owners should turn the tables with a little reverse sting. Follow these Cops back to their precinct, video them leaving in their POV's, follow them home and post their faces and home address's on Armslist.

If NY LEO's see no problem violation our right to privacy... We have every right to expose them, what they look like, and where they live.

Tack
Old 01-11-2014, 05:50 PM   #179
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19871 Times on 11287 Posts
Likes Given: 50093

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Perhaps entrapment is not correct based on the OPS original post... But showing up to buy a legal product from a private seller only to be surrounded and interrogated is certainly GESTAPO and a blatant 4A violation.

NY gun owners should turn the tables with a little reverse sting. Follow these Cops back to their precinct, video them leaving in their POV's, follow them home and post their faces and home address's on Armslist.

If NY LEO's see no problem violation our right to privacy... We have every right to expose them, what they look like, and where they live.

Tack
i have a feeling doing such things would come back to bite you hard in the azz. i don't think LEO's should ever be above the law for any reason, but stooping to such tactics could be more damaging than productive in the long run.

Old 01-11-2014, 06:30 PM   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
i have a feeling doing such things would come back to bite you hard in the azz. i don't think LEO's should ever be above the law for any reason, but stooping to such tactics could be more damaging than productive in the long run.
All depends on how its done Axxe.

I'm not advocating violence against them... I'm simply saying that the LEO's engaging in this crap have NO IDEA how the info they are gathering may be used against the gun owners they've ID'd "in the future"... and if it goes bad, that will certainly be their excuse.

Likewise, citizen journalists can not be held responsible for future criminal acts of third party people.

Exposing LEO's who behave poorly seems to be a very popular past time in our nation today... Taking it to the next level by eliminating the personal privacy of those who violate your personal privacy is a logical and just response.

Tack