NY Cops Using Armslist.com To Sting Gun Owners? - Page 16
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > NY Cops Using Armslist.com To Sting Gun Owners?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2014, 08:06 PM   #151
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1207 Times on 823 Posts
Likes Given: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post
Around here if you aren't acting stupid the leos will sometimes give a seatbelt ticket instead of speeding ticket. The seatbelt ticket is almost as expensive but doesn't give you points that will effect your ins. rates.

Bingo.....seat belt tickets is a "non-moving" violation, and adds no points to your DL

Old 01-01-2014, 09:46 PM   #152
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2738 Times on 1434 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Quote:
Around here if you aren't acting stupid the leos will sometimes give a seatbelt ticket instead of speeding ticket. The seatbelt ticket is almost as expensive but doesn't give you points that will effect your ins. rates.
The problem with that concept is how does your insurance company treat it. Around here a seat belt violation is the same as any other hazardous violation, in the eyes of most insurance companies. If you are willing to engage in bahavior that raises your risk for injury, your rates are going up

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 01-01-2014, 10:49 PM   #153
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 871 Times on 526 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Quote:
Go to ticket around here is "impeding traffic"

Old 01-02-2014, 12:23 AM   #154
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 952 Times on 568 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
The problem with that concept is how does your insurance company treat it. Around here a seat belt violation is the same as any other hazardous violation, in the eyes of most insurance companies. If you are willing to engage in bahavior that raises your risk for injury, your rates are going up
In Ohio it doesn't show on your mvr as far as I know, so the insurance companies don't necessarily know about it. This probably varies from state to state.

My old pickup doesn't have shoulder belts, so no way for leo to know if I have my seat belt on or not before he gets to the window. Which of course by the time he gets to the window I have it on.

Old 01-02-2014, 02:42 AM   #155

Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Yup. That's the sort of tactics I was talking about here in CA. They tell you they have no intention to do something but they turn around and do it as soon as they get the laws passed.
Sounds like UBCs and registration.

Old 01-02-2014, 04:02 AM   #156
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2738 Times on 1434 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
Go to ticket around here is "impeding traffic"
I love Impeding Traffic and Slower Traffic Fail to Keep Right. We have thousands of knuckleheads who think the left lane is for the "cool kids" and no other lane exists. They get on the freeway, jump straight to the left lane and drive at whatever speed they choose. The Toll Roads have signs posted after nearly every (80 mph) speed limit sign that read "Left Lane For Passing Only". These DB's hop over there and drive in the left lane for 20 miles. Ah, NO!

To me, there is nothing worse than a driver who has ZERO concern for his fellow motorist. They get in their $40,000 SUV and don't give one rat's behind about anyone else on the road. The lane they are in is THEIR lane! Turn signals? Give me a break. The only time they use turn signals is when the red and blues come on and they signal to pull to the side of the road (which will take them another mile). Defensive driving and common courtesy are DEAD!

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 01-02-2014, 04:17 AM   #157
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1600 Times on 1095 Posts
Likes Given: 555

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
I love Impeding Traffic and Slower Traffic Fail to Keep Right. We have thousands of knuckleheads who think the left lane is for the "cool kids" and no other lane exists. They get on the freeway, jump straight to the left lane and drive at whatever speed they choose. The Toll Roads have signs posted after nearly every (80 mph) speed limit sign that read "Left Lane For Passing Only". These DB's hop over there and drive in the left lane for 20 miles. Ah, NO!

To me, there is nothing worse than a driver who has ZERO concern for his fellow motorist. They get in their $40,000 SUV and don't give one rat's behind about anyone else on the road. The lane they are in is THEIR lane! Turn signals? Give me a break. The only time they use turn signals is when the red and blues come on and they signal to pull to the side of the road (which will take them another mile). Defensive driving and common courtesy are DEAD!
I avoid raleigh/durham like the plague. I will happily pay $50 more for something if I don't have to go to the triangle.

We have people that will line up totally blocking everyone and drive a couple MPH under the speed limit. Not so slow they are at risk for impeding traffic but slow enough to have a mile long string of angry drivers behind them. There should be a citation of some fashion for intentionally provoking other drivers. Around here we always have a law enforcement campaign to curb aggressive driving but there are no laws against doing things that will make most people want to get clear of a bonehead.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 01-02-2014, 06:46 AM   #158

Liked 158 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 84

Gee, where's Johnny when all of this lane #1 BS happens. I sure hope they are laying the smack down on the crack house....or grabbing some free coffee and doughnuts at 7-11. You just can't police it all can ya?

Old 01-02-2014, 10:09 AM   #159

Liked 987 Times on 651 Posts
Likes Given: 635

Quote:
Better sight angles, usually unexpected, safer if the stop occurs on the right side of the road, and you can see what's in the glovebox when they reach for their registration papers. Once and a while somebody is reaching for a gun instead of paperwork.
Yeah, that makes sense. I wonder why they don't do it more often?

Old 01-03-2014, 01:45 AM   #160
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2200 Times on 1218 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter
Yeah, that makes sense. I wonder why they don't do it more often?
Everybody trains a little different on traffic stops. Some guys walk up to either side and keep the door frame between them and the driver. Some guys stand right in the middle of the window and make a nice silhouette, some guys don't walk up to the car at all.

Unless I think the persons trying to hide something I never walk up to the car, I make them walk to me. If I do approach the car it's usually from the passengers side. Preferably when I know another unit is close by and clear from their calls.

LEOs are creatures of habit. Most guys pick a method and do things the exact same way every time regardless of the circumstances, road obstructions etc. Which can be dangerous for everybody sometimes.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Last edited by DeltaF; 01-03-2014 at 01:53 AM.