NY Cops Using Armslist.com To Sting Gun Owners? - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > NY Cops Using Armslist.com To Sting Gun Owners?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2013, 01:05 AM   #101
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8282 Times on 4787 Posts
Likes Given: 10713

if you really want to know why I won't talk to the police then watch this video. It is well worth the time. Pay particular attention to what the police detective says when he first gets to the mike too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc&hd=1

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 12-29-2013, 01:09 AM   #102
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
i have nothing to hide as i have nothing illegal, but if any LEO wants to search any of my property, then he needs a search warrant. that simple.
x2. Every time, all the time. No exceptions.

And for those who just can't stop talking, you really ought to take some time to see what a law school professor and an ex-cop thinks about your urge to be helpful. See the link Vikingdad posted above.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

People Like This 
Old 12-29-2013, 02:17 AM   #103
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
x2. Every time, all the time. No exceptions.

And for those who just can't stop talking, you really ought to take some time to see what a law school professor and an ex-cop thinks about your urge to be helpful. See the link Vikingdad posted above.
my advice is simple. you have the right to remain silent. excercise that right and keep your mouth shut. your attorney will tell you what to say.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:18 AM   #104
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6138 Times on 3041 Posts
Likes Given: 6518

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
That behavior irritates the hell out of me. If there is no violation, you have no reason to stop the car. There are plenty of legit violations (however feather legged they may be) that stopping someone with out PC is just unacceptable.
In the last 2 months, Me, my Wife and SIL have been pulled over for BS. Cant speak for SIL but Wife and I havent been pulled over for many years prior and none of us actually broke the law to get pulled over. I was hoping the one who pulled me over wanted to search my truck, he would have needed a warrant and a shovel, instead he gave me a ticket for wearing my seatbelt (he said I wasnt even though I was !!!!!!!!

This is crazy, when officers of the law start pulling people over to sniff, were all in big trouble. There are certainly plenty of people actually breaking the law to fill any quotas they may have. The first two questions, "Where you coming from and where you are going seem like standard questions but at all three stops, every officer asked if anyone had any firearms in the vehicle! Thats a new question I think (I dont remember anyone ever asking me that but its been many years since Ive been pulled over).

In the old days, they wouldnt have had to ask me, they would know I was carrying cause I had a gun rack in the back window of my truck for many years, thats not wise anymore but there is nothing even questionable about carrying a firearm in a vehicle so why would they ask???? Asking me if I have a firearm in my vehicle when the only thing Im suspected of is not wearing a seatbelt is really none of their business is it?????

They didnt ask me if i had an illegal weapon in my vehicle, just "any firearm". What if I did have a legal firearm in my vehicle, how would you move one if not by vehicle????? I know the next question would be is it loaded? My answer would be no but that likely wouldnt be NY good enough from what Ive heard on TV (they now report traffic stops where weapons are found or declared and the amount of bullets in peoples weapons if loaded), I could expect an inspection of the weapon next to confirm what I just said. All this and all I did wrong to begin with was nothing

Probable cause is a subjective term we accept as necessary to safely and judiciously conduct the business of law enforcement but its out of control the way people rights can be cast aside on cast suspicion without any solid proof needed to act. 3 citizens in my family were pulled over in 2 months for "not breaking the law", all three of us gave up a small portion of our lives in these stops we will never get back and subjected to a line of questioning that was really none of their beeswax. The LEO may have been on the books getting paid but I wasnt, we want our time back, if they want to go on a fishing expedition, count us out!

I have friends that are LEO's and Prison Guards and their jobs are difficult, dangerous and undesirable to most people, kinda like my 21 years in the military! Anyone carrying the badge or ID card that says they work for any arm or branch of our government needs to know just who they are really working for, Not Major Smoot, John Q Public! Would you ask your boss silly questions without good cause for asking them; I know the answer, No you wouldnt so why do they do this with us?????

Last edited by WebleyFosbery38; 12-29-2013 at 09:23 AM.
People Like This 
Old 12-29-2013, 12:42 PM   #105
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 871 Times on 526 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
my advice is simple. you have the right to remain silent. excercise that right and keep your mouth shut. your attorney will tell you what to say.
Actually, you have to declare you're invoking your right to remain silent...

I do have a question, If you're pulled over for either a fishing expedition or even legitimate purpose and asked where you're going, how does one answer that question?

Old 12-29-2013, 02:01 PM   #106
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2742 Times on 1436 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
Actually, you have to declare you're invoking your right to remain silent...

I do have a question, If you're pulled over for either a fishing expedition or even legitimate purpose and asked where you're going, how does one answer that question?
Where does it say you must declare?

You can answer that you do not care to answer the question. I will let you in on a secret, it is not necessarily the answer, but if you can follow the line of questioning and answer intelligibly.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

People Like This 
Old 12-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #107

Liked 988 Times on 651 Posts
Likes Given: 636

Partdeux, not only that, I read an article just the other week that said there has been a precedent set in the courts recently that invoking your 5th amendment right can in and of itself be considered admitting guilt. (Since why, if you're not guilty, would you not talk?)

My question is this; what business of theirs is it where I have been, and where am I going? (If you MUST know, the whorehouse, and my whiskey still.)

Last edited by clr8ter; 12-29-2013 at 02:11 PM.

Old 12-29-2013, 02:12 PM   #108
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3171 Times on 2152 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03
I will just make a final comment! With the corruption that is within the State of NY. Being retired LE myself. I think that law enforcement officers would have more important things to do other than violate citizens Constututional Rights by wasting time to enforce laws entrapping and chasing bullets around when they should be investigating and arresting their government officials and others for serious corruption and rights violations. And a cop (notice I used the workd COP not Law Enforcement Officer!) that is contributing to this program mentioned above in my opinion should not be carrying a badge! Because it is a badge of disgrace to the profession in my opinion! I personaly would have not enforced such a laws as they are trying to implement. Connecticut's either! Recently they wanted me to do business with NY and I told them to absolutely NOT! I refuse to do business with their State any longer! Personaly I hope they go bankrupt! I do not need their unconstitutional, munipulative, corrupt money! As far as if I were an LE officer there as the old saying comes to mind "out of sight out of mind" if you know what I mean! Of course there are two many puppets in the profession today that dance to the strings that are munipulated by the corrupt politicians. I have friends in NY who were police officers who recently retired due to the BS going on in that State! A law is only as effective as the people allow it to be! What I am saying is every citizen in NY should take them to TASK! I mean to TASK not just complaining on a Forum! Otherwise GET MEAN! 03
I like what you did there with the word munipulated! Sadly I still have lots of friends and family there, as does the DW....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 12-29-2013, 03:01 PM   #109

Liked 2463 Times on 1599 Posts

So these incidents with police are with state patrol and municipal forces, correct? Because I remember almost all county sheriffs saying they won't comply with these new laws. Makes me wonder how long it will be before there are lawsuits between departments.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 12-29-2013, 03:25 PM   #110

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
I have friends that are LEO's and Prison Guards and their jobs are difficult, dangerous and undesirable to most people, kinda like my 21 years in the military!
No offense to anyone here but.........

Your service in the military is not at all like Big Police jobs, at least not in this country. If our troops in Afghan behaved like our national police force, the RCMP, every Afghan male who reached around to scratch his arse within 400 meters of our patrols would've been shot dead.

Furthermore, commercial fishing, logging and long distance trucking are more dangerous than LEO work. So is driving a cab. Any of those workers is more likely to get killed at work. I'm not saying LEO work is not worthwhile, useful and valuable, just sayin'.....let's keep it real.

The behaviour people are describing here is Police State stuff. After all, isn't that what they call it when the Police make the rules.....when the Police decide they will sort out for themselves whether to tolerate everything that is legal?

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Last edited by Rocky7; 12-29-2013 at 03:29 PM.