NY Cops Using Armslist.com To Sting Gun Owners? - Page 10
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > NY Cops Using Armslist.com To Sting Gun Owners?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
People don't attend board of commissioner meetings. All anyone is concerned about when they vote for a board member is will he zone my land and the land near my property will be zoned like I want it. They could care less if a monkey ran for board of commissioners as long as everyone is happy with zoning and easements. Sometimes you get a bunch of bad monkeys. I don't live in Hertford county.
No worries.. Very few ppl attend every single meeting,...

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 12-28-2013, 02:56 PM   #92

Liked 1187 Times on 796 Posts
Likes Given: 783

Quote:
Turns out it was a fold up lawn char in the long bag they come in.
WF38, so, they let him look? I don't know if I would have. If he'd been REAL nice about it, maybe. If he'd copped ANY sort of attitude, nope. The closest I've ever been to that was recently. I got stopped for missing reg stickers I didn't know were gone. He saw 2 copies of Guns & Ammo on the floor, in the back, through tinted windows. He asked if I was carrying. I wasn't. He asked about the model helicopters I had. I showed him. But he was more than pleasant, and simply curious. So no issue there.

Old 12-28-2013, 03:30 PM   #93
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22027 Times on 12418 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i have nothing to hide as i have nothing illegal, but if any LEO wants to search any of my property, then he needs a search warrant. that simple.

i have had them try and use the reasoning that if i have nothing to hide then let them have permission to search and lets get this over with. sorry, again, no search warrant, no search. thank you sir, and have a nice day.

i feel that if they have reasons to want or need to search, then they need to back up those suspicions with a search warrant signed by a judge. it is also excercising my Constitutional rights against illegal search and siezure.

Old 12-28-2013, 04:44 PM   #94
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3017 Times on 1572 Posts
Likes Given: 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
So, My son in law tells me he and a friend got pulled over yesterday when they went through a yellow light, he was the rider. The officer asks the traditional q's, Where you coming from, where you going etc, then tells them they went through a red light cutting him off. My SIL swears he saw the LEO parked in a parking lot not driving. The officer clears the registration and insurance than asks about the the contents of the "Bag in the Backseat" and asks if he can check it out. The driver asked why, officer said because it kinda looks like the outline of a gun! Turns out it was a fold up lawn char in the long bag they come in. The officer let them off with a "Warning", WTF, warn them of what, be careful of fold up chairs? These guys are trolling hard, I saw 5 cars stopped BS'sing at the side of the road and 6 other cars in 20 miles driving to Lowes yesterday!

A lawn chair looks like a gun? Gimme a break...
That behavior irritates the hell out of me. If there is no violation, you have no reason to stop the car. There are plenty of legit violations (however feather legged they may be) that stopping someone with out PC is just unacceptable.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

People Like This 
Old 12-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #95

Liked 412 Times on 268 Posts
Likes Given: 1509

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
i have nothing to hide as i have nothing illegal, but if any LEO wants to search any of my property, then he needs a search warrant. that simple.

i have had them try and use the reasoning that if i have nothing to hide then let them have permission to search and lets get this over with. sorry, again, no search warrant, no search. thank you sir, and have a nice day.

i feel that if they have reasons to want or need to search, then they need to back up those suspicions with a search warrant signed by a judge. it is also excercising my Constitutional rights against illegal search and seizure.
While I was never actual LEO with arrest powers I assisted them often in investigations at my company when I was a PI back in the 90's and I offer this humble observation:

We all have to understand no matter how nice they act, no matter how you think you are "connecting" , no matter how you wan tto "look cool under pressure" every single thing you say that can be twisted into any kind of admission of guilt will be.

Even if you make a joke.

the ONLY way to act in these situations is to politely inform the man that you will not not utter a single sentence on anything until you have an attorney present. Even if they try to make the most harmless small talk with you.
Dont be "cool" and banter with them.

ANY slip of the tongue could be interpreted in many ways.

When the 'Verfassungschutz" In Germany rolled up many left and right wing groups in the 80's they accomplished it nearly everytime because someone talked to them to "make it look harmless".

Oh yes they got fewer years than anybody else BUT there would have been no years sat all to give ,if they hadnt had any conversations at all with the agents!

The only exception to the advice above are traffic tickets.

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

EVERY DAY MEN WHO WILL FOLLOW ORDERS TO KILL YOU, EXERCISE. DO YOU?

Last edited by bluez; 12-28-2013 at 04:52 PM.
kfox75 Likes This 
Old 12-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #96

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Man up follow the Gay Rights movement? Gees is that a contradiction? No group has been been more successful than the gun rights movement. We now have 40 states with rights to carry concealed and more with open carry. Guns and ammo sales the highest in history. Firearms stock on Wall Street setting records. NRA membership rising at record rates. We defeated Obama and the Democrats gun laws. The list are endless.
The problem is gun owners believe the Liberal press. The press pushes Gay rights and Marijuana freedom and other Left Wing agendas. They play down any conservative victories.

Old 12-28-2013, 06:25 PM   #97

Liked 412 Times on 268 Posts
Likes Given: 1509

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Man up follow the Gay Rights movement? Gees is that a contradiction? No group has been been more successful than the gun rights movement. We now have 40 states with rights to carry concealed and more with open carry. Guns and ammo sales the highest in history. Firearms stock on Wall Street setting records. NRA membership rising at record rates. We defeated Obama and the Democrats gun laws. The list are endless.
The problem is gun owners believe the Liberal press. The press pushes Gay rights and Marijuana freedom and other Left Wing agendas. They play down any conservative victories.
The problem is they need to get it right just once and pass a restrictive law whereas we need to get it right every time to stay free.
This Bull **** "Oh noes, I am scurred.. my stuff is legal but it might not be in the future so I will be a good church mouse and keep my head down" is stifling our energy and in the end only serves the narrative of the enemies of our republic.

be loud and and be an abashed activist.

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

EVERY DAY MEN WHO WILL FOLLOW ORDERS TO KILL YOU, EXERCISE. DO YOU?

Old 12-29-2013, 12:21 AM   #98
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1172 Times on 690 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:

i feel that if they have reasons to want or need to search, then they need to back up those suspicions with a search warrant signed by a judge. it is also excercising my Constitutional rights against illegal search and siezure.
Part of this is age related, the car I had before this one had no provision for a front license plate(required in Ohio). I am 49 years old and drive "an old mans car". I got pulled over twice about this, both times the conversation went like this: "Sir do you know where your front license plate is?" "Yes sir it is in the trunk, someone backed into me in a parking lot and broke the bracket and I haven't had a chance to get to a junk yard to replace it" "OK sir please get that fixed as soon as possible, have a nice day."

One of my friends had 2 boys in their late teens and early 20s, the older boy had a s10 that was lowered and had huge rims and all that stuff. They got pulled over and the first thing out of the cops mouth was "where are the drugs". They had none these are kids we wish we had. The kid kept his head and told the cop get a warrant and even with the warrant I will have my dad here before the warrant gets here so there will be no shenanigans. The cop sent them on their way.
Old 12-29-2013, 01:29 AM   #99
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1842 Times on 1142 Posts
Likes Given: 10396

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluez View Post
I respectfully disagree.
I believe this has become a valuable thread for our group.
having thought about it overnight, I feel I may have been a little premature in posting this. I just hope we can keep things civil and no resort to insults of a personal or general manner. Not pointing fingers or accusing anyone, we just need to remember our manners is all.

Not directed at you Bluez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
So, My son in law tells me he and a friend got pulled over yesterday when they went through a yellow light, he was the rider. The officer asks the traditional q's, Where you coming from, where you going etc, then tells them they went through a red light cutting him off. My SIL swears he saw the LEO parked in a parking lot not driving. The officer clears the registration and insurance than asks about the the contents of the "Bag in the Backseat" and asks if he can check it out. The driver asked why, officer said because it kinda looks like the outline of a gun! Turns out it was a fold up lawn char in the long bag they come in. The officer let them off with a "Warning", WTF, warn them of what, be careful of fold up chairs? These guys are trolling hard, I saw 5 cars stopped BS'sing at the side of the road and 6 other cars in 20 miles driving to Lowes yesterday!

A lawn chair looks like a gun? Gimme a break...
Some of the cops out there are overstepping their bounds. So far I have not run into any myself, but I know they are out there, same as they always have been.

The last traffic ticket I got, I still had long hair. The LEO who stopped me never had an attitude with me, and was very polite and extremely professional. Not all of them are like he was when i am between hair donations. I once had one try to get permission to search my truck, and I did grant it to him, provided he got a supervisor and a warrant. Both arrived on scene, my truck was searched, and nothing was found. Big surprise there. from what i was told by the senior officer, I was pulled over because some one driving a truck very similar to mine was pushing dope in the area. Mistaken identity, nothing more. i did get an appollogy from the oficer who originally stopped me, and I just hope he will be more civil with the next guy.

Quote:

I request the smae for the same reason. I have that right, I will exercise it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post
Part of this is age related, the car I had before this one had no provision for a front license plate(required in Ohio). I am 49 years old and drive "an old mans car". I got pulled over twice about this, both times the conversation went like this: "Sir do you know where your front license plate is?" "Yes sir it is in the trunk, someone backed into me in a parking lot and broke the bracket and I haven't had a chance to get to a junk yard to replace it" "OK sir please get that fixed as soon as possible, have a nice day."

One of my friends had 2 boys in their late teens and early 20s, the older boy had a s10 that was lowered and had huge rims and all that stuff. They got pulled over and the first thing out of the cops mouth was "where are the drugs". They had none these are kids we wish we had. The kid kept his head and told the cop get a warrant and even with the warrant I will have my dad here before the warrant gets here so there will be no shenanigans. The cop sent them on their way.
Had to deal with the plate thing here as well. I just zip stripped mine to the grill of the truck when the plate holder fell off. i don't know how the law is worded in Ohio, but here in NY, it is worded in a rater confusing manner. As per the law, we are issued 2 plates, one is required on the rear of the vehicle, the other is provided for the front. Not a word about it being required, just that it is provided. Kind of unclear to say the least.

When I was younger, one of my cars was a 1966 Dodge Charger. I got pulled over and harassed often with that car. More than once, a search was demanded, and each time I asked for a warrant, a senior officer, and at least one of my parents. You would think that after the first 5 or 6 times they would have given up, but they didn't stop until i sold the car. Some folks are just d!cks, mainly when they see a kid in a nicer car then they have. that's all i can figure.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.

Old 12-29-2013, 01:46 AM   #100

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

When my father passed away unexpectedly. A state trooper drove 50 miles to personally inform my mother. He was a caring man an did not want to shock her with a phone call. He remained with her until the pastor and family members arrived.