Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Nutnfancy (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/nutnfancy-80658/)

95sniper 01-08-2013 02:47 AM

Nutnfancy

I dont know if I completely agree with everything that this guy says, but I like some of the points this guy is making.

CHLChris 01-08-2013 03:19 AM

His project has hundreds and hundreds of hours of awesome videos. Each one, however, could probably be cut in half. I haven't heard anything I disagree with (except for his love of GLOCKs).

HockaLouis 01-08-2013 03:24 AM

I enjoy and appreciate his "big-kid with his toys" stuff.

95sniper 01-08-2013 03:28 AM

I thought it was great that he points out mexicos strict gun laws and how it has in no way slowed crime.

Merkava_4 01-08-2013 05:52 AM

I've watched a lot of his videos. The only thing I can't understand is how he managed to rise to the rank of Lt. Colonel in the Air Force with that southern California surfer boy accent...

chuckusaret 01-08-2013 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merkava_4 (Post 1084858)
I've watched a lot of his videos. The only thing I can't understand is how he managed to rise to the rank of Lt. Colonel in the Air Force with that southern California surfer boy accent...

A persons accent would have little or no impact on his job knowledge and performance.

bamashooter68 01-08-2013 06:19 AM

Not knocking his knowledge and skills but Im not a fan.

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merkava_4 01-08-2013 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckusaret (Post 1084871)
A persons accent would have little or no impact on his job knowledge and performance.

Everyone in the military is expected to adhere to a certain level of demeanor and professional conduct. I've never seen an officer talk the way he does. I have nothing against the guy personally, I'm just very surprised the guy made it through a 20 year military career talking the way he does.

kbd512 01-08-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merkava_4 (Post 1084917)
Everyone in the military is expected to adhere to a certain level of demeanor and professional conduct. I've never seen an officer talk the way he does. I have nothing against the guy personally, I'm just very surprised the guy made it through a 20 year military career talking the way he does.

I've met officers that make everything he does and says seem quite professional and courteous by way of comparison. I could continue, but that'd just be whining about people I don't have to deal with anymore as a civilian.

I think people like giving him crap because he was a pilot in the Air Force and not a triple-threat Delta Force ninja assassin.

I try to listen to the message and judge the content versus judging the messenger.

He's not making videos to teach regular Joe's how to be SEAL Team 6 commandos, he's demonstrating a lot of running around the mountains and desert with commonly available and inexpensive weapons, accidentally dropping them in the dirt every so often, and then showing how they function (or don't in some cases).

A SEAL Team 6 commando may carry 600 rounds of ammunition, body armor, a radio, night vision, and a 10 pound sexy as all hell HK416. I think that's a little extreme for most of us civilians here.

If there's good information in his videos, I'll listen and think about what he's saying and doing. If not, it's pretty simple, I just don't watch.

HockaLouis 01-08-2013 10:22 AM

Is that what he did? Air Force pilot -- and people here who could have a problem keeping a driver's license are denegrating him!? Oh boy. When they advance out of the cannon-fodder ranks, retire from it, and then accomplish half of what he has with his "project," well, that would add credence to their hate if they also have specific examples vs. their overall feelings which, of course the are entitled to as every living creature is.

Wasn't/isn't he a law-enforcement officer of some kind though, maybe post retirement!?!?