The NRA, Poop Creek and A Missing Paddle
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > The NRA, Poop Creek and A Missing Paddle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2010, 11:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default The NRA, Poop Creek and A Missing Paddle

The NRA, Poop Creek and A Missing Paddle | Liberty Reborn

If the nra backs hairy reed all sorts of kimchee is going to break loose. The lady running against him is one formidable rich opponent and I pray she kicks old hair reeds ass!

Last edited by Kimber45; 08-22-2010 at 11:31 PM. Reason: duhh, spelling?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-23-2010, 12:20 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Well said.

If I didn't have to be an NRA member to belong to my shooting club/range, I'd have quit years ago.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-23-2010, 12:50 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Well said.

If I didn't have to be an NRA member to belong to my shooting club/range, I'd have quit years ago.
Ditto.

Old 08-23-2010, 02:17 AM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

The NRA just chose to support the dem here - Chet Edwards - in his re-election. He is Pelosi's lap dog, and she even singled him out by name when Obama was trying to decide on a running mate (before he picked Biden).

He voted to suspend the house rules that let them ram thru Health Care - and with the twist in rules, some Dems with some possibly of defeat could then not vote for the final bill, and they could still get away with it.

Well, the NRA is backing this guy against a new Republican candidate.

I have posted this issue on a couple of sites now - I will have nothing to do with the NRA after they decided this...

Old 08-23-2010, 04:51 AM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I just advised them not to support Reid, as it will cost them my membership. If you feel strongly WRT this issue, I recommend you do the same.

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 08-23-2010, 04:56 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
I just advised them not to support Reid, as it will cost them my membership. If you feel strongly WRT this issue, I recommend you do the same.
Dude, if you read Neil Knox, you'd know the NRA will not fold under the weight of threats. If you want to see a change in how the NRA functions, it would be better to get elected to the board & make changes from within.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:57 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I didn't renew my membership or my wife's when they expired a few months back after I heard what they were doing with Reid. I let them know and if they change their position I would consider renewing but it will take some convincing.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 08-23-2010, 11:58 AM   #8

Liked 1181 Times on 707 Posts
Likes Given: 373

The NRA lobbies for the benefit of the NRA not for it's members.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 08-23-2010, 04:19 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2195 Times on 1195 Posts
Likes Given: 3347

Harry Reid is a long time friend of gunowners and the 2nd Amendment. Reid voted against the extension of the AWB: 10 of those fine gun loving Republicans voted for it and it passed the US senate.

AFM: i could care less that the pro-gunner is a Baptist preacher or a lesbian Wiccan.

Old 08-24-2010, 05:24 PM   #10

I've had my share of major differences with the NRA over the years, and I can't stand Dirty Harry Reid, but just to keep things in perspective, you have to remember this:
The NRA is a "single issue" group. Many NRA members are conservative in most areas, but the NRA doesn't concern itself with those areas. It doesn't get involved in gay rights, abortion, taxes, etc. It has the single purpose of addressing Second Amendment issues.
When you look at Reid's voting record, he actually stacks up pretty well in this area, therefore he gets the NRA's support. The fact that he totally sucks as a left wing nut case in other areas doesn't affect the NRA's decision to back him based upon his gun rights record.
Overall, I think that Reid does more harm than good, but that's not how the NRA makes its choices. They look at gun votes alone. Maybe that's not the best way to do it, but the NRA doesn't label itself a "conservative" lobbying group, but a Second Amendment lobbying group.
Just my .02 worth.