Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   The NRA, Poop Creek and A Missing Paddle (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/nra-poop-creek-missing-paddle-30760/)

Kimber45 08-22-2010 11:30 PM

The NRA, Poop Creek and A Missing Paddle

The NRA, Poop Creek and A Missing Paddle | Liberty Reborn

If the nra backs hairy reed all sorts of kimchee is going to break loose. The lady running against him is one formidable rich opponent and I pray she kicks old hair reeds ass! :eek:

CA357 08-23-2010 12:20 AM

Well said.

If I didn't have to be an NRA member to belong to my shooting club/range, I'd have quit years ago.

Kimber45 08-23-2010 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 336687)
Well said.

If I didn't have to be an NRA member to belong to my shooting club/range, I'd have quit years ago.

Ditto. :D

shipwreck 08-23-2010 02:17 AM

The NRA just chose to support the dem here - Chet Edwards - in his re-election. He is Pelosi's lap dog, and she even singled him out by name when Obama was trying to decide on a running mate (before he picked Biden).

He voted to suspend the house rules that let them ram thru Health Care - and with the twist in rules, some Dems with some possibly of defeat could then not vote for the final bill, and they could still get away with it.

Well, the NRA is backing this guy against a new Republican candidate.

I have posted this issue on a couple of sites now - I will have nothing to do with the NRA after they decided this...

gorknoids 08-23-2010 04:51 AM

I just advised them not to support Reid, as it will cost them my membership. If you feel strongly WRT this issue, I recommend you do the same.

billdeserthills 08-23-2010 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorknoids (Post 336782)
I just advised them not to support Reid, as it will cost them my membership. If you feel strongly WRT this issue, I recommend you do the same.

Dude, if you read Neil Knox, you'd know the NRA will not fold under the weight of threats. If you want to see a change in how the NRA functions, it would be better to get elected to the board & make changes from within.

spittinfire 08-23-2010 10:57 AM

I didn't renew my membership or my wife's when they expired a few months back after I heard what they were doing with Reid. I let them know and if they change their position I would consider renewing but it will take some convincing.

Yunus 08-23-2010 11:58 AM

The NRA lobbies for the benefit of the NRA not for it's members.

alsaqr 08-23-2010 04:19 PM

Harry Reid is a long time friend of gunowners and the 2nd Amendment. Reid voted against the extension of the AWB: 10 of those fine gun loving Republicans voted for it and it passed the US senate.

AFM: i could care less that the pro-gunner is a Baptist preacher or a lesbian Wiccan.

RossA 08-24-2010 05:24 PM

I've had my share of major differences with the NRA over the years, and I can't stand Dirty Harry Reid, but just to keep things in perspective, you have to remember this:
The NRA is a "single issue" group. Many NRA members are conservative in most areas, but the NRA doesn't concern itself with those areas. It doesn't get involved in gay rights, abortion, taxes, etc. It has the single purpose of addressing Second Amendment issues.
When you look at Reid's voting record, he actually stacks up pretty well in this area, therefore he gets the NRA's support. The fact that he totally sucks as a left wing nut case in other areas doesn't affect the NRA's decision to back him based upon his gun rights record.
Overall, I think that Reid does more harm than good, but that's not how the NRA makes its choices. They look at gun votes alone. Maybe that's not the best way to do it, but the NRA doesn't label itself a "conservative" lobbying group, but a Second Amendment lobbying group.
Just my .02 worth.