NRA poll - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > NRA poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2012, 11:04 PM   #21
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5499 Times on 2871 Posts
Likes Given: 357

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt View Post
With all of this whining I'm reading about the NRA, how about telling us how we would be better without them?

And as far as the bitching about the mail they send, and donations they ask you for. Just tell them you want to be put on their Do Not Promote List. I became a life member in 1976, and if I had kept every piece of mail they sent me in those 36 years with the exception of my magazines, I doubt it would fill a shoe box half full. And how does the NRA know what kind of guns you own in regard as to how they defend your right to own them??

"Simply email us at membership@nrahq.org or dial 800-NRA-3888 and request to be placed on the "Do Not Promote" list."
no one said they should go poof. just some who choose not to buy the nra line think their support is best given by looking to other groups.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-12-2012, 11:20 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2066 Times on 1117 Posts
Likes Given: 3103

Quote:
The AWB is gone.
Tell me in 1,000 words or less what the NRA did to make the AWB expire. It was scheduled to expire after ten years and it did just that.

Now the NRA is endorsing a "lesser of two evils" candidate for president who signed a permanent AWB into law as the governor of MA. What degree of evil is permissable in a presidential candidate?

Yep, Obama is evil. Whether he is more evil than Romney when it comes to our precious Second Amendment rights is open for debate. Obama legalized carry in national parks: Reversing a decision made on the watch of the "Gunowners Champion", gag, barf, Ronald Reagan.

BTW: The NRA is not required to endorse an evil candidate.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:31 PM   #23

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr

Tell me in 1,000 words or less what the NRA did to make the AWB expire. It was scheduled to expire after ten years and it did just that.

Now the NRA is endorsing a "lesser of two evils" candidate for president who signed a permanent AWB into law as the governor of MA. What degree of evil is permissable in a presidential candidate?

Yep, Obama is evil. Whether he is more evil than Romney when it comes to our precious Second Amendment rights is open for debate. Obama legalized carry in national parks: Reversing a decision made on the watch of the "Gunowners Champion", gag, barf, Ronald Reagan.

BTW: The NRA is not required to endorse an evil candidate.
This right there!!! Romney scares the sh** out of me, maybe more so than Obama...

GOA is the only major gun orginization that still endorses based on credintials and not the letter before the name (that I know of).

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

alsaqr Likes This 
Old 07-12-2012, 11:41 PM   #24

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
no one said they should go poof. just some who choose not to buy the nra line think their support is best given by looking to other groups.
There is nothing wrong with belonging to other pro gun groups, in addition to the NRA. The problem with relinquishing support for the NRA in favor of other groups, is that factually it's a total waste of time. No other group maintains the political clout and muscle the NRA does, or ever will.

GOA, and all the rest do not have the political ability to accomplish what the NRA has in the past, or will in the future. Few, if any politicians fear them. Plenty fear the NRA. Conservative politicians want an "A" rating from the NRA. Most could care less what GOA and the rest think of them. I'm not saying the other pro gun groups are useless. They're fine to support. But the reality is they're like listening to Ron Paul. They all sound good but accomplish very little. The NRA has 4 million plus members. Mention the three letters NRA, and everyone, gun enthusiast or no, knows what they stand for. Do the same with GOA and the rest and they'll reply, huh?

Old 07-13-2012, 12:05 AM   #25

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Reference to a deleted post removed by Mod

Is this a provacitive or inflamatory statement?

Answer- yes, it was. Removed. Mod.

Last edited by c3shooter; 07-13-2012 at 03:01 PM.

Old 07-13-2012, 12:11 AM   #26

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt
GOA, and all the rest do not have the political ability to accomplish what the NRA has in the past, or will in the future. Few, if any politicians fear them. Plenty fear the NRA. Conservative politicians want an "A" rating from the NRA. Most could care less what GOA and the rest think of them. I'm not saying the other pro gun groups are useless. They're fine to support. But the reality is they're like listening to Ron Paul. They all sound good but accomplish very little. The NRA has 4 million plus members. Mention the three letters NRA, and everyone, gun enthusiast or no, knows what they stand for. Do the same with GOA and the rest and they'll reply, huh?
If we want to use Ron Paul as an example (intelligent, principled, honorable, you know, the IMPORTANT STUFF) then your right. Much like the way many will tow the republican line many will tow the NRA line...only because its easiest, doesnt involve concious thoughts (nor can it as the two are at complete odds with one another), and allows them to fall into a sheeple mentality without feeling guilty.

The problem with America today? The REAL problem? Its a lack in ability for the people to think on their own!

Moral of the story?

Supporting the NRA (or whatever sock puppet the "R's" GIVE YOU to vote for) is pointless if the only reason your doing it is because its what everyone else is doing or because you have been taught to fall in line. The NRA is not the end all be all of firearms groups, it is just the biggest.

As many here know, bigger is not always better (kind of like our federal government).

Its time people start thinking for themselves and once they do it will be less about the size of the NRA and more about what the NRA does (kinda like the republican party...I love this analogy!).

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

alsaqr Likes This 
Old 07-13-2012, 12:20 AM   #27

Liked 702 Times on 374 Posts
Likes Given: 46

I;m a member and didn't get any email

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 07-13-2012, 12:29 AM   #28
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5926 Times on 2930 Posts
Likes Given: 6285

I dont think we would be better off without the NRA, I just cannot pick one piece of the constitution and say thats what Im gonna support. The whole thing is important and while were trying to protect 2a through the NRA, were losing our Right to this that and the other thing elsewhere yet the 2a still is gonna lose a piece at a time via compromise. Im sticking with no compromises when it comes to all of my rights. If Chuck Schumer says he's working with the NRA, Im saying they cant be very effective cause Chuck is as far left as they come, he just dresses in centrists clothing!

Old 07-13-2012, 12:32 AM   #29
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5499 Times on 2871 Posts
Likes Given: 357

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt View Post
There is nothing wrong with belonging to other pro gun groups, in addition to the NRA. The problem with relinquishing support for the NRA in favor of other groups, is that factually it's a total waste of time. No other group maintains the political clout and muscle the NRA does, or ever will.

well i can say from personal experience, we the people had to fight not only a certain republican faction, the nra, and most democrats in our state house and senate to get a solid concealed carry law passed.

the nra used their clout here to get a registration list of ccw holders available to any who asked, they wanted to include extremely stringent training requirments, repeal open carry to be ccw permit holders only and many other things the people here had to struggle annd fight to get a very very strong ccw law passed.

the primary force that prevented constitutional carry in conjunction with licensed carry in wisconsin was... the nra.

are we better off with the nra?? in some fights yes, but not when they are fighting against us. wisconsin concealed carry inc. did more for us and had a larger effect than the nra did and actually got the politicians to vote against the nra backed version of ccw and got the nation's possibly most generous ccw law passed.

im not against the nra but i choose not support them until they support the second ammendment in the strongest sense. i think that smaller groups can have and do have an enourmous effect on pro-2A politics and it scares the nra. i just hope it opens their eyes soon. we need to bring the nra out of the hunting blind and into the modern age of ar15's full auto's suppressors, and all the other things that make the leadership squeemish.

for the hardcore nra folks bring up the subject of getting suppressors sbr sbs out of the nfa restrictions and see how far it flies. we NEED those guys to be on board with those topics and not running and hiding from the fight!!

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-13-2012, 12:38 AM   #30

Liked 702 Times on 374 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Even if they are in it for the money.... it's money well spent because if the guns are gone... so ti is the money

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Closed Thread