Is the NRA our friend? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Is the NRA our friend?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 02:18 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 28 Times on 7 Posts

Y'all might find this article interesting. The author, Ed Stone, is also the leader of and a practicing attorney in Atlanta. I know Ed and his credibility is beyond reproach. Note that the NRA has asked the Governor to sign both bills - so at least they can change their tune when needs be...
Old 05-04-2010, 03:06 PM   #22
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Perhaps the NRA can listen to thier supporters,maybe only when threatened with loss of revenue from cancelled memberships and lost donations. IMO, they NEED to remain dutifully focused on upholding 2A rights and getting repealed any laws that infringe upon those rights,period, no back door dealing, no comprimise.NRA, REMEMBER WHAT YOU ARE HERE TO DO!!

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson
Old 05-04-2010, 08:32 PM   #23
Default NGIB is right

Like NGIB, I'm a member of the GCO, and I agree with his characterization of Ed Stone. Very valuable and effective voice!

As for the NRA, I'm suggesting that no one need cancel their membership, but rather use your membership to communicate our distress at their actions. They are on our side though they may not be 100% in agreement. If we don't let them know how we, the "little guy", feels, it is carte blanche to them to continue as they have been and that, I fear, will result in that knock on the door when the government comes for our guns.

The NRA has a bad case of DC-itis. (This is an affliction that strikes people who stay inside the Beltway too long.) It is based on the concept that I too can have some of that power.

These guys need to read the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution again and remind themselves that the power actually resides in the people. Our founding fathers knew this and this is why the 2nd Amendment was included in the Bill of Rights--to insure that tyranny will not win out.

So work with and on the NRA and let's get them more in line with their and our Founding Fathers original concept!
Old 05-14-2010, 12:43 AM   #24
Default NRA and the U.N. Disarmament Scheme

I'm a member of the NRA, the GOA, the SAF and the JPFO. Not so sure how much longer I'll maintain membership with the NRA, for several reasons.

First and foremost is the fact that they are sending the message that this U.N. Disarmament Scheme is nothing to worry about. I have read that mess and I STRONGLY disagree. It's a looming nightmare that's happening right under our noses.

There are many more reasons why I question their integrity, and will refer to to an open letter, written By Aaron Zelman, Founder and Director of
JPFO, to Ted Nugent after his comments that if you are not a member of the NRA, then you are the enemy. (paraphrasing.. Can't remember exactly his words, but that was the jest of the comment)

I found the letter most interesting. You can read the letter by clicking HERE

"The prohibition is general. No clause in the Constitution could by any rule of construction be conceived to give to Congress a power to disarm the people. Such a flagitious attempt could only be made under some general pretense by a state legislature. But if in any blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both." [William Rawle, A View of the Constitution 125-6 (2nd ed. 1829)
Old 05-14-2010, 01:04 AM   #25
Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 5

They called me last night and had a semi-literate young lady try to read her presentation to me. When she was done, she asked me if I would send her some money, and I said "No. You have my dues, use that".
"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."