NRA might support Harry Reid - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > NRA might support Harry Reid

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2010, 11:28 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

The NRA supports itself. I am a life member and tried to get them to refund my life membership dues when they sent me a notification I was to call this telephone number to renew my membership. They wanted me to listen to Mr Wayne who is one of their talking heads and I refused. In my opinion, the NRA is like a Hollow Point that does not expand. It`s magazine certainly has not expanded and it is full of "support the NRA". That means give us more money.

Patret

Old 07-25-2010, 06:29 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

The intelligent thing for the NRA to do here is to back off supporting or endorsing Harry Reid and just remain silent. There is no upside for the NRA to support someone who, I hazard a guess, is detested by the majority of NRA members.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:11 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

[QUOTE=censoredsnell;320313]Sticking with the NRA because they are the "largest" is like voting for Obama because you know he's gonna win. That's really a stupid decision to make. That's like listening to a certain musician not because you like them, but because everybody else does. Pretty damn stupid to me. That kind of mindset is so appalling I'm lost for words. I thought by now people know not to do something because everybody else was doing it. Didn't our parents and everybody else say "if so and so jumped off a bridge would you?" QUOTE]

Nothing personal censor but it would have been better for you to actually read my post before posting.. What I mention is not just because they are the largest gun organization but also because of all of the programs they support and sponsor for all of us gun owners.

I personally have nothing against the GOA and I'm actually a member of that organization. My point was simply for folks not to go off the deep end because of the Reed endorsment.

I'm not sure if we've got any political science majors lurking in this forum but trying to figure out all the nuances of politics (to me) is like trying to nail down which religion is the right one. Even the politicians don't know all the angles to play.

Bottom line is that we ( gun owners ) have to put our faith in someone who's going to represent our best interests be it NRA, GOA, or whatever. Remember, the bigger you are, the better you are prepared to fight the fight.

Old 08-09-2010, 03:01 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom-1911 View Post
I am a life member. And if the NRA does back him I will cancel and tell them to take me off the rolls.
There are other organizations that I can support that do what they say. NRA backing Reid is short of treason to the function and purpose of the NRA.
If they do this there will be one member that will never go back.
People quit worrying Reid isn't going to get re elected

Old 08-17-2010, 12:39 AM   #25

Liked 780 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 499

The NRA describes itself as a one issue organization, that issue is the Second Amendment...period. They do not look at nor care about a politicians position on Obamacare, immigration, abortion or anything else that would be of special interest to conservatives who just happen to be the majority of their membership. This makes them especially vulnerable to pizzing off a great number of supporters when they support or endorse a disliked and despicable character like Dingy Harry.

What is Reid's voting record on 2A issues, is it favorable? If so that's why they endorse him. Is he reliable, no he's a hack Democrat liberal but sometimes the devil that you know is better than the one you don't.
"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Last edited by Jpyle; 08-17-2010 at 01:33 AM.

Old 08-17-2010, 03:50 AM   #26

Default Dirty Harry

If Angle wins and a few more Republicans are victorious and control the Senate the NRA will have some splainin to do for backing Dirty Harry. This of course, would effectively nueter Durbin and Schumer making them pretty much irrelevant. If the election goes to the gun banners this fall and they continue on their ultimate goal of total control by completely trashing the constitution and eliminating the 2A....SO WHAT! Who controls this country, the people or the government? I hope it is not high noon at the OK Corral but what as a people are we to do when faced with tryanny?....cower and give up or forfeit our arms? Have faith in each other and not in the NRA(current member), Democrats or Republicans. A pi$$ed Off armed populace has nothing to fear from these red diaper doper babies currently in control. Gun Confiscation on a national scale........HA!

Old 08-17-2010, 03:57 AM   #27
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 419 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by 556plinker View Post
If Angle wins and a few more Republicans are victorious and control the Senate the NRA will have some splainin to do for backing Dirty Harry. This of course, would effectively nueter Durbin and Schumer making them pretty much irrelevant. If the election goes to the gun banners this fall and they continue on their ultimate goal of total control by completely trashing the constitution and eliminating the 2A....SO WHAT! Who controls this country, the people or the government? I hope it is not high noon at the OK Corral but what as a people are we to do when faced with tryanny?....cower and give up or forfeit our arms? Have faith in each other and not in the NRA(current member), Democrats or Republicans. A pi$$ed Off armed populace has nothing to fear from these red diaper doper babies currently in control. Gun Confiscation on a national scale........HA!
I would not envy the person being tasked with that duty...

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm a mechanic. I fix things. This is why I will never be able to hold public office.

Old 08-19-2010, 03:14 AM   #28

As an NRA Patron member, all i can say to fellow members is to speak your peace to our leadership, be involved in your local NRA and do not remain silent.
The leadership all that way to the top needs to hear from the heart, and sole of the NRA, and that heart and sole is you.
Reid is a political whore playing from both the top, and the bottom of the deck.
Thomas Jefferson: "The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes....Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Thomas Jefferson's "Commonplace Book,"

Old 08-19-2010, 04:43 PM   #29

Reid is a jerk! Hope he loses.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:04 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil-v1 View Post
Reid is a jerk! Hope he loses.
That's another way of putting it!
Thomas Jefferson: "The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes....Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Thomas Jefferson's "Commonplace Book,"