NRA might support Harry Reid - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > NRA might support Harry Reid

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2010, 10:05 AM   #11
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by belercous View Post
Leave the NRA? And the NRA's voice in Congress will be replaced by who? I'd have to say this would not be a real good move as then the NRA has fewer people behind them, and no alternative organization has the clout of the NRA. And the NRA will have even less clout.
Anyone ever shot themself in the foot? Or cut off your nose to spite your face? Here's the chance, we'll show the NRA (which is us). Infighting will only strengthen the opposition, and I guess we're all for that, huh? We divide, they conquer. O.K. guys, form a circle. We'll have a Polish firing squad. But the NRA will learn a lesson.
It's not about teaching the NRA a lesson. It's about supporting an organization that does not compromise on 2A issues. If you don't want to leave the NRA, then don't. That doesn't mean you can't also join and support other groups like the GOA, and it doesn't mean you can't write the NRA a letter telling them why you're supporting the GOA.

Old 07-21-2010, 05:37 PM   #12

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I belong to GOA and NRA. If the NRA does decide to support Reid, guaranteed; NRA will get a letter from me!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:30 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Funny coincidence! Guess who just called the office for a donation, yup the NRA. I told them i would have to wait to see who they helped in the next election first.

Really odd coincidence!

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:41 PM   #14

I've heard NRA doing this. Their support of "pro-gun" democrats in Ohio has me a little ticked at them, considering every one of their democrat endorsed candidates have supported everything the president has shoved down our throats...cap & trade, healthcare, etc. I couldn't imagine them standing up for our gun rights if the president decides to try & take them.

As a result, I've let my membership expire to the NRA....just can't stand behind them anymore.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:27 PM   #15

Liked 248 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 163

I sent an email to the NRA in regard to their article in the June Rifleman issue. It's too long to post here but I expressed my disdain for thier support of him and that we DON'T need tax dollars to build shooting ranges.

They replied within the hour and basically told me that Reid had a B+ rating with them and that the money being spent on the range, even though 61 million was procured by Reid, wasn't costing the tax payers a dime. They also stated that they were a single "issue" organization.

In my mind they sold themselves out to Reid so that he'd get good publicity for the upcoming November elections and they'd get a multi- million $ range to be able to point to as if they had single handedly built it. It's the same old politics as we've so become accustomed to. Sickening is what it is.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:24 PM   #16
Resident JackHole
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 305 Times on 170 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Can anyone remember the last time you voted for a politician you believed in instead of against the one you believed in less?

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm a mechanic. I fix things. This is why I will never be able to hold public office.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:51 PM   #17

I find it very sad that the NRA has become so short-sighted in their view of politicians by only looking at the surface. Not trying to be incendiary here, but I know of no democrats who will stand up for gun owners when their party says to do the opposite. The NRA is selling itself, and our future, short by supporting these weak candidates.

Years ago, I can remember the NRA only endorsing A to A- candidates... if the candidate ranked anything else, they wouldn't endorse him or her. So, now they're endorsing B- guys? And Harry Reid to boot? I've seen nothing from Harry Reid that would convince me he's a supporter of our rights...he just hasn't acted out against us yet. Come on, a B- is one step better than a C...and when I was a kid, I still got grounded if I brought home a C.

I agree....GOA is going to be the way to go.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:09 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

In my first email to the NRA in response to the rumored endorsement of Harry Reid, the NRA sent me an email telling me that they were a one issue organization (2nd ammendment) and had not yet made any endorsements. Their logic seemed to be that if Harry Reid was pro-2A, then all else was OK. That is pure BS!

I replied that I was NOT a one-issue voter or citizen, and if the NRA endorsed Reid for any reason then I would immediately cancel my membrship.

I just read the article about political endorsements in the latest issue of the Rifleman magazine, and it seemed to me to be a prelude to their endorsement of Reid. I am about ready to fire the NRA now.

The Demoncrats (and Dirty Harry in particular) are doing more damage to the constitution and this country at large than any other organization in the history of this country. Reid can stroke the gun owning segment of voters by appearing to be pro-gun, while at the same time undermining the constitution of this country and cleverly eliminating the constitutional basis for firearms ownership.

If the NRA endorses Reid, I am firing them!

TXnorton

Old 07-24-2010, 04:43 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

When I became a life member of the NRA so many years ago, it was because they were the largest organization that represented my rights as a gun owner. They offer so much to so many. You tell me one organization that has more clout and stands firmer on gun rights and offers more programs to shooters than the NRA and I will join them as well.

I've read so many short sighted comments in this thread and one who's comments look at the bigger picture. There is not one organization in the world that will always make the right choices or make choices that will make all of the membership happy 100% of the time. The fact that the NRA enjoys the membership of over 4.3 million gun owners says a lot for them and the leasdership of the organization that "WE" voted in.

Before everyone goes about burning their bra's or jock straps in protest, I suggest you all sit back, take a deep breath and think of why the NRA is truely doing what they might be doing. Look at the bigger picture here..

There is an old saying: "Keep your friends close but your enemies closer"

Thank about it..

NRA Life Member, Georgia Gun Owners
www.RCGunworksllc.com

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Politicians ignore the others"

Old 07-24-2010, 10:20 PM   #20

Liked 248 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldMan View Post
When I became a life member of the NRA so many years ago, it was because they were the largest organization that represented my rights as a gun owner. They offer so much to so many. You tell me one organization that has more clout and stands firmer on gun rights and offers more programs to shooters than the NRA and I will join them as well.

I've read so many short sighted comments in this thread and one who's comments look at the bigger picture. There is not one organization in the world that will always make the right choices or make choices that will make all of the membership happy 100% of the time. The fact that the NRA enjoys the membership of over 4.3 million gun owners says a lot for them and the leasdership of the organization that "WE" voted in.

Before everyone goes about burning their bra's or jock straps in protest, I suggest you all sit back, take a deep breath and think of why the NRA is truely doing what they might be doing. Look at the bigger picture here..

There is an old saying: "Keep your friends close but your enemies closer"

Thank about it..
Your comments are well recieved with me. I have been one that is very disappointed with the way the NRA has handled the Reid thing. Almost every day since writing my letter to the NRA concerning their treatment of Reid I have weighed the facts in my mind. Recending my life membership is not something I take lightly or will do in regard to this alone.

I do believe that since Wayne LaPierre made the comments he did about Clinton needing a certain level of violence to further his agenda the Democrats, as well as the nation, have seen the clout the NRA carries. By the way, hats off to Wayne for saying what he did!! I also think the Democrats are wise enough to see that they need to take power away from the NRA. I think they could do this by further helping in some ways, when it's convienent, and form some alliances with them. We are displeased as members, as well as we should be. The leaders in the NRA see it as a way to procur things for the group as a whole and the dems see it as a way to appease the opposition. What bothers me even more than anything is wondering how far the NRA will go with our enemies. I for one hope that they see that there could be harm done to the organization by rubbing elbows with Liberals of any party. In the end liberals are all about taking freedom and my friends Harry Reid is as liberal as it gets.