Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > NRA might support Harry Reid

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2010, 12:30 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default NRA might support Harry Reid

For those that are interested, there's rumors that the NRA might support Harry Reid for re-election in 2010.

I'm disgusted by this. He is no friend to the second amendment!

For those that are interested and want to follow this...also, there is contact info for the NRA at the bottom of the article to voice your opinion to them

NRA - Harry Reid

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-11-2010, 10:48 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

A buddy at work sent out an email on this a few days ago. He had even phoned the NRA who told him that no decision on this had yet been taken. I fired off an email to the NRA advising them that I would immediately cancel my membership in the NRA if they in any way endorsed Harry Reid.

I shall wait and see. I am also a member of the GOA and the Texas State Rifle Association, so I have plenty of other places to send my political contributions!

TXnorton

Old 07-11-2010, 10:51 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

If they back Harry Ried I will sever all ties with them and never associate myself with any event that they endorse.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 07-11-2010, 01:58 PM   #4

Somewhere on this site a video has been posted of Wayne Lapierre slobbering all over Reid at a rifle range in Nevada. In my last issue of American Rifleman it had an article about the event with lots of pictures of Reid. As of yesterday I have called the NRA and told them I would not be renewing my membership, e-mailed them and am not supporting them with round up money when ordering from Midway in the future.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:21 PM   #5

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

they are backing him because he got a bigazz range complex built in nv.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:45 PM   #6

Well, there was a rebuttal posted this morning and they're saying some of what you are.

Worth the read to figure out what the NRA might be thinking
NRA - Harry Reid: NRA Rebuttal

Quote:
Originally Posted by belercous View Post
Any ideas why the NRA would back Harry Reid?
How about political reality? Let's just say the NRA supports Angle. (Angle's nomination is Reid's early Xmas present. He was a shoo-in to lose until Angle got the nomination.) And then Angle wins.
Now, it is not likely that the GOP will win back the Senate in 2010. Next in line to be the Senate Majority Leader is....Dick Durbin, the senior Senator from Illinois.
Dick Durbin's seat is secure, and he's not up for reelection until 2014. He's been reelected 6 times. Research the voting record of Durbin and then Reid.
The NRA can be pragmatic (Reid is not an enemy of gun owners, he's just not as much of a friend as we'd like), or the NRA can stand on principle and we'd risk losing ground. Wanna gamble when we're likely to lose? And if the NRA backs Angle and Reid wins, do you really think he's gonna forget who opposed him? Especially when he's not up again for 6 years.
And now you know the rest of the story. (Loved and miss you Mr. Harvey)

Old 07-19-2010, 08:48 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5302 Times on 2768 Posts
Likes Given: 334

Quote:
Originally Posted by belercous View Post
Any ideas why the NRA would back Harry Reid?
How about political reality? Let's just say the NRA supports Angle. (Angle's nomination is Reid's early Xmas present. He was a shoo-in to lose until Angle got the nomination.) And then Angle wins.
Now, it is not likely that the GOP will win back the Senate in 2010. Next in line to be the Senate Majority Leader is....Dick Durbin, the senior Senator from Illinois.
Dick Durbin's seat is secure, and he's not up for reelection until 2014. He's been reelected 6 times. Research the voting record of Durbin and then Reid.
The NRA can be pragmatic (Reid is not an enemy of gun owners, he's just not as much of a friend as we'd like), or the NRA can stand on principle and we'd risk losing ground. Wanna gamble when we're likely to lose? And if the NRA backs Angle and Reid wins, do you really think he's gonna forget who opposed him? Especially when he's not up again for 6 years.
And now you know the rest of the story. (Loved and miss you Mr. Harvey)
you lie down with a skunk you aint gonn smell like a rose. reid is not a supporter of gun rights. he just talks. he will sell out the gun owners faster than obama can socialize healthcare. it is time the NRA got a little TEA party. if it comes to a vote on gun rights vs gun bans dont think for a second reid will vote against obama. the nra is a pork machine the will sell out in a heartbeat.

Last edited by JonM; 07-19-2010 at 08:50 PM.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:53 PM   #8

I agree! I think Reid will vote anti-gun as soon as his seat is secure in November. The only reason why he may be doing this is to try and get backed from organizations like NRA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
you lie down with a skunk you aint gonn smell like a rose. reid is not a supporter of gun rights. he just talks. he will sell out the gun owners faster than obama can socialize healthcare. it is time the NRA got a little TEA party. if it comes to a vote on gun rights vs gun bans dont think for a second reid will vote against obama. the nra is a pork machine the will sell out in a heartbeat.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:54 PM   #9

this is real proof dumbing down of america worked so many of us turned idiots.

Old 07-21-2010, 12:14 AM   #10

I am a life member. And if the NRA does back him I will cancel and tell them to take me off the rolls.
There are other organizations that I can support that do what they say. NRA backing Reid is short of treason to the function and purpose of the NRA.
If they do this there will be one member that will never go back.