NRA to meet with White House - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > NRA to meet with White House

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 02:26 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 61 Times on 32 Posts

Love the NRA hate the NRA. At least they are doing something. Are you going to meet the pres to express our views, and if so, what clout do you carry? At least someone is collectively trying. My opinion, blast away.

Old 01-09-2013, 03:05 AM   #32

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesmar View Post
Love the NRA hate the NRA. At least they are doing something. Are you going to meet the pres to express our views, and if so, what clout do you carry? At least someone is collectively trying. My opinion, blast away.
Damn straight support those that support us or deal with the loss of our guns an shut the hell up. Every damn one of us need to back them as well.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:35 AM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post

Damn straight support those that support us or deal with the loss of our guns an shut the hell up. Every damn one of us need to back them as well.
I have heard bad things and good things about the nra lately. I almost didn't become a member but I decided that I should because they are trying to back our rights and I will support them until they dont.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:27 AM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1672 Times on 1147 Posts
Likes Given: 589

What frustrates me about the gun control argument is it is a local issue, not a national issue. In most of the US gun control is not wanted or needed. No where in the south or most of the west is gun control wanted. Gun control is an issue in the Northeast and the Midwest. The rest of the country should not see the same regulations as areas that have suffered urban/moral decay.

Obama has formed his opinions from his life experiences. He has spent his life in areas influenced by organized crime and over run with gang/drug violence. If he had spent his life in areas were guns mean fellowship and good times he would have a different viewpoint. What he fails to see is the measures he is proposing might be a solution to problems in Illinois. In NC his proposals would destroy our traditions and way of life.

Anyone who takes a long hard look at gun violence statistics can see that semi automatic rifles are not the issue. Every proposed regulation is just an emotional, knee jerk, pile of manure. Anti gun people are trying to prevent something from happening that has the same chance of happening to any individual as winning the lottery and being struck by lightning at the same time. The media has made a mountain of a mole hill.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 01-09-2013, 09:33 AM   #35

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Only fools fight in a burning house. I just renewed my membership to the NRA & GOA.

NEVER FORGET

Old 01-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #36

Liked 61 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sniper

I have heard bad things and good things about the nra lately. I almost didn't become a member but I decided that I should because they are trying to back our rights and I will support them until they dont.
I joined NRA. I continue to be a member. I appreciate having a voice at all among the liberal mindset, fear, and panic, is all they seem to know.

I also joined a regional group here in Oregon that does a tremendous job.

In this climate, scoff at me if you want, I send what I can when I can to pro 2a organizations . As I see it, we need all the voices we can get.

Anyone who owns a fire arm, who is sitting back, saying this will blow over, is in my opinion, somewhat delusional. There will always be a storm coming from those who wish to disarm us.

Write your officials, call them, email them. Join the NRA. Join regional groups as well. If you don't protect your own rights by doing something as simple as this, you may well loose them in our current political climate.

My three cents at this point, say what you will, my opinions.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:57 AM   #37

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
What frustrates me about the gun control argument is it is a local issue, not a national issue...
Wishful thinking!? Of course The Left disarming law-abiding American citizens, and arming thugs, is part of their (inter)national agenda. To paraphrase and update something for them from a renaissance war...

America(ns) must be brought down though bound by chains to heaven!

Last edited by HockaLouis; 01-09-2013 at 10:03 AM.
nitestalker Likes This 
Old 01-09-2013, 10:24 AM   #38
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6175 Times on 3059 Posts
Likes Given: 6554

Its funny that you see so many headlines that read "_________ meets with the White House" or "The White House speaks out against ________". Like the White house is a living, breathing, communicative Human Being or something. Adds a new twist to the old phrase,"If this old house could talk, the things it would say!".

Really, it just illuminates the Frightening Monarchical status The Position of POTUS has reached in our Nation. What was once only one of the equal branches of our Government is now risen to the level of Supreme Ruler of The USA! In England, they Refer to "it" as "The Crown" or "The Throne" or the second (not the Ruler) in command is Number 10 Downing Street!

Now I know why we hear so much about "guns" shooting people, if houses can Converse, I guess Guns can shoot people!

Lets call a Spade a Spade, All these folks have been "invited" to a command performance by Bimbo the Clown (Joe Biteme) with the possibility of a back slapping Photo Opportunity culminating in a Progressive Orgasm on the rights of all of us that can read and understand the BOR's at the same time they neuter us. They will get their moment in the sun but only if they play nice and rubber-stamp BHO's vision of a safer America and keep there mouths shut!

Old 01-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #39

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm
The left has a pathological NEED to seem "fair" and "reasonable". They MUST be fair to all parties involved. That is how they justify the crap they pull, how they sleep at night. Like a psychopath that can justify his murders. He must justify it in his own mind, his very sick mind.

I am seeing more and more that Glenn Beck is right. Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Well that's the only thing that would explain it.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #40

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

As posted this is a National issue. Becareful with the regional issue only propaganda. The Left is picking on when type of firearm for now. They are claiming the South and West are the only ones who favor relaxed gun laws?
We know better . Our gun owner friends in Blue states need our help as well. The Presidents from the South have been the most antigun. We took a beating from LBJ, Carter and Clinton. These were all popular Govs. in their states.