NRA: gun control in England and Australia. Listen up, America! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > NRA: gun control in England and Australia. Listen up, America!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 11:54 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuk View Post

Can't resist that pic of 'bullet-proof Johnny' one more time.

I can only imagine that a lot of people at the demonstration would have liked to have ensured that he needed it!

Old 07-10-2010, 12:12 PM   #12

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusLach View Post
I can only imagine that a lot of people at the demonstration would have liked to have ensured that he needed it!
Ha yeah But shhh!!! we're not supposed to admit that, as proto-homicidal maniacs, are we lol

That stunt was a blatant political manipulation, of the sort Howard was a master at - wear a massive, outrageously ill-fitting bullet-proof vest in order to illustrate how much of a danger those farmers, hunters & sportsmen were to society...angled & backlit for ultimate effect. Bingo! Ready made scare-tactics perfect for tabloid exploitation

And you might have noticed, that whenever there was is story about the buy-back/'96 laws...the networks are bound to use that inflammatory lil photo...just to keep it fresh in the public's imagination.

Propaganda masterstroke.

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Last edited by zhuk; 07-10-2010 at 12:18 PM.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:51 AM   #13

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I just watched the vid and it sound and looks just like what is haapening here in germany.

In GB the thing was, that in 1996 a school shooting happend in Dunblane.
After that an grpupf of parents whose children had been killed decided to fight the gun owners and fought untill they won the fight.

Now, one of the founders of that group, Dr. North, is one of the chairmen of a group called IANSA, that started the fight against all arms in private hands.
Up into the United Nations.

Here a link to a sheet of rules on gun ownership in different countries:
http://www.iansa.org/documents/HandgunLawsIANSA2008.pdf

But don`t believe the stats too much.

This Dr. North has travelled to germany a few times after the school shooting in Winnenden last eyear in march and instructed the group of parents, that are fighting us here in germany since then.

I mean I can understand, that the relatives of the children and teachers killed are not really amused about gun ownership, but that does not give them the right, to go in and call me a potential murderer, just because I own nguns for sporting reasons.
This group here in germany was invited to the UN Small Arms conference last month. So they are a serious adversary for us, since it was on behalf of their political contacts and lobby work, that the german gun law had been hardend once again last year.

Now in Stuttgart, the capitol of the county the school shooting had happend last year (Baden Würtemberg), they are trying to bring in a gun tax. They are talking about 100 Euro per gun owned per year.
That allone would mean the end of legal gun ownership here in germany, simply because it would get to expensive for us. Luckily I don`t live in Stuttgart and not even in that county, but if they get through with that, other towns and couties will surly follow.
Legal gun ownership would be shortend drasticly in a short time, without having to ban firearms at all.
Pretty sick, if you think about it.

We finally getting around to build a fire arm lobby group, that has political influence in the highest ranges and will be heard by them. But this takes lots of time to set up.
And we don`t have any constitutional law or right that guarentees us a right to own fire arms.
Believe me, when I say, it is no real fun anymore here in germany, even in Europe, to own guns, because the government is listening to the wrong poeple with the wrong reasons at hand and before we know it, we will be the next to hand in our arms.

The main problem though is, that there is now real international group, that will stadn up for the rights of gun owners all over the world.
Every country, maybe, has it`s own little group.

The only way, to stand up against groups like the INASA and the UN and the EU government, is if all gun owners world wide come together and fight the war against the gun anti`s on an international battle field.
After all, no matter if American, Germany, Brittish, Australien, Austrien, Swiss, French, Sweedish, Danish or any other country, we are all brothers in arms on this war we are fighting, and we should fight this together, to give the gun anti`s the gun owner lobby, they are always talking about.