Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > NRA endorses N.Dak Congressman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 10:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Arrow NRA endorses N.Dak Congressman

The NRA has made a couple mistakes with their support (or non-support) of several pieces of legislation and got in the frying pan for it. And all we get are their form letters in response to our irritation. ND Congressman Earl Pomeroy, a lap dog for everything Obuma, was endorsed by the NRA over a very conservative Rick Berg, a very close battle in the polls right now. Pomeroy has always been a very moderate congressman (has to, he got elected in conservative ND), until 19 months ago. NRA members in this state can't believe it. Pomeroy would stab the NRA in the back as soon as Obuma threw up some anti-gun legislation and they must realize that given the past 19 months.

My wife, my son and myself all belong to the NRA but may have to look around at who else they are endorsing. Berg should be, probably will be, elected next month, yet the NRA is allowing Pomeroy to put their name in his tv advertising. Someone told me they support Rick Berg too, but I have not seen anything about it. And besides, how can you support both. Seems wrong. PS not sure if a post like this is allowed on this forum. Give me hell later if it is not.
IRRITATED IN NORTH DAKOTA

Protect your home and family, it only takes an ounce or two (or 230 GR)

Last edited by rangeshooter; 10-11-2010 at 10:46 PM. Reason: not sure if politics like my post are allowed

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-11-2010, 10:49 PM   #2

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

NRA supporting DEMS are NRA supporters because they know they can vote NO for any anti-gun legislation and when it passes anyway they can tell their constituents that they stood up for their 2A rights.

It's a game for politicians, they think we are stupid!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:04 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Before launching a rant against the NRA because they endorsed a Democratic candidate, you may want to research said candidate's actual voting record.

Below, is the voting record, in support of gun owners and 2A rights, that this candidate exercised...thus why the NRA endorsed him :

Earl Pomeroy (D)

Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act -- Cosponsored and voted for the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act that prevents attempts to bankrupt the American gun industry through bogus lawsuits

District of Columbia Personal Protection Act -- Cosponsored and voted for the Second Amendment Enforcement Act and District of Columbia Personal Protection Act that would repeal the D.C. gun ban/registration statute and restore the right of self-defense to law-abiding residents of our nation's capital

Heller Case -- Signed the pro-gun congressional "friend of the court" brief in the 2008 Heller case supporting the Second Amendment as an individual right and striking down the gun ban in our nation's capital

McDonald Case -- Signed the pro-gun congressional "friend of the court" brief in the McDonald case supporting the position that the Second Amendment guarantees a fundamental right that protects all Americans

Holder Letter -- Signed the letter to Attorney General Eric Holder with 64 other House Democrats expressing opposition to the reenactment of the failed 1994 Clinton ban on semi-automatic firearms and ammunition magazines

BATFE Reform -- Cosponsored and voted for legislation to force much-needed reform of the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE)

Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act -- Voted for the Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act that prohibits gun confiscation during states of emergency as happened after Hurricane Katrina

Protecting Gun Owners in Bankruptcy Act -- Voted for the Protecting Gun Owners in Bankruptcy Act, which would ensure that a person who filed for bankruptcy would not lose their firearms, thereby maintaining the fundamental right to self-defense

Right-to-Carry in Parks -- Voted last year for allowing carry license or permit holders to carry and transport firearms for self-defense in national parks and wildlife refuges

Hunting Heritage -- Voted to protect hunting, fishing, trapping and recreational shooting on public land managed by the Bureau of Land Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangeshooter View Post
Pomeroy would stab the NRA in the back as soon as Obuma threw up some anti-gun legislation and they must realize that given the past 19 months.

From examining this political figure's actual voting record, it does not seem he "stabbed the NRA in the back" at every opportunity to vote anti-2A.

Does the Republican candidate have an actual 2A voting record that trumps Earl? In comparing two condidates, one with an actual voting record and the other without one, or only questionaire answers (even if favorable answers), the NRA has said it leans to the candidate with an actual voting record of 2A support

If you are angered at the Democrat because he voted for ObamaCare, or some other Liberal causes...I could understand that. But you will have to look to other organizations to champion those issues.

Regards,

Swampbilly

Last edited by Swampbilly; 10-12-2010 at 01:09 AM.

Old 10-12-2010, 03:22 AM   #4

Default The past is exactly that, the past

Our ND conservative candidate for the House has said exactly what I said, that whenever the Dem house and senate would start their push on big-time gun & ammo control bills, Pomeroy will be right there with them. Now that will have to wait because of the election, but if the 15 to 20 million illegal aliens get citizenship, game over for the taxpayers because the tax taker party will control everything once again.

No one in this state dreamed any of our three representatives in D.C. would vote for the Healthcare overhaul, even if there wasn't a half-trillion dollar cut in Medicare, as only 28% of North Dakotans were in favor of the healthcare bill and a large per cent of those are people with no incentive to make it on their own---the cradle to grave, live off the government group. Yet, they voted for the bill. Now the 3 amigos will pay. Dorgan was smart to retire as he saw the writing on the wall, Pomeroy will be ousted next month and then Conrad in 2012.

Hundreds of congressman are now seeing the errors of their way. Good God, locking doors during "liberals only" negotiations. Posting guards outside the doors. Zero access for the media. Voting for a bill that you knew nothing of what was in it. And now they want to talk about bipartisanship. That's precious.

Also, I did not say "he stabbed the NRA in the back at every opportunity", I said he WILL stab the NRA at every opportunity that the White House presents, but he's not going to get that chance after the election. But as I said, if we ever get those illegal aliens citizenship, game over, country gone, 3rd world here we come.

Remember, I'm not talking about a, "no guns allowed in America" bill, but a gradual move in that direction that would turn into the snowball heading down a hill.

Protect your home and family, it only takes an ounce or two (or 230 GR)

Last edited by rangeshooter; 10-12-2010 at 03:27 AM. Reason: spelling error

Old 10-12-2010, 03:33 AM   #5

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

This is exactly why I will never vote for a candidate solely upon their pro-gun voting record. There are too many other things they would vote in favor of that will ultimately ruin this country and make our rights under the 2A null and void.

Vote Wisely!

People get the government they deserve.