Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   nra credit card opinions. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/nra-credit-card-opinions-64475/)

mountainman13 05-14-2012 10:09 PM

nra credit card opinions.
 
I'm considering applying for an nra credit card. I currently have no credit cards. I'm thinking it would be good to have for those emergency purchases (like my AR) and that if I'm gonna pay Apr it may as well help protect the second amendment.
So I've seen mixed reviews. What's your opinions/experiences?

mountainman13 05-15-2012 01:53 PM

Nobody has one? Lol

canebrake 05-15-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13 (Post 801375)
I'm considering applying for an nra credit card. I currently have no credit cards. I'm thinking it would be good to have for those emergency purchases (like my AR) and that if I'm gonna pay Apr it may as well help protect the second amendment.
So I've seen mixed reviews. What's your opinions/experiences?

The APR will not go to the NRA, it goes to the bank. NRA only sells the right to use their name/logo on the card. :o

mountainman13 05-15-2012 02:13 PM

Ah very good input. Ty
All the reviews I read stated it helped support the nra. I just assumed.
So basically it just helps by advertising?

gregs887 05-15-2012 03:08 PM

If you are looking to build credit, get a rewards card and use it solely on gasoline. Pay the bill completely every month and on time. I think Discover has a card they are giving 5% back on all purchases (including gas).

mountainman13 05-15-2012 03:12 PM

It's not so much to build credit as it is my club gun shop now takes cards. Dangerous

mountainman13 05-15-2012 03:41 PM

Got denied. F@*k em. Lol

Jim1611 05-15-2012 06:08 PM

Get a debit card and stay away from all credit!

2ndAmendmentFreedom 05-15-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim1611 (Post 802646)
Get a debit card and stay away from all credit!

It's all about self control. I use my credit card exclusively for points and miles. I don't buy more than what I can pay back. It just takes a bit more planning, you don't have to go over the limit just because you can.

gregs887 05-15-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2ndAmendmentFreedom (Post 802659)
It's all about self control. I use my credit card exclusively for points and miles. I don't buy more than what I can pay back. It just takes a bit more planning, you don't have to go over the limit just because you can.

This, I average 2 free round trip flights a year solely on gasoline. Stick to your monthly budget, pay your bills on time, and don't carry a balance.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:05 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.