Nra - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Nra

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 02:49 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 53 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
I, too, hate getting these solicitations for more money when I do not have it to donate. This goes for all of the unnecessary decals, hats (especially the ones made in China) etc., that I do not use.

You can have them put you on the "do not promote" list. This is from the NRA website.
Excellent solution! Now everyone don't cancel your membership.

Old 12-22-2012, 02:51 AM   #42

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

We are waiting for Larry Pratt and the Pro Gun GOA to come forward. We the members of the NRA are being blamed for the murders in Conn. The NRA has come forth with a national news conference. We are taking a beating from a few Labor Union gun owners and the National Media. I am sure GOA will also face the Media and call for a News Conference to help defend us in this battle. Please give us a date when the GOA will face the Dragon?

Old 12-22-2012, 03:07 AM   #43

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

They won me over with the press conference today, they are the only ones to offer a real viable plan of action to help protect our kids, they are starting to win over what compared to some folks I may be considered a "liberal".

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

KG7IL Likes This 
Old 12-22-2012, 03:23 AM   #44

Liked 4514 Times on 2248 Posts
Likes Given: 1016

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
We are waiting for Larry Pratt and the Pro Gun GOA to come forward. We the members of the NRA are being blamed for the murders in Conn. The NRA has come forth with a national news conference. We are taking a beating from a few Labor Union gun owners and the National Media. I am sure GOA will also face the Media and call for a News Conference to help defend us in this battle. Please give us a date when the GOA will face the Dragon?
Larry Pratt and the GOA came forward right after the shooting. They went on the news while the NRA was still being silent.
Whatever, different strategies by different organizations.
To quote Franklin (I believe).,

'We must hang together, or we will hang separately.'

Lawyers: Defending The Constitution and the citizen, since 1776.

Old 12-22-2012, 03:23 AM   #45

Liked 67 Times on 46 Posts

What's the GOA?

Old 12-22-2012, 03:30 AM   #46
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8810 Times on 5094 Posts
Likes Given: 11483

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertb6112 View Post
What's the GOA?
Gun Owners of America.

Old 12-22-2012, 03:30 AM   #47

Liked 400 Times on 261 Posts
Likes Given: 1424

Sometimes I think maybe it would behoove us to donate more of our money instead of sinking huge sums of cash into overpriced Ammo trying to build a stash for "just in case its banned"..

I think maybe if we all keep poing that the "just in case" becomes a near certainty and we will sit on our stash proudly but cut off from resupply.

If all gun owners had taken the money they spent on Guns and Ammo overbidding each other in the last week and sent it to the NRA and similiar organizations we would be in a much better situation.

Wouldnt it be better to aggressively finance a counter lobby and then not have to sit on an ever shrinking expensive stash of Ammo?

Old 12-22-2012, 03:32 AM   #48

Liked 125 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertb6112 View Post
What's the GOA?
http://gunowners.org/
Gun Owners of America is a REAL Pro-2nd Amendment group dedicated to not only fighting for our firearms Rights but also in overturning illegal laws that infringe upon them. Hopefully I'll have the money to join next week and I'd encourage everyone else to skip joining the NRA and join GOA instead.
This is the War Room!"

Old 12-22-2012, 03:34 AM   #49
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8810 Times on 5094 Posts
Likes Given: 11483

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNFrank View Post
http://gunowners.org/
Gun Owners of America is a REAL Pro-2nd Amendment group dedicated to not only fighting for our firearms Rights but also in overturning illegal laws that infringe upon them. Hopefully I'll have the money to join next week and I'd encourage everyone else to skip joining the NRA and join GOA instead.
Or both. If you can afford it.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:37 AM   #50

Liked 2567 Times on 1669 Posts

How many times does my grandmother need to be put on the list, especially when the donations came from my deceased grandpa, not her? Multiple phone calls, many many mailings in his name, after being on the list multiple times. That is inconsiderate, rude, and literally broke my grandmas heart to say multiple times "he is dead, and I'm not interested in donating." As stated before, they are on my "last chance" list, which I stated to them in writing.

Feral cat waterboarder