You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Nra

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11274 Times on 5978 Posts
Likes Given: 10948

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I have not been a member due to perceived wishy-washiness, but i joined just now for two years. Some support for our right to an armed defense is better than nothing.
I used the office mailing address; the receptionist can deal with the solicitations.

Gello I hear this a lot.

But ask yourself, is it "wishy-washy" to choose not to fight a battle you can't win??? Why not conserve your resources and use them to win the battles you can?

The professionals at NRA Hq pretty well know what legislation they can influence, and what they can't.

A good general throws his strength against his enemies weaknesses, he doesn't throw his weaknesses at the enemies strength.
History fails to record a single precedent in which nations subject to moral decay have not passed into political and economic decline. There has been either a spiritual awakening to overcome the moral lapse, or a progressive deterioration leading to ultimate national disaster.
Douglas MacArthur

If you think a strong military is expensive, think about what a weak one would cost

Old 12-21-2012, 09:50 PM   #32

Liked 5756 Times on 3368 Posts
Likes Given: 4889

I hear you, but i guess i am more of the philosophy that says it is better to die a free man (or at least still somewhat free) than to live as a slave. It's OK, i am fairly disposable with no true dependants and only limited responsibilities to others.

It's also true that winning a war of attrition requires the loss of many small assets; whether this will be a war of attrition really remains to be seen.

Regardless, i hope they put that $60 to good use, and i will continue to support their efforts as I am able.

Old 12-21-2012, 10:02 PM   #33

Liked 45 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I too have been thinking about letting my NRA membership lapse and join GOA and try to find something local to support. Then again I may keep the NRA membership and join the others too, just not convinced about that yet.

Old 12-21-2012, 10:03 PM   #34

Liked 5756 Times on 3368 Posts
Likes Given: 4889

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cshooter View Post
I too have been thinking about letting my NRA membership lapse and join GOA and try to find something local to support. Then again I may keep the NRA membership and join the others too, just not convinced about that yet.
My thought was basically "a bicycle may not be a car, but it beats walking".
Old 12-22-2012, 01:02 AM   #35

Liked 471 Times on 300 Posts
Likes Given: 1720

I just donated $100 to the NRA.
People Like This 
Old 12-22-2012, 01:13 AM   #36

Liked 65 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluez View Post
I just donated $100 to the NRA.
I'm glad to see something good from this thread!
People Like This 
Old 12-22-2012, 01:29 AM   #37

Liked 53 Times on 35 Posts

If you are thinking about dropping your membership to the NRA then you don't really care about your right according to the 2nd Amendment. Unless you are just moving your money to another pro-2nd Amendment organization, or you flat out just can't afford it. Then that is okay.
Think about what you are considering if you don't give to organizations like these. There would be no one else to politically fight for us. Now I may not agree with every single action that the NRA does but I am dang sure willing to take a few annoying letters and emails from them as long as they continue putting pressure on politicians and trying to guide our laws so we aren't crippled of our rights. I am already a life member but I believe I am going to give a generous contribution to them as well. Especially during this time of need. I hope everyone else does the same!
shadecorp Likes This 
Old 12-22-2012, 01:30 AM   #38

Liked 5047 Times on 2513 Posts
Likes Given: 1284

LMAO. All I hear is 'I'm going to fight if they try to take my guns'
'Im going to live in the woods like a mountain man forever'
'Im gonna risk spending 10 years in jail by not registering my guns'
... Blah blah blah...

Then,

'Man, this whole fighting for our freedoms is rough! I get way too much mail from the NRA... They ask for money a lot... I'm not going to support them.'
People Like This 
Old 12-22-2012, 01:34 AM   #39

Liked 53 Times on 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin
LMAO. All I hear is 'I'm going to fight if they try to take my guns'
'Im going to live in the woods like a mountain man forever'
'Im gonna risk spending 10 years in jail by not registering my guns'
... Blah blah blah...

Then,

'Man, this whole fighting for our freedoms is rough! I get way too much mail from the NRA... They ask for money a lot... I'm not going to support them.'
EXACTLY!!! Doesn't it piss you off too! Can't stand that crap, all talk and no walk.
People Like This 
Old 12-22-2012, 01:42 AM   #40
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9095 Times on 5278 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

I, too, hate getting these solicitations for more money when I do not have it to donate. This goes for all of the unnecessary decals, hats (especially the ones made in China) etc., that I do not use.

You can have them put you on the "do not promote" list. This is from the NRA website.

Quote:
Q: How can I reduce the amount of mail I receive from the NRA?

A: Simply email us at membership@nrahq.org or dial 800-NRA-3888 and request to be placed on the "Do Not Promote" list. This will significantly reduce the amount of mail you receive without affecting important mailings, magazine service, or your membership renewal.
shadecorp Likes This