Nra
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Nra

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 03:12 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 65 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Nra

Any changes in peoples view of the NRA? I have been hearing some are not going to renew membership. Then I see the article listed on the web. My membership is up the end of January and was wondering if I should pay for another 3 years or put that money to use for ammo? ;-)

http://www.newsmax.com/US/gary-hart-gun-control/2012/12/19/id/468448

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ كفري

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-20-2012, 03:14 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Check this thread out:

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/nra-seeing-huge-surge-membership-78930/#post1058767

Old 12-20-2012, 03:15 AM   #3

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhc View Post
Any changes in peoples view of the NRA? I have been hearing some are not going to renew membership. Then I see the article listed on the web. My membership is up the end of January and was wondering if I should pay for another 3 years or put that money to use for ammo? ;-)

Well if you fail to support groups like the NRA what are you going to do with that ammo...throw it at the bad guys?

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

People Like This 
Old 12-20-2012, 03:19 AM   #4
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:

but of course renew it! in three years time, if everyone felt like you, there may not be any ammo or new firearms to buy. we can never relent in our struggle for defending the 2nd admendment.

if i could afford it i would join as life member! i let my membership lapse many, many years ago. i renewed mine again, just about three years ago. i don't ever plan on letting it lapse again. i will renew at least yearly if nothing else.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:34 AM   #5
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1576 Times on 963 Posts
Likes Given: 8113

I have been a life member since 1987. This year for christmas, my dad and I split the cost of a 3 year membership for my wife, and my daughter. Renew your membership. Atleast then you will have better representaition on firearms matters.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

People Like This 
Old 12-20-2012, 08:54 AM   #6

Liked 2491 Times on 1422 Posts
Likes Given: 1940

Quote:

NO! They piss the money away mailing to current members

begging for more money.

They don't deserve it. If they had tried, they could have helped us

win the election. Instead they intentionally screwed the pooch.

They've gotten my last dime.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:22 AM   #7

Liked 97 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf

NO! They piss the money away mailing to current members

begging for more money.

They don't deserve it. If they had tried, they could have helped us

win the election. Instead they intentionally screwed the pooch.

They've gotten my last dime.
Easy now..
Old 12-20-2012, 09:53 AM   #8
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6134 Times on 3038 Posts
Likes Given: 6513

I was a member for many years but stopped re-enlisting when it felt like they were too entrenched in Washington and not supportive of the membership or the 2A. Republicans have compromised too much and the NRA has been less than effective at encouraging them to get right!

I'm reconsidering due to the full frontal assault that is being staged across America in the wake of a whackjob pedophile with a stolen pistol.

Old 12-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #9

Liked 3858 Times on 1863 Posts
Likes Given: 701

Go it the 2 pronged approach. GOA and NRA

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

People Like This 
Old 12-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #10
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6134 Times on 3038 Posts
Likes Given: 6513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Go it the 2 pronged approach. GOA and NRA
I will strongly consider that. I wish all these places would offer a low cost statutory membership that excluded the robo-calls, mass mailings, hats and stickers. If its the numbers we need (and it is), an economy like this doesnt allow many folks the choice of a membership or a couple days of food for their family.

Think about the real unrepresented masses that have been the greatest proponents to the 2a; Redneck backwoods hunters, trappers and others that dont have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out! Most of them actually depend on that right to survive. Many dont have cable TV, the internet or even a local paper (and couldnt afford it if they did) but they have mouths to feed and while the cost we pay for representation may be trivial to us, its food to their children. What if you had the choice between an NRA Membership or a box of Shotgun Shells and dinner for a week from hunting but not both?