Nra! - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Nra!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 09:41 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
We must hang together, or we will certainly hang separately.
I understand that this is the point of the argument in support of the NRA.

As I stated,maybe some things have changed,and some have stayed the same,but were all still bickering among each other about whats going on with the NRA and Harry Reid.Were divided by this.

I agree that we need to stand together-but I also think the NRA needs to be called out for stuff like this,and that if were all going to stand together,it simply cant be under an organization that would endorse someone like Reid.

We need to all see eye to eye on one thing-the Constitution as the Supreme Law.
Laws that violate it deserve our disdain.
Politicians who violate it dont deserve our support.

If we can do that,then all the petty differences between NRA and JPFO or GOA will cease to exist.

If we all stood on that principle despite any other differences,we'd be much more formidable as a whole.
"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Old 06-05-2010, 03:02 AM   #42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
As it stands right now, the Federal elected officials DO fear US. Why else would they try to infringe on the 2nd Amendment? Their fear for us is still small compared to the fear the NRA puts in them. The NRA wields power that is more imminent. The fear of losing their jobs because of the lack of support from the NRA.

The NRA is US. They are the 800 lb gorilla that we hold over Congress. The 800 lb gorilla is not always completely under our control, but generally speaking, does our bidding. They may not be perfect, they just ARE. They may not do EXACTLY what you or I want everytime on every issue, but they have done a better than average job thus far (IMHO). Just like the Democratic process, if you are not completely satisfied with the NRA, VOTE! You have to be a member to vote. Join, vote and let your voice be heard. Or join a similar group, vote and have them speak for you. Let's face it. Congress does not listen to the individual voter anymore. You can send letters and e-mails til your finger cramp up and they do not care one iota about your (or my) opinion. Collectively, they care.

We must hang together, or we will certainly hang separately.
+1 Robo, well said.

TACK

Newest Threads