Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Nra!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2010, 05:04 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOF View Post
Whatever his stand regarding guns Harry needs to go.
+1
And everyone like em

Old 05-21-2010, 12:37 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1945 Times on 1044 Posts
Likes Given: 2893

Yep, it is fashionable to bash the NRA and Harry Reid. If there was no NRA you could not legally own an air rifle in the USA. Harry Reid voted against the original "assault weapons ban". In 2004 Harry Reid voted against the extension of the AWB. 10 of those lovely gun loving Republican senators voted in favor of the extension of the AWB and it passed the US senate. The US house did not take up extension of the AWB.

My Second Amendment rights are the most precious of my rights and I keep abreast of threats to those rights. Things like abortion, flag burning and gays are feel good stuff designed to divide the country. It does not matter to me which part of the political spectrum the pro gunner comes from: I could care less if the pro-gun candidate is a fire breathing Baptist preacher or a lesbian Wiccan who has had two abortions.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A22618-2004Mar2.html

Quote:
Ten Republicans broke party ranks: Lincoln Chafee of Rhode Island, Susan Collins of Maine, Mike DeWine of Ohio, Peter Fitzgerald of Illinois, Judd Gregg of New Hampshire, Richard Lugar of Indiana, Gordon Smith of Oregon, Olympia Snowe of Maine, George Voinovich of Ohio and John Warner of Virginia.

Six Democrats voted against extending the ban: Max Baucus of Montana, Russ Feingold of Wisconsin, Mary Landrieu of Louisiana, Zell Miller of Georgia, Ben Nelson of Nebraska and Harry Reid of Nevada.

Last edited by alsaqr; 05-21-2010 at 12:41 PM.

Old 05-21-2010, 06:26 PM   #13

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

The difference between lawmakers who are truly pro-Constitution and the ones who are trying to make out like bandits with your votes by pretending to be so are whether or not they support a federal government that operates as the limited government body the Constitution is set up to establish.

The Constitution does not allow for the federal government to 'infringe' on 'the right of the people to keep and bear arms'.

They shouldn't even be up there debating the matter.

There are way too many fair weather representatives and not enough of them willing to stand up for the truth-'gun control' is illegal.

These politicians have no concern as to the limits placed on them by the law,and are ALWAYS trying to consolidate more power for the federal government despite the law.

These politicians come from both sides of the aisle.This isnt about D vs. R.

The NRA is making a big mistake in trusting any one of them.

Harry Reid is typical of incumbent career politicians-he doesn't understand the Constitution,believes he and the Congress has authority to pretty much write and enforce any law they wish because they believe the Constitution grants them 'broad powers',and while managing to manipulate the plain meaning of words to allow for agendas,they grow our national debt by expanding and creating new entitlement programs,establishing expensive federal police powers the Constitution does not grant,send our money to foreign nations in the form of 'aid'-and do a host of other expensive things Congress is not legally entitled to do under Constitutional law; and if they are ever confronted by folks concerned with the scope of government and whether or not the Supreme Law is being obeyed- they either give some bull$%^t answer as to the actual power vested in the Congress by the Constitution-
Or call people concerned with the seemingly endless power usurped and excersized on them something like 'astroturf homegrown terrorists'.

And then they send us the bill.

NRA,on the other hand,compromises too much with politicians like this and with the hoplophobes.
There is no compromise with gun control fanatics.
They are advocating violating the Constitution and your individual liberties for the sake of their own personal beliefs.
The 'gun control' ideology effectively seeks to undermine one of the core principles set forth by the Founding Generation that the government shall not enjoy a monopoly on the use of force-but that citizens will have the ability to defend themselves from tyranny with privately held weapons - if it ever comes to that.
It is the ultimate check on government power-vested in We The People by the Constitution.

The hoplophobes' agenda of destroying that sacred principle is dangerous and unConstitutional.

There is NO COMPROMISE with them or their ideology.

And given NRAs historical record of compromising with these mental defectives that think they know whats best for you at the cost of your inalienable rights-

Is is any wonder why people are jumping ship and joining the more aggressive pro-Second Amendment lobbies?

NRAWOL - A critical view of the NRA's compromises

NRA does not speak for me.
NRA does not speak for the Second Amendment.
They speak for the established forms of 'gun control' without arguing for repeal.
They are comfortable with the current status quo.DESPITE the Constitution.

Thats why they like Harry Reid.

Another thing-didn't Reid just recently vote to make it a 'taxable offense' to refuse to buy government-approved Health Insurance?

Correct me if I'm wrong-but I believe he was INSTRUMENTAL in this new treason.

Harry Reid doesn't care about your inalienable rights,the Constitution,or your right to be left alone by overbearing government.
He only cares about consolidating more power for Harry Reid.

And the NRA has yet again shown its true colors with its endorsment of Senator Harry Reid.

NRA-get your s%^t together.

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Last edited by KalashnikovJosh; 05-21-2010 at 06:35 PM.

Old 05-23-2010, 01:04 PM   #14

Default NRA-Are they on our side?

Recently here in Georgia, the NRA lobbied against an expansion of armed citizens' permitted areas to carry, in favor of their favored legislation. The result was that bill being significantly weakened (fortunately both did pass and now await signature by the governor).

And now, this thing with Reid. Reid, although he has done some things in support of firearms, he is part of the triumvirate of Obama, Pelosi, and Reid. They administration has stated that they support the UN's approach to gun control (flying in the face of the Constitution). That would mean absolutely no guns in private hands. Reid cannot be trusted. And I am beginning to belief neither can the NRA. They apparently have fallen prey to the DC syndrome (a obsession with power).

On the other hand, they are mostly on our side so I my opinion we should totally disregard them, but rather build up other voices in addition to the NRA; and pressure the NRA to "straighten up and fly right"

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason

Old 05-23-2010, 01:47 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
That would mean absolutely no guns in private hands.
Unadulterated bull$hit.

Old 05-23-2010, 03:46 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashnikovJosh View Post
The 'gun control' ideology effectively seeks to undermine one of the core principles set forth by the Founding Generation that the government shall not enjoy a monopoly on the use of force-but that citizens will have the ability to defend themselves from tyranny with privately held weapons - if it ever comes to that.
It is the ultimate check on government power-vested in We The People by the Constitution.
KalashnikovJosh,
Your post above #13 is well put and truthful.
I quoted the above it also being truthful and precise, but because tyranny is slowing creeping in. How else for the politicians to sway the NRA and other pro gun organizations, but to be in bed with them. Turn them to their way of thinking. The NRA isn't the same NRA that I knew 30 years ago. NRA is beginning to bargain with the wrong politicians. Very risky for us.

Old 05-23-2010, 04:46 PM   #17

Default YEAH, lets get rid of the NRA, GREAT IDEA then we could

end up like Canada, Australia and England....worked great for them didn't it!

I don't like Harry either BUT punishing the NRA will not ensure he is not reelected, that requires getting off you azz and into the voting booth.

Rants on blogs don't register in the voting booth. Grow up and stop sounding like some MI militia wacko!

Old 05-23-2010, 08:11 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
I don't like Harry either BUT punishing the NRA will not ensure he is not reelected, that requires getting off you azz and into the voting booth.
Bingo!!!!

Many of the same people who whine about the NRA and make excuses about not joining the NRA make excuses for not voting. I know quite a few of them.

Quote:
Rants on blogs don't register in the voting booth. Grow up and stop sounding like some MI militia wacko!
Exactly. Folks go into total incoherent rants based on the word of some uninformed fool: Without even bothering to check out the veracity of the article, they say: "I got this e-mail and they are going to take our guns."

Old 05-23-2010, 10:57 PM   #19

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
Bingo!!!!

Many of the same people who whine about the NRA and make excuses about not joining the NRA make excuses for not voting. I know quite a few of them.

Exactly. Folks go into total incoherent rants based on the word of some uninformed fool: Without even bothering to check out the veracity of the article, they say: "I got this e-mail and they are going to take our guns."
I vote and am a member of JPFO.

And I tend to look for articles with information that can be verified by fact,rather than just getting some email and going off about it.

I take offense to the part about 'incoherent rants' your using to describe folks who are voicing their concerns which you dont share,which is often times being voiced by me.

I hope the following is coherent and clear enough.

This is nothing personal,but I think a little perspective is in order.

There were 'phases' of the Holocaust.In the beginning,the 'deportations' were the first 'phase'.Some camps existed,and others were being built,while the first camps were used in Hitler's eugenics program to murder the mentally ill,the physically disabled,and other 'defectives'.Rumors of these camps spread like wildfire in the Jewish community,as the Jews were facing demand after demand by the Nazis on their rights.

No one believed the camps were real.

No one wanted to believe the camps were real.

The Jews believed that if they complied with the Nazis,obeyed every new edict-perhaps the Nazis would leave them alone.
Perhaps,if the Jews gave one more right up to the Nazis,the Nazis would not see them as a threat and would let them live in peace.
First,the Jews were stripped of economic rights.Then property rights
-INCLUDING FIREARMS RIGHTS- until,helpless and totally at the mercy of the Nazi state,they were moved into 'ghettos'.

The Jews tried to be 'law abiding'.

And then began the 'final solution'.

This steady 'whittling away' of rights went on with the Jews in denial until they began emptying the ghettos with firing squads,machinegunning women and children and old men en masse,while they shipped those with able bodies to camps like Bergen-Belsen where instead of being marched off to the gas chambers 'to the lovely sounds of classical music',as George Bernard Shaw put it,they were literally worked to death on a diet you wouldnt feed a stray dog.

Some victims of the Holocaust-which weren't only Jews-didn't believe the rumors of death camps until they heard the 'lovely music' as they were mustered out of cattle cars.

But by then it was too late.
Too late to assert themselves legally-because their legal rights were already gone.
Too late to assert themselves economically-because they had already allowed the state to take away their property rights.
It was too late to assert their humanity,because the state had already decided their 'status' as 'untermenshen'.

AND IT WAS TOO LATE to effectively use force to resist-
BECAUSE BY BEING 'LAW ABIDING'-THEY HAD SURRENDERED THEIR ARMS.

All that was left was death at the hands of Hitlers eugenics program.

And let me make it clear that eugenics was far from a Nazi invention.

In fact,President Woodrow Wilson -a self-proclaimed 'progressive'- was a devout believer in eugenics long before Adolph Hitler even knew the term.

Eugenics,as practiced by the Nazis, murdered 6 million of my people.

So you'll just have to forgive my fervency when confronted by the fact that the UN wants a world wide control of some form or another on small arms,and that a self-described 'modern progressive'-namely Hitlery Klintoon is involved,along with an OBVIOUS Marxist President like Hussein Soetoro or whatever his name is,reversing positions on the policy from one of no acceptance of such an 'arms control' approach to one of full co-operation.

Every time the NRA talks about how 'law abiding' people have the right to arms,I wonder just what their up to,because 'law abiding' citizens in Nazi Germany could own guns too-and just like whats going on here,the Nazi government had total control of who owned what via licensing and registration of all arms.
NRA is ok with laws that have 'prohibited persons' lists and demand background checks as a form of permission/licensing and de facto registration of American citizens 'excersizing' their 'rights'.
'Law abiding' or not-the Constitution establishes that the people of the United States have the right to be free of government 'infringement' regarding their inalienable right to keep and bear arms.
So you'll forgive me when I assert that the NRA,when it compromises on 'gun control',is making a deal with the devil-and selling US ALL short.

Tyranny is a slow progression in many instances,and the signs of a very evil tyranny are in fact becoming quite apparent to anyone with eyes to read and ears to hear in America.

Our government no longer obeys the rule of law,it no longer obeys the restrictions placed upon it by the Constitution,and it no longer seeks to properly carry out the duties assigned to it.

Our government,which once recognized and aboded itself within the limits proscribed to it and the inalienable rights of its citizens,now believes it is the creator of 'new rights',it believes it now has the power to dictate rights and to 'regulate' rights as it sees fit.

When 'law abiding' means obeying an out of control government-you can count me a partisan.

So your just going to have to forgive me when I'd rather pay my gun lobby money to a group that wont compromise with those -People like Harry Reid- who are recklessly 'progressing' us 'forward' into an Orwellian Stasi-esque hell the victims of the Holocaust could only imagine.

Go ahead.

Say it can't happen here.

Because for some people-it already has.

Democide,slavery and eugenics are some of the blackest marks on our national history.

So you'll forgive me if I'm none too reserved when I hear even the rumor of more government control being asserted over our inalienable rights.

Please forgive me if I dedicate my time to fervently espousing what I believe to be the solution to all evils perpetrated by ANY government-ADHERENCE TO THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION and the principles of limited government and respect for the individual,inalienable rights of all people!
"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Last edited by KalashnikovJosh; 05-23-2010 at 11:24 PM.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:04 AM   #20

Default So rant AND vote but don't blame the NRA if you do

neither and fail to support the most powerful PRO-GUN lobby in the world.

While JFPO has a nice website, I can't seem to find how many paid members they have
and since most Americans of Jewish heritage voted for Obama....well I doubt they (JFPO) are much of a force on the hill.
Sort of like voting for Perot...which gave us Clinton.

Last edited by brandy; 05-25-2010 at 02:12 AM.