Now it is a toy gun "buyback" - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Now it is a toy gun "buyback"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2013, 09:18 PM   #51
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3282 Times on 2232 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

(raises fist) I remember doing the same thing with a literature book that was getting replaced with an updated version (for all those developments in British Literature in the mid 1980's ). I just used .22LR, no mags.
Funny I did the same thing to an Intro to Psyh. Book when i got off active duty and went back to college! you'd be surprised at the damage 100 22LR's can do to a textbook!

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 06-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #52
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6326 Times on 3157 Posts
Likes Given: 6814

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin92 View Post
Was unaware I couldn't talk about putting holes n paper from 9? years ago lol
I was mostly kidding Austin, was more satire than actual feelings. Anytime someone mentions "Guns" and "School" anything in the same sentence, its likely to offend someone and possibly spawn a new law or 2.

Me and my buddy blew holes in everything you could think of (Except Humans and houses), most of them legal. Im guessing there were a few telephone and power linemen and some sign makers that didnt appreciate our target practice...

I guess I wouldnt put much of anything past the NWO Staci. Hell, just look at the topic of the thread! Toy Gun Buyback, never thought I would see the day! Shooting textbooks isnt a crime yet but you never know....

Old 06-11-2013, 10:14 PM   #53

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Some of us can remember the Cold War years and the Red Scare. Many authors, actors and books and movies were banned. I was just a kid had no idea what Joe Macarthy or a Communist was.

I did however really like shooting archery and anything to do with Robin Hood and his Merry Band. Robin Hood of course was branded a Communist so everything concerning him was pulled from the shelves. Damn Robin Hood lived 600 years before Karl Marx. Old Robin was ahead of his time.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:28 PM   #54
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6326 Times on 3157 Posts
Likes Given: 6814

The revelations just keep coming and were concerned as hell for good reason. The day I have to temper my opinion outside of the workplace because my own government is sniffing around my drawers is a sad day. That day is here, the Scare tactics and intrusion are the Zombies in the room and so many people don't see it as an issue. Really, Toy Gun Buyback Programs?, WTF????? My head hurts from considering the thought processes that lead to something this moronic (No insult intended to real Morons).

They are feeding this BS to the kids all day every day. I gotta say, I wouldnt have traded a toy or real gun for a bike when I was a kid, just work a little harder at the local farm to buy Both (Which I did...)!!!

Old 06-12-2013, 03:49 AM   #55

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38

I was mostly kidding Austin, was more satire than actual feelings. Anytime someone mentions "Guns" and "School" anything in the same sentence, its likely to offend someone and possibly spawn a new law or 2.

Me and my buddy blew holes in everything you could think of (Except Humans and houses), most of them legal. Im guessing there were a few telephone and power linemen and some sign makers that didnt appreciate our target practice...

I guess I wouldnt put much of anything past the NWO Staci. Hell, just look at the topic of the thread! Toy Gun Buyback, never thought I would see the day! Shooting textbooks isnt a crime yet but you never know....
I was teasing too, the stupid things now a days we can't or shouldn't say....

Old 06-12-2013, 12:17 PM   #56
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2014 Times on 1191 Posts
Likes Given: 971

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
The rise in juvenal misuse of firearms is directly related to this type of prohibition. It is natural for the young to be curious about firearms. They should be exposed to proper gun handling. Our modern society has yielded to adult guilt and fears.
This is one of the points I make in my classes. I call it the 'forbidden fruit syndrome'!!! When you tell a human 'thou shalt not', especially a young human, you can count on them doing just the opposite to see why they are told not to. We MUST allow our kids to be kids and give the proper guidance, not indoctrinate them with all this progressive PC BS.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 06-13-2013, 04:40 PM   #57

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

What would I have played with as a child then? I've made it nearly 40 years without any more serious offense than a couple of traffic tickets. My cousins and I "shot" each other all the time. Fortunately, RESPONSIBLE parents made sure we understood the difference between toy guns and the real thing. And for the record, as often as not we were shooting pretend enemies, not each other. Some people have lost their sense. This past December my workplace held a toy drive for underpriveleged children with the stipulation "No toy guns or action figures". What to buy for the little boys...Barbie dolls, make-up, dresses? (I don't believe in "gender appropriate" toys...girls can play with guns and boys can have baby dolls if they choose to.) But this was too much. The sheepification of the children is getting out of hand. The same people who complain so loudly about childhood obesity are the ones who dope up the children and take away all the things that got me outside in the fresh air. Could go on for pages but ya'll get the idea. So mad and scared for our country's future....

Old 06-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #58

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Rocky7, thanks for the youtube link. It presses home the fact that too many born/raised here have become complacent, comfortable, unable to think for themselves. When people come here and can see more clearly, well... I don't know where this gentleman came from, but I bet they probably don't have all the freedoms that most Americans take for granted and will lose if they aren't willing to stand up and say "Enough is enough!"

Old 06-13-2013, 08:07 PM   #59

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunfujoe92 View Post
Rocky7, thanks for the youtube link. It presses home the fact that too many born/raised here have become complacent, comfortable, unable to think for themselves. When people come here and can see more clearly, well... I don't know where this gentleman came from, but I bet they probably don't have all the freedoms that most Americans take for granted and will lose if they aren't willing to stand up and say "Enough is enough!"
I wish we had more like him in Canada. Coincidentally, I was talking to a Japanese immigrant woman this morning. She is glad to be here but also does not understand why losers, sloths, perverts and other bottom feeders are supported by those who work hard and mind their own business. I can't explain it, either.

It blows my mind that people from lesser countries (yeah, I'm going to say lesser countries; they don't have nearly the history of democracy and liberty that we do) can immigrate and, even before they get the hang of English, they have a better grip on the fundamentals of liberty and democracy than the people that were born here.....and are willing to speak up for them.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.