Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Now it is a toy gun "buyback"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 01:26 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 176 Times on 113 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default Now it is a toy gun "buyback"

You cannot make this stuff up. Kids are being encouraged to turn in toy guns to get a bicycle.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/guns/elementary-school-hold-toy-gun-exchange

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-08-2013, 01:33 AM   #2

Liked 4573 Times on 2212 Posts
Likes Given: 1381

God I love libtards... I'd have far fewer laughs without them.

Old 06-08-2013, 02:04 AM   #3

Liked 195 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 35

I always think its funny to think of how these ideas come about. At some point there had to have a conversation that went something like "you know that gun buy back thing? We should that with toys. Yeah that's a good idea." didn't they ever play with toy guns as kids or pretend their hands were fake guns?

Old 06-08-2013, 02:12 AM   #4
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1743 Times on 948 Posts
Likes Given: 547

I never let my kids have toy guns except for squirt guns or dart guns. They had real ones and they never shot themselves or anyone else.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

People Like This 
Old 06-08-2013, 04:39 AM   #5

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

Hell When I was little we didn't have money for toys, I played with anything I could hell I built my first table when I was 9. If we wanted to play guns we either used the tried and true stick gun or we made something close out of wood or piping.

The fact that they're even doing this is pretty darn stupid, Kids playing with guns is nothing new, I'm sure some of the older guys on here could tell a ton of storys of some of the toy guns that were out when they were kids. The kid from the chrismas story had a bb gun and he was what 6 or 7? Granted he shot his eye out but hell it actually shot something. Next thing you know there gonna have a stick buy back program.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 06-08-2013, 05:07 AM   #6

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Where will the future Americans soldiers come from? The poorly educated over weight little Puff Balls who fear weapons. The Chinese are training their children aggressive warfare in public schools.

Old 06-08-2013, 05:37 AM   #7
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20058 Times on 11409 Posts
Likes Given: 50598

a toy gun buy back program? you have got to be kidding me! this is just, well, stupid!

my grandfather use to carve us guns out of wood to play with. he loved to whittle! he even made us holsters out of his old boot leather. along with my brother and some of our cousins, we use to play cowboys and indians in the cornfield.

Old 06-08-2013, 06:13 AM   #8

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The rise in juvenal misuse of firearms is directly related to this type of prohibition. It is natural for the young to be curious about firearms. They should be exposed to proper gun handling. Our modern society has yielded to adult guilt and fears.

Old 06-08-2013, 06:24 AM   #9

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

This is INSANITY!, and a waste if time, money and human resource.. This is almost as useful as Biden making a serious push to tax 'violent' video games(this is happening).. Seems that nearly everything people(nearly everyone) do is driven by financial gain in the end..

I can see both sides of serious attempts to improve the quality of life here in the US, but these types things, along with background checks for ammo etc where ignorant people come up with self serving ideas like these is borderline infuriating because they serve no purpose other then getting hands on money or making a name for theirselves....

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

People Like This 
Old 06-08-2013, 12:07 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6100 Times on 3346 Posts
Likes Given: 11721

If I win, I am going to trade the bicycle for a handgun.