Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Now if Florida followed Georgia's footsteps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2014, 03:04 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1096 Times on 711 Posts
Likes Given: 620

if only that law could be done in everystate! what a great job by georgia!

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 04-24-2014, 03:12 PM   #12

Liked 295 Times on 133 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Here in AZ we have Constitutional Carry. If you are a citizen in good standing, i.e. you can pass the NICS check, then you can carry whatever you want open or concealed with no further permitting being required by the state.

Our Glorious Progressive Leaders and their stooges wailed, gnashed their teeth and rent their clothes over this, yet for some reason crime has dropped and the goblins are scared for their lives. While the good guys go about their business in a lawful and civil manner.

I for one would dearly love to see other states get Constitutional Carry passed. I feel safer knowing that should the chips come down and the goblins run amok, I know that more then likely there is one or more armed citizens ready to help me defend me and mine. Just as I would defend them and theirs.

Criminals are never materially handicapped by such rules; the only effect is to disarm the peaceful citizen and put him fully at the mercy of the lawless. Such rules look very pretty on paper; in practice they are as foolish and footless as the attempt of the mice to bell the cat.

Letter to Alice Dalgliesh, the editor who was censoring his manuscript for Red Planet, regarding gun control registration and control Published in 1949
People Like This 
Old 04-24-2014, 04:11 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2545 Times on 1275 Posts
Likes Given: 243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
people cried there would be chaos and the streets would run red with blood when Texas signed into law the legal carrying of concealed firearms into law.

funny, it never happened. in fact, violent crime actually went down.
They ALWAYS say that whenever some useless gun control law is watered down or done away with. I think it's a rule if you call yourself a democrat. It's right up there with "all those illegals are republicans waiting to happen" & "we'll only stick in part way."
NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman
People Like This 
Old 04-26-2014, 06:33 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1154 Times on 566 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
Why not just have all the states follow Vermont's and Arizona's examples?
Even better!

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

Old 04-26-2014, 09:32 PM   #15
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2632 Times on 1535 Posts
Likes Given: 1167

Florida panhandle is a different world than Miami.

One thing I would like to see is that military bases honor concealed weapons permits issued by the states and allow concealed carry.

The problem (for the most part) is not the people who actually went to the trouble to get the permit. It is mostly those who conceal a weapon illegally.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 04-26-2014, 10:22 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 531 Times on 323 Posts
Likes Given: 207

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post

One thing I would like to see is that military bases honor concealed weapons permits issued by the states and allow concealed carry.

The problem (for the most part) is not the people who actually went to the trouble to get the permit. It is mostly those who conceal a weapon illegally.

I completely agree with you Dan but no, that ain't gonna happen. I recently sat through a brief where the base security officer told us it was for our own safety. Hell, you even so much as have a loose round of ammo or a can of maze in the car and you are going to get charged according to him.

Oh and as far as gun registration goes, the military already has a system. If you have a gun in your car and you have to go on base, you are suppose to tell the gate guard so they can disarm you, run the gun to see if it's stolen, and then put the serial number in their system so next time it is "easier on us".

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 04-27-2014, 01:17 PM   #17

Liked 1081 Times on 699 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Florida's laws aren't far off from the new Georgia laws. The only difference is that in Florida, it is not legal to carry in a bar, although you can carry in a restaurant that has a bar. I am ok with that one. Drink or carry; not both.

Florida still bans guns in schools, but we usually have deputies that are armed at schools. I am ok with that one too. I had some teachers that were NUTS, and I wouldn't want my 6 year old to be in a classroom with one of them that was armed. Then again, I am one that does not believe that everyone has the mental capacity to carry guns......sorry NRA.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 04-28-2014, 04:16 AM   #18

Liked 619 Times on 373 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Florida's laws aren't far off from the new Georgia laws. The only difference is that in Florida, it is not legal to carry in a bar, although you can carry in a restaurant that has a bar. I am ok with that one. Drink or carry; not both.
You left something out. What about when you are the designated driver? I know when I am I'd like to be able to carry. Some of the best bars aren't exactly in the best parts of town. Yes, you can carry in a restaurant, but not in the bar area.

If I can go into a bar/restaurant and have a couple beers and then drive (legally as well as competently) why can't I carry a firearm? I am not advocating carrying while intoxicated, 1 to 2 12oz bottles of beer is nowhere near impaired.

Old 04-28-2014, 04:19 AM   #19

Liked 619 Times on 373 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
Yes it is! If Crist is elected I don't know how much longer that will be true. Right now Miami is the exact reason we need knife preemption laws. How silly it is that many of my EDC knives would catch me a charge regardless of a CWP.