Not wanting to take over the NRA post - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Not wanting to take over the NRA post

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2011, 03:22 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

the NRA is still the big dog in the fight. if you don't like the leadership there is a board election held every year .let the ballot box decide . the catch is you have to be a member to vote, duh. the magazine alone is worth the cost of membership. no one can tell you who to vote for in a general election , what the NRA does is grade the candidates based on their RECORD in regard to the second amendment your decision rest entirely on your shoulders. if you prefer another group by all means give them your FULL support.i would suggest that anyone WHO HAS NOT ALREADY MADE UP THEIR MINDS visit the NRA websites and other group sites and compare their lobbying power, safety programs, shooting range assistance, legal assistance, JUST GO LOOK AND DECIDE FOR YOURSELF. REMEMBER i said anyone whose mind wasn't already made up

the north had us outnumbered and outgunned but we had them outmanned .......................................... join the NRA

Old 07-08-2011, 03:46 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I forgot about the SAF. It's an excellent organization.

Here in California, we have the Calguns Foundation and they do outstanding work.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 07-11-2011, 03:02 AM   #13

Liked 2609 Times on 1483 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
The NAGR is probably as close to a scam as you can get and not go to jail. My suggestion is Gun Owners of America and whatever good Statewide Pro 2A group you can find in your state.

Then check every would be candidate's record for 2A issues. Do your homework before you even vote for Dogcatcher.
That's no joke, I got a letter from NAGR that looked like a lawsuit.
I told them to take me off their list, and added them to my spam filter.

I would also recommend the SAF and GOA.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:36 AM   #14

I would include the NRA in a group I would join.Many clubs have shoots where you have to be a member in order to enter.Some clubs make it mandatory to be a member in order to join. Many shooting clubs are insured by the NRA.