Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Not wanting to take over the NRA post

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 11:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Not wanting to take over the NRA post

what groups would you point people to if not the NRA? I am interested in being a member of something that is worth while, not something that is doing me no good.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-07-2011, 11:57 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

there all kinds man there

gun owner of America

2nd Admem.foundation

and more I just dont know there name

Old 07-07-2011, 11:59 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

The first and "foremost" group would be study the voting records of people running for office in your area.

Once you have a "group", they are solicited to endorse one candidate over another. The list of NRA failure endorsements, when measured against what good, solid, tax paying, self respecting members of a forum like FTF AND the true meaning of 2A, is a god damn joke.

Harry Reid?!?! Okay, really?! Explain that to me...

We, as self thinking, intelligent, hard working, law abiding, responsible gun owners need to individually review candidates in our area, their 2A support/voting record, and decide for ourselves if the deserve our votes!

C'mon folks!

You DO NOT need someone, anyone, telling you who to vote for. Do you?! Really?!

GOA is a good group that as yet has not been overrun by greed and corruption.

But as for my house and I, NO ONE decides whom I deem "fit" to hold office for me. Sorry.

JD

Old 07-08-2011, 12:15 AM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
The first and "foremost" group would be study the voting records of people running for office in your area.

Once you have a "group", they are solicited to endorse one candidate over another. The list of NRA failure endorsements, when measured against what good, solid, tax paying, self respecting members of a forum like FTF AND the true meaning of 2A, is a god damn joke.

Harry Reid?!?! Okay, really?! Explain that to me...

We, as self thinking, intelligent, hard working, law abiding, responsible gun owners need to individually review candidates in our area, their 2A support/voting record, and decide for ourselves if the deserve our votes!

C'mon folks!

You DO NOT need someone, anyone, telling you who to vote for. Do you?! Really?!

GOA is a good group that as yet has not been overrun by greed and corruption.

But as for my house and I, NO ONE decides whom I deem "fit" to hold office for me. Sorry.

JD
I dont want a group for that, just wanna be in a group that supports guns......

Old 07-08-2011, 12:17 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

JD pretty much nailed that one. I support only those who support the 2nd amendment not for greed or personal gain, but support it as our right. For example there's a local sherrif who is corrupt enough to treat the situation of his own deputy killing their wife and severly wounding another deputy as a damn joke, and allowing his daughter, yes his daughter, to ride around in a polic car and determine who got fired and who didn't. Who voted for him? Not me or my family.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 07-08-2011, 12:43 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1159 Times on 647 Posts
Likes Given: 469

I have been receiving e-mails from the National Association For Gun Rights, at first glance they look decent. I have not sent any money or officially joined.

Old 07-08-2011, 01:22 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5302 Times on 2768 Posts
Likes Given: 334

unfortunately gotta be nra to compete at all the ranges in wisconsin cept mcmiller

im hoping mcmiller ramps up their matches drastically this year

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-08-2011, 01:28 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn View Post
I have been receiving e-mails from the National Association For Gun Rights, at first glance they look decent. I have not sent any money or officially joined.
The NAGR is probably as close to a scam as you can get and not go to jail. My suggestion is Gun Owners of America and whatever good Statewide Pro 2A group you can find in your state.

Then check every would be candidate's record for 2A issues. Do your homework before you even vote for Dogcatcher.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 07-08-2011, 01:37 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1159 Times on 647 Posts
Likes Given: 469

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
The NAGR is probably as close to a scam as you can get and not go to jail. My suggestion is Gun Owners of America and whatever good Statewide Pro 2A group you can find in your state.

Then check every would be candidate's record for 2A issues. Do your homework before you even vote for Dogcatcher.
Thanks CA, not surprised. Agree vote for who YOU (the voter) believe to be the best candidate

Old 07-08-2011, 02:04 AM   #10

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

The Second Amendment Foundation has been doing stellar work in the legal battles to affirm gun rights across the country. Alan Gura is working for them. They could use some cash, if you're going to give it to somebody. Larry Pratt at GOA talks a good game, but SAF is spending money and getting results.