Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Not wanting to take over the NRA post

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 11:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia Beach,VA
Posts: 1,078
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Not wanting to take over the NRA post

what groups would you point people to if not the NRA? I am interested in being a member of something that is worth while, not something that is doing me no good.



__________________
cddbrowns is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 07-07-2011, 11:57 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lonewolf101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 528
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

there all kinds man there

gun owner of America

2nd Admem.foundation

and more I just dont know there name



__________________
lonewolf101 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:59 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

The first and "foremost" group would be study the voting records of people running for office in your area.

Once you have a "group", they are solicited to endorse one candidate over another. The list of NRA failure endorsements, when measured against what good, solid, tax paying, self respecting members of a forum like FTF AND the true meaning of 2A, is a god damn joke.

Harry Reid?!?! Okay, really?! Explain that to me...

We, as self thinking, intelligent, hard working, law abiding, responsible gun owners need to individually review candidates in our area, their 2A support/voting record, and decide for ourselves if the deserve our votes!

C'mon folks!

You DO NOT need someone, anyone, telling you who to vote for. Do you?! Really?!

GOA is a good group that as yet has not been overrun by greed and corruption.

But as for my house and I, NO ONE decides whom I deem "fit" to hold office for me. Sorry.

JD

__________________
Dillinger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:15 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia Beach,VA
Posts: 1,078
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
The first and "foremost" group would be study the voting records of people running for office in your area.

Once you have a "group", they are solicited to endorse one candidate over another. The list of NRA failure endorsements, when measured against what good, solid, tax paying, self respecting members of a forum like FTF AND the true meaning of 2A, is a god damn joke.

Harry Reid?!?! Okay, really?! Explain that to me...

We, as self thinking, intelligent, hard working, law abiding, responsible gun owners need to individually review candidates in our area, their 2A support/voting record, and decide for ourselves if the deserve our votes!

C'mon folks!

You DO NOT need someone, anyone, telling you who to vote for. Do you?! Really?!

GOA is a good group that as yet has not been overrun by greed and corruption.

But as for my house and I, NO ONE decides whom I deem "fit" to hold office for me. Sorry.

JD
I dont want a group for that, just wanna be in a group that supports guns......
__________________
cddbrowns is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:17 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Firearms4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Roanoke,Virginia
Posts: 1,757
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

JD pretty much nailed that one. I support only those who support the 2nd amendment not for greed or personal gain, but support it as our right. For example there's a local sherrif who is corrupt enough to treat the situation of his own deputy killing their wife and severly wounding another deputy as a damn joke, and allowing his daughter, yes his daughter, to ride around in a polic car and determine who got fired and who didn't. Who voted for him? Not me or my family.

__________________

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Firearms4ever is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:43 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Gatoragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North GA. Back home in Dixieland.
Posts: 3,386
Liked 1159 Times on 647 Posts
Likes Given: 469

Default

I have been receiving e-mails from the National Association For Gun Rights, at first glance they look decent. I have not sent any money or officially joined.

__________________
Gatoragn is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:22 AM   #7
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rochester WI,Rochester WI
Posts: 17,174
Liked 5302 Times on 2768 Posts
Likes Given: 334

Default

unfortunately gotta be nra to compete at all the ranges in wisconsin cept mcmiller

im hoping mcmiller ramps up their matches drastically this year

__________________

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

JonM is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:28 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
CA357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 19,871
Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn View Post
I have been receiving e-mails from the National Association For Gun Rights, at first glance they look decent. I have not sent any money or officially joined.
The NAGR is probably as close to a scam as you can get and not go to jail. My suggestion is Gun Owners of America and whatever good Statewide Pro 2A group you can find in your state.

Then check every would be candidate's record for 2A issues. Do your homework before you even vote for Dogcatcher.
__________________
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams
CA357 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:37 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Gatoragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North GA. Back home in Dixieland.
Posts: 3,386
Liked 1159 Times on 647 Posts
Likes Given: 469

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
The NAGR is probably as close to a scam as you can get and not go to jail. My suggestion is Gun Owners of America and whatever good Statewide Pro 2A group you can find in your state.

Then check every would be candidate's record for 2A issues. Do your homework before you even vote for Dogcatcher.
Thanks CA, not surprised. Agree vote for who YOU (the voter) believe to be the best candidate
__________________
Gatoragn is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:04 AM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Alaska
Posts: 2,323
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default

The Second Amendment Foundation has been doing stellar work in the legal battles to affirm gun rights across the country. Alan Gura is working for them. They could use some cash, if you're going to give it to somebody. Larry Pratt at GOA talks a good game, but SAF is spending money and getting results.



__________________
freefall is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Wanting to become a gunsmith colmustard Gunsmithing Forum 21 09-20-2011 05:53 AM
Wanting Value on Old S&W JD4200 Revolver Handguns 2 11-22-2010 06:34 PM
wanting my first SIG worknk9s Semi-Auto Handguns 14 08-01-2010 12:28 AM
Wanting to get a mini-14 sjh1022 Mini-14 Forum 11 04-08-2010 03:07 PM