Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Not wanting to take over the NRA post (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/not-wanting-take-over-nra-post-44876/)

cddbrowns 07-08-2011 12:45 AM

Not wanting to take over the NRA post

what groups would you point people to if not the NRA? I am interested in being a member of something that is worth while, not something that is doing me no good.

lonewolf101 07-08-2011 12:57 AM

there all kinds man there

gun owner of America

2nd Admem.foundation

and more I just dont know there name

Dillinger 07-08-2011 12:59 AM

The first and "foremost" group would be study the voting records of people running for office in your area.

Once you have a "group", they are solicited to endorse one candidate over another. The list of NRA failure endorsements, when measured against what good, solid, tax paying, self respecting members of a forum like FTF AND the true meaning of 2A, is a god damn joke.

Harry Reid?!?! :eek: Okay, really?! Explain that to me...

We, as self thinking, intelligent, hard working, law abiding, responsible gun owners need to individually review candidates in our area, their 2A support/voting record, and decide for ourselves if the deserve our votes!

C'mon folks!

You DO NOT need someone, anyone, telling you who to vote for. Do you?! Really?! :confused::(

GOA is a good group that as yet has not been overrun by greed and corruption.

But as for my house and I, NO ONE decides whom I deem "fit" to hold office for me. Sorry.

JD

cddbrowns 07-08-2011 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 536664)
The first and "foremost" group would be study the voting records of people running for office in your area.

Once you have a "group", they are solicited to endorse one candidate over another. The list of NRA failure endorsements, when measured against what good, solid, tax paying, self respecting members of a forum like FTF AND the true meaning of 2A, is a god damn joke.

Harry Reid?!?! :eek: Okay, really?! Explain that to me...

We, as self thinking, intelligent, hard working, law abiding, responsible gun owners need to individually review candidates in our area, their 2A support/voting record, and decide for ourselves if the deserve our votes!

C'mon folks!

You DO NOT need someone, anyone, telling you who to vote for. Do you?! Really?! :confused::(

GOA is a good group that as yet has not been overrun by greed and corruption.

But as for my house and I, NO ONE decides whom I deem "fit" to hold office for me. Sorry.

JD

I dont want a group for that, just wanna be in a group that supports guns......

Firearms4ever 07-08-2011 01:17 AM

JD pretty much nailed that one. I support only those who support the 2nd amendment not for greed or personal gain, but support it as our right. For example there's a local sherrif who is corrupt enough to treat the situation of his own deputy killing their wife and severly wounding another deputy as a damn joke, and allowing his daughter, yes his daughter, to ride around in a polic car and determine who got fired and who didn't. Who voted for him? Not me or my family.

Gatoragn 07-08-2011 01:43 AM

I have been receiving e-mails from the National Association For Gun Rights, at first glance they look decent. I have not sent any money or officially joined.

JonM 07-08-2011 02:22 AM

unfortunately gotta be nra to compete at all the ranges in wisconsin cept mcmiller :(

im hoping mcmiller ramps up their matches drastically this year

CA357 07-08-2011 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatoragn (Post 536700)
I have been receiving e-mails from the National Association For Gun Rights, at first glance they look decent. I have not sent any money or officially joined.

The NAGR is probably as close to a scam as you can get and not go to jail. My suggestion is Gun Owners of America and whatever good Statewide Pro 2A group you can find in your state.

Then check every would be candidate's record for 2A issues. Do your homework before you even vote for Dogcatcher.

Gatoragn 07-08-2011 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 536728)
The NAGR is probably as close to a scam as you can get and not go to jail. My suggestion is Gun Owners of America and whatever good Statewide Pro 2A group you can find in your state.

Then check every would be candidate's record for 2A issues. Do your homework before you even vote for Dogcatcher.

Thanks CA, not surprised. Agree vote for who YOU (the voter) believe to be the best candidate

freefall 07-08-2011 03:04 AM

The Second Amendment Foundation has been doing stellar work in the legal battles to affirm gun rights across the country. Alan Gura is working for them. They could use some cash, if you're going to give it to somebody. Larry Pratt at GOA talks a good game, but SAF is spending money and getting results.