not sure about this guy/gun - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > not sure about this guy/gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 02:38 AM   #11
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1319 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 606

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottedpony View Post
I'd have no issue providing that requested information on a bill of sale, however no way would i provide that prior to face to face, simply under the premise I dont know you or your intent. Add to that, from either side, ID, DL number or any other information can easily be false when given over the phone. Furthermore if prior to or during the face to face, (always in a public place) led me to believe anything was hinky, it'd be a no deal, regardless if i was buying or selling. I'd also make note of a vehicle discription and plate number and any other pertenant information.
The problem with doing any sort of paperwork on scene is that these transactions always seem to have one or both parties trying to get done fast and leave. As to intent, I tell the other person that I like to have this information to check legality, especially in this political climate. Should everything come back okay, I shred the info.

The wonderful thing about our rights as they are currently defined is that no one has to provide anything they don't wish to and I don't have to release my cash for a gun I can't check out. When it feels wrong, for either side, don't do it. I just try to CYA to the best of my ability and not wind up paying for stolen property.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)