Not Paying Social Security & Our beloved Military - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Not Paying Social Security & Our beloved Military

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2011, 04:18 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dunerunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Florence, Oregon
Posts: 8,481
Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Why, Someone explain this to me; does the conservative position always have to compromise to the liberal position. Isn't that what has moved the country to the left the past forty years?

If we can't afford to pay Social Security or the Military, Congress and the "President" shouldn't get paid either. Nor should anyone working for the Federal Government who is a Cabinet appointee. No pay for their staff, no appropriations for operational expenses....Just shut it down.

I say No Tax increases, Cut Government Spending, Dump the Fat from the Federal Pig we feed every year with our hard earned taxes and don't increase the debt ceiling. Pay off the Federal Credit Card then cut it up!!

__________________

People get the government they deserve.

dunerunner is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:23 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia Beach,VA
Posts: 1,078
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner
Why, Someone explain this to me; does the conservative position always have to compromise to the liberal position. Isn't that what has moved the country to the left the past forty years?

If we can't afford to pay Social Security or the Military, Congress and the "President" shouldn't get paid either. Nor should anyone working for the Federal Government who is a Cabinet appointee. No pay for their staff, no appropriations for operational expenses....Just shut it down.

I say No Tax increases, Cut Government Spending, Dump the Fat from the Federal Pig we feed every year with our hard earned taxes and don't increase the debt ceiling. Pay off the Federal Credit Card then cut it up!!
I really couldn't have said that any better. Bravo!
__________________
cddbrowns is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:24 PM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cory2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maryville,Tennessee
Posts: 575
Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

I agree, the answer is not increases in anything, its decreases in spending. What the government is doing by increasing taxes and the debt ceiling is known as "enabling"...

__________________
God created men. John Moses Browning made them equal.

Check out my blog:http://ithinkforme.blogspot.com/
Cory2 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:47 PM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
IGETEVEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tornado \"Just Blow Me\" Alley,Oklahoma U.S.A.
Posts: 8,424
Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
If we can't afford to pay Social Security or the Military, Congress and the "President" shouldn't get paid either. Nor should anyone working for the Federal Government who is a Cabinet appointee. No pay for their staff, no appropriations for operational expenses....Just shut it down.
Dune, you know I love ya man, but that right there is a fairy-tail and that will never happen.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory2 View Post
I agree, the answer is not increases in anything, its decreases in spending. What the government is doing by increasing taxes and the debt ceiling is known as "enabling"...
Indeed. "Enabling" some of us to continue to get paid what we paid into the damn system over the years. Whether it be taxes, Social Security, personal sacrifice or all three.
__________________
Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”
IGETEVEN is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:53 PM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia Beach,VA
Posts: 1,078
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN

Indeed. "Enabling" some of us to continue to get paid what we paid into the damn system over the years. Whether it be taxes, Social Security, personal sacrifice or all three.
This just pisses me off....not at you Jack, at the fact that Blobama is basically doing this. "Do what I want or I will make you suffer." Stalin part duex.

I can completely understand your wanting to give in so you can continue to get paid, but that is exactly what the Obamunist wants, to force us all to side with him as we have no other choices. I have never seen anything like this, maybe because I am much younger, or whatever, but this is insane!
__________________
cddbrowns is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:22 PM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
IGETEVEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tornado \"Just Blow Me\" Alley,Oklahoma U.S.A.
Posts: 8,424
Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cddbrowns View Post
This just pisses me off....not at you Jack, at the fact that Blobama is basically doing this. "Do what I want or I will make you suffer." Stalin part duex.

I can completely understand your wanting to give in so you can continue to get paid, but that is exactly what the Obamunist wants....
Thanks, you can be mad at me if you like...but you are mistaken. I am not giving into Obama to get paid, I am getting pissed at the far right for not coming up with better solutions, other than just saying NO all the damn time, and I am not the only one that feels this way.

Hell, this ain't drugs, but that is a whole new financial Government income opportunity solution right there to be explored, but to damn controversial and job losing for both sides to take on. There are many here that rely on that "Government Welfare" yes, that is what it is, Social Security, SSD, Veterans Disability, and that in many cases is their sole income, but all these same people who side with the right, have they really thought about what the consequences will be when on August 3rd, and for how ever long it lasts, that income does not show up?
__________________
Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”
IGETEVEN is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:25 PM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Phillipsburg, NJ
Posts: 145
Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

Default

The OA is relying upon the public's ignorant of the history of taxation in our economy. Past events have shown if increasing revenues generated is the goal, you reduce tax rates. If increasing control is the goal increase tax rates. Put simply, would you rather have 10% of a $100 or 10% of a thousand ? (If you can't do the math of this in your head in two seconds, vote the democratic ticket; they'll love you ! )

The Dems are peddling the same old mule with yet another coat of paint. Increasing corporate tax rates simply results in higher product/service costs or driving them offshore resulting in a reduction in revenues and jobs. Corporate jets are "money machines", to be sure. That is, they make money. If you, as a stock holder, are paying your CEO and other top execs enormous salaries do you want them to spend weeks in idleness schleping around airports unable to work ? Or do you want them to get to the business ASAP, meanwhile working productively enroute ? Do you want key technicians and critical parts/software, etc sitting around an airport lounge for six or more hours or on the job in less than three ?

I've long been a proponent of a "flat tax", where everyone pays a limited percentage of their income without any exclusions into a tax pool shared among the feds, state and municipalities. Tax percentage rates would be fixed by law only amended by referendum vote. This can be "phased in" along with a program to "sunset" all other taxes, tarriffs, and levies over a period of a decade. Just the savings in corporate accounting costs would be a tremendous stimulus ! Everyone would know their tax obligation and would likewise know exactly how much revenue governments have. Politicians couldn't "work the crowd" for handouts in return for special tax breaks.

Kinda boggles the mind the American public would have control of government's checkbook and government would have a vested interest in increasing economic productivity, doesn't it ? >MW

__________________
Millwright is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:41 PM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia Beach,VA
Posts: 1,078
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN

Thanks, you can be mad at me if you like...but you are mistaken. I am not giving into Obama to get paid, I am getting pissed at the far right for not coming up with better solutions, other than just saying NO all the damn time, and I am not the only one that feels this way.

Hell, this ain't drugs, but that is a whole new financial Government income opportunity solution right there to be explored, but to damn controversial and job losing for both sides to take on. There are many here that rely on that "Government Welfare" yes, that is what it is, Social Security, SSD, Veterans Disability, and that in many cases is their sole income, but all these same people who side with the right, have they really thought about what the consequences will be when on August 3rd, and for how ever long it lasts, that income does not show up?
I would hope that enough people would vote this socialistic pig out of office, and take the rest of his goons with him...and yes, I would take a hit to the pocket as well as the wife is on benefits. Don't get me wrong, both sides of the fence are crap anymore. I go with policy, not party, and the policies that are happening now are complete CRAP!

And I'm not starting crap with ya bro, I'm a big boy myself but I have heard you are as well, not taking my chances.
__________________
cddbrowns is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:25 PM   #29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
knfxda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 692
Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cddbrowns View Post
This just pisses me off....not at you Jack, at the fact that Blobama is basically doing this. "Do what I want or I will make you suffer." Stalin part duex.

I can completely understand your wanting to give in so you can continue to get paid, but that is exactly what the Obamunist wants, to force us all to side with him as we have no other choices. I have never seen anything like this, maybe because I am much younger, or whatever, but this is insane!
When in a Mexican stand-off, it's really ridiculous to complain that the other guy has a gun.

Any inflexibility that exists on the Left, must also exist on the Right for there to be a stand-off.
__________________

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

knfxda is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:35 PM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
knfxda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 692
Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millwright View Post
If you, as a stock holder, are paying your CEO and other top execs enormous salaries do you want them to spend weeks in idleness schleping around airports unable to work ?
PLEASE tell me ^^this^^ is a joke!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Millwright View Post
I've long been a proponent of a "flat tax", where everyone pays a limited percentage of their income without any exclusions into a tax pool shared among the feds, state and municipalities. Tax percentage rates would be fixed by law only amended by referendum vote. This can be "phased in" along with a program to "sunset" all other taxes, tarriffs, and levies over a period of a decade. Just the savings in corporate accounting costs would be a tremendous stimulus ! Everyone would know their tax obligation and would likewise know exactly how much revenue governments have. Politicians couldn't "work the crowd" for handouts in return for special tax breaks.
Now, ^^THIS^^ is something we can agree on.
__________________

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

knfxda is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Social Security..."I deserve it!" CHLChris Politics, Religion and Controversy 65 01-12-2011 10:28 PM
History Lesson on Your Social Security Card canebrake Politics, Religion and Controversy 11 10-08-2010 02:07 AM
Social Security & Elected Officials markerdown Politics, Religion and Controversy 12 08-03-2009 06:19 PM
Today I mourn the passing of a beloved friend matt g The Club House 31 04-21-2009 02:32 AM