Not Paying Social Security & Our beloved Military - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Not Paying Social Security & Our beloved Military

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2011, 04:06 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

It's true that the Republicans never saw a budget increase they didn't like til the Democrats won Congress. But that doesn't mean they're wrong to say NO now. Yes, Bush and the boys did run the deficit up to $1 trillion. They spent in a fashion to give drunken sailors a bad name.
Obama and his crew racked up another $3 trillion in 2 years. Comments defenders? How many of you who say my taxes need to go up work for the federal government?

Old 07-13-2011, 04:13 AM   #12

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
It's true that the Republicans never saw a budget increase they didn't like til the Democrats won Congress. But that doesn't mean they're wrong to say NO now. Yes, Bush and the boys did run the deficit up to $1 trillion. They spent in a fashion to give drunken sailors a bad name.
Obama and his crew racked up another $3 trillion in 2 years. Comments defenders? How many of you who say my taxes need to go up work for the federal government?
Didnt Obama say something like "the blame starts at the top, which is the president" when Bush raised that debit increase in 06? He is a hypocrite and liar.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:03 AM   #13

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

If the country defaults on August 3rd and no Social Security, Military or VA retirement/disability checks go out, does Congress still get paid their salary of over $170,000 a year? You see how this does not financially affect anyone in Congress don't you?

I guarantee, that no matter what party affiliation you belong to, if the Republicans don't come up with a viable solution or compromise, instead of NO all the damn time, they will get the blame for bringing down the economy further and the cause of financial hardship, default and collapse to millions.

If that happens, there sure as hell will be no Republican in the White House after 2012.

Close the tax break loopholes and tax the millionaires and billionaires, the oil companies, and the hedge fund companies that made all their huge profits off the backs of the working population and the tax payers. I don't believe for one damn second that if you increase their taxes, they will stop hiring people and providing jobs, that's bullsh!t! How the hell are they gonna continue making more money from us, if they cut back their workforce?

And if we have anyone who is a member of this forum, that this would personally affect because they are a god damn millionaire, then I need a low interest loan!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Last edited by IGETEVEN; 07-13-2011 at 05:15 AM. Reason: grammer

Old 07-13-2011, 05:16 AM   #14

edit: not even going to since you didn't understand it the first time I doubt you would be able to understand said differently

Last edited by Korey; 07-13-2011 at 06:07 AM.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:46 PM   #15

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey View Post
edit: not even going to since you didn't understand it the first time I doubt you would be able to understand said differently
So you are admitting you are a millionaire?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 07-13-2011, 02:19 PM   #16

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
If the country defaults on August 3rd and no Social Security, Military or VA retirement/disability checks go out, does Congress still get paid their salary of over $170,000 a year? You see how this does not financially affect anyone in Congress don't you?

I guarantee, that no matter what party affiliation you belong to, if the Republicans don't come up with a viable solution or compromise, instead of NO all the damn time, they will get the blame for bringing down the economy further and the cause of financial hardship, default and collapse to millions.

If that happens, there sure as hell will be no Republican in the White House after 2012.

Close the tax break loopholes and tax the millionaires and billionaires, the oil companies, and the hedge fund companies that made all their huge profits off the backs of the working population and the tax payers. I don't believe for one damn second that if you increase their taxes, they will stop hiring people and providing jobs, that's bullsh!t! How the hell are they gonna continue making more money from us, if they cut back their workforce?

And if we have anyone who is a member of this forum, that this would personally affect because they are a god damn millionaire, then I need a low interest loan!
QFT. Increase the taxes, make the deal AND THEN KEEP CUTTING SPENDING. Get into power, and continue shrinking the gvt.

You're going to take a hit, but it will be from your base, not from the middle. You already have your base, they're not going to vote for Obama in '12 over this. But I think you will lose the undecideds should things go pear-shaped.

Stop playing Russian Roulette, chicken, or "whose d!ck is bigger" at the expense of the American economy and middle-class jobs!

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Last edited by knfxda; 07-13-2011 at 04:10 PM. Reason: You're not Your ;)

Old 07-13-2011, 03:00 PM   #17

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by knfxda View Post
QFT. Increase the taxes, make the deal AND THEN KEEP CUTTING SPENDING. Get into power, and continue shrinking the gvt.

Your going to take a hit, but it will be from your base, not from the middle. You already have your base, they're not going to vote for Obama in '12 over this. But I think you will lose the undecideds should things go pear-shaped.

Stop playing Russian Roulette, chicken, or "whose d!ck is bigger" at the expense of the American economy and middle-class jobs!
Do you realize what the administration and the Harry Reid are talking about when they say "millionaires and billionaires"?
The dem plan was first stated to increase taxes on individuals earning over 500k and joint filers over 1m. The president has stated he wants it to be
250k. Not millionaires and billionaires. Many in the over 250k brackets are small business owners who file their business income on personal income tax forms.

Charles Krauthammer did some research on corparate jets and oil subsidies and found that
I did the math. If you collect that tax for the next 5,000 years — that is not a typo — it would equal the new debt Obama racked up last year alone. To put it another way, if we had levied this tax at the time of John the Baptist and collected it every year since — first in shekels, then in dollars — we would have 500 years to go before we could offset half of the debt added by Obama last year alone.

Obama’s other favorite debt-reduction refrain is canceling an oil-company tax break. Well, if you collect that oil tax and the corporate jet tax for the next 50 years — you will not yet have offset Obama’s deficit spending for February 2011. The Elmendorf Rule - The Washington Post

The top three oil companies in the United States are ExxonMobil, ConocoPhillips and Chevron. According to the SEC filings of those companies, as analyzed by Forbes, ExxonMobil’s pretax income in 2010 was $52 billion, from which it paid $21.6 billion in income taxes worldwide, leaving a net income of $30.5 billion. That equals a tax rate of 45 percent, which is 10 percent above the statutory corporate rate of 35 percent.

According to the American Petroleum Institute (API), oil and natural gas companies employ 9.2 million Americans and account for 7.5 percent of GDP. Those companies added about 2 million jobs to the economy between 2204 and 2007. As of 2010, the five largest American oil companies employed a combined 245,390 people.

The API further reported that in 2010, oil and natural gas companies averaged a net profit of 5.7 cents per dollar of income. Also, an average of 49.5 cents of every dollar oil companies made in 2010 went to income taxes.

Top 3 U.S. Oil Companies Paid $42.8 Billion in Income Taxes in 2010 | CNSnews.com

Every penny a corporation pays out in taxes is collected from the consumer, inflating the price on the goods or service. The government has to get over the thinking that every dollar in existance is theirs to take.

Old 07-13-2011, 03:23 PM   #18

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

If I was a millionaire I wouldn't just admit it, I'd gloat.

Old 07-13-2011, 03:48 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
So you are admitting you are a millionaire?
I'll bet we have quite a few millionaires on this forum. Its really not that hard to accumulate a million dollars (US) in assets if you have worked your whole lifetime and had a little luck investing.

Now if you are talking a million $ in income off your investments every year, that would be a very much smaller group.

I also see nothing wrong with taxing the super rich on their total income. We are in such a deep hole today that it might not help much, but I know I would support it. Got to cut the BS spending and Govt. payroll. If you take the politics out of it and put in some common sense, it shouldn't be that hard.

Korey - Back in the day, (1966) the US Army informed us during basic training that as Soldiers one of our jobs would be to "Kill people and break things". The fact that they were paying us to do it made us professionals.

Most of us kinda liked the Professional Killer title. I guess its not too PC today. JMHO's Ken

Old 07-13-2011, 04:09 PM   #20

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireguy View Post
Do you realize what the administration and the Harry Reid are talking about when they say "millionaires and billionaires"? ...
None of what you've posted changes my point. I still stand by it and I'll even conceed to all of your numbers.

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Last edited by knfxda; 07-13-2011 at 04:11 PM.