This is not cop bashing - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > This is not cop bashing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 06:09 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5934 Times on 3356 Posts
Likes Given: 5484

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS92A View Post
I would like to say that under no circumstances will I belittle or disrespect a Good Cop.

But a Dirty or Bad Cop, well that goes without saying, see the link below.

http://news.yahoo.com/florida-police-officer-slams-woman-car-goes-jail-175620064--abc-news-topstories.html

This officer got what he deserved.
Correct.

Everyone has heard of "The Blue Code of silence." Does it exist?? Well......yes and no.

Most "bad" or "dirty" cops get run off fairly quickly by their peers. The "code" doesn't help them at all.

OTOH, when a very liberal politician is demanding that a police officer be prosecuted for a very trivial and minor infraction (real or perceived,) like a "politically incorrect" joke that gets accidentally overheard by a liberal reporter, then you can bet
"I aint heard nuttin."

Winston Churchill

Old 08-22-2012, 06:23 PM   #12
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1365 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 3441

Anything with the term "Liberal" has no right to demand anything. Simply because they are wanting something from somebody without earning it.

For the record I rank Cops right up there with EMT's, Firefighters, and the Military. They are all First Responders and deserve respect!! Until they do something to remove that respect that is. They are all doing a job that a lot of folks cannot, will not, or do not want to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Correct.

Everyone has heard of "The Blue Code of silence." Does it exist?? Well......yes and no.

Most "bad" or "dirty" cops get run off fairly quickly by their peers. The "code" doesn't help them at all.

OTOH, when a very liberal politician is demanding that a police officer be prosecuted for a very trivial and minor infraction (real or perceived,) like a "politically incorrect" joke that gets accidentally overheard by a liberal reporter, then you can bet
"I aint heard nuttin."
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 08-22-2012, 06:55 PM   #13

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

This thread is about criminal bashing

Old 08-22-2012, 07:04 PM   #14

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

This thread should of been posted in the political section, maybe one of you mods can move it there please.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:30 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Criminal bashing, huh?

Shall we start with the current administration and work our way down ot the local thugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
This thread is about criminal bashing
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 08-22-2012, 10:03 PM   #16

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS92A View Post
For the record I rank Cops right up there with EMT's, Firefighters, and the Military. They are all First Responders and deserve respect!! Until they do something to remove that respect that is. They are all doing a job that a lot of folks cannot, will not, or do not want to do.
I feel the same way. One time at a Boy Scout summer camp they asked all veterans to go up, one man goes up says he served as an MP for twelve years. He and all other vets come back to their seats and for the rest of the campfire this guy disrespects everyone around him by burping, being loud, sarcastic, and just an overall jerk. He may be a veteran but he gets no respect from me.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

And you would justified in not showing him any. I feel that we as Veterans should hold ourselves to a higher standard. We were given the privilege to serve the citizens. We should honor that by honoring ourselves, IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex View Post
I feel the same way. One time at a Boy Scout summer camp they asked all veterans to go up, one man goes up says he served as an MP for twelve years. He and all other vets come back to their seats and for the rest of the campfire this guy disrespects everyone around him by burping, being loud, sarcastic, and just an overall jerk. He may be a veteran but he gets no respect from me.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:44 PM   #18

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Reminds me of a couple years ago when some AK toting pirates in a fishing boat tried to take over what they though was a commercial vessel. Unfortunately for them it was a French naval warship.

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity

Old 08-23-2012, 09:02 PM   #19
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaster456 View Post
Reminds me of a couple years ago when some AK toting pirates in a fishing boat tried to take over what they though was a commercial vessel. Unfortunately for them it was a French naval warship.
one of those OH $H!T moments.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 08-23-2012, 09:14 PM   #20

Liked 32 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Several years ago I was in an umarked crown vic on anti-crime patrol. I pulled up to a stop sign and two teenagers got into the back seat. Before I could say a word one of them says to me "take us to the Cinema 14 on Palmer Street". Then they started just talking among themselves like I wasn't there. Again I was going to ID myself until the other kid says "did you bring a pipe or some paper?". I told them I was on a service call but I would have another cab come right over. They agreed and stood outside the car talking about movies until another unmarked unit rolled up. They were then quickly and easily arrested. They had just over 1oz of weed and $1,600 cash (which turned out to be stolen from a safe where one of them worked). I love it with the criminal come to us, makes it so much easier.