Not all email are legit. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Not all email are legit.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2012, 04:24 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2493 Times on 1422 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Quote:
Originally Posted by St8LineGunsmith View Post
I sign their petetions but I dont send them money
But you do notice how they tie the two together closely, right?

The truth is they could give a rat's a$$ about our signature on

a petition.

IT'S JUST BEGGING MAIL.

Old 09-08-2012, 03:18 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 674 Times on 315 Posts
Likes Given: 391

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post

The truth is they could give a rat's a$$ about our signature on

a petition.

IT'S JUST BEGGING MAIL.
I finally figured that out and stopped participating in any of it.

Old 09-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #13

Liked 2493 Times on 1422 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Actually, for a while, I used to send the

petitions back signed, with no money,

just to piss them off.

But they literally will nag you to death.

I truly feel sorry for anybody who

buys into their BS. That's a shame,

and IMHO, shameful that any organization

should lack the proper ethics and code of

moral conduct to act in this manner,

towards it's supporters.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:49 AM   #14

Liked 243 Times on 171 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Guys :
I used to contribute to Neal Knox's Firearms Coalition . He was a great man and I hope his heirs are running that group as well as he did . IIRC, the URLs were www.nealknox.com and www.firearmscoalition.org .

Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership ( www.jpfo.org ) is a great group but is intended more for research and information than political action .

Wayne LaPierre has pretty much redeemed himself by counter-attacking the anti-gunners with everything the NRA had after strategically waiting a few days . He is not the same person he was in the 1980s .

Years ago, I joined several organizations only to find their fund-raising to be as annoying as the NRA's . GOA sent me the same survey petition at least 5 times. CCRKBA seemed to do very little . SAF sent some good literature but I wasn't sure how much they were doing .

Old 03-29-2013, 12:50 AM   #15

Liked 243 Times on 171 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Guys :
I used to contribute to Neal Knox's Firearms Coalition . He was a great man and I hope his heirs are running that group as well as he did . IIRC, the URLs were www.nealknox.com and www.firearmscoalition.org .

Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership ( www.jpfo.org ) is a great group but is intended more for research and information than political action .

Wayne LaPierre has pretty much redeemed himself by counter-attacking the anti-gunners with everything the NRA had after strategically waiting a few days . He is not the same person he was in the 1980s .

Years ago, I joined several organizations only to find their fund-raising to be as annoying as the NRA's . GOA sent me the same survey petition at least 5 times. CCRKBA seemed to do very little . SAF sent some good literature but I wasn't sure how much they were doing .

Old 06-03-2013, 07:19 PM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

when it comes to spam email, the delete button is your friend!

Old 08-03-2013, 01:13 PM   #17

Liked 24 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
Thanks for the info, y'all. I quit the NRA back in the middle 90's because that's what Wayne La Pierre was doing. Then when I sent him a week's pay, he sent back by return mail an insulting accusation that I was a cheapskate for not sending more money.
I dropped the NRA for much the same reasons, only in the early 80's, in addition to the fact I'd recieve several NRA solicitations a week, begging for money for this or that cause.
What really turned me against making donations to "worthy" causes was non firearms related.

For many years I'd make a sizable donation to the National Federation for the Blind. One year in particular times were tough, work being slow, and i felt i couldnt contribute my past normal donation, so i sent them a smaller amount. They actually had the unmitagated gall to bill me for the remaining "balance".

The biggest issue for me with any organization begging donations, relates to a news report years ago. It became a public issue that the president, CEO, head honcho, what ever you want to call it, of the Red Cross, was drawing an exorbitantly high wage for what was advertised as a "non-profit" organization.
I'm sure Wayne Lapierre and leaders of other organizations are in similiar circumstances. My point being, would they be such staunch supporters of the given cause if they were donating their time or recieving minimum wage instead of unrealistic benefits? Even the president of the United States recieves only a paltry wage compared to the immense responsibility that job entails, and you can bet the leaders of these organizations recieve much more in comphensation.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:04 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 479 Times on 290 Posts
Likes Given: 158

All special interest groups lie, I don't care who they are or what they are trying to sell. I ignore all of them.

You don't have to remember the truth
NRA Member

Old 03-21-2014, 02:47 PM   #19

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Thanks for the heads up.