Not all email are legit.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Not all email are legit.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 12:43 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Default Not all email are legit.

This group Conservative-Daily.com is supposedly a right wing pro-gun group, who is fighting to help keep your gun rights. They are connected to Shuffling Madness Media of Parker, Colo a fax blast solicitations, company which is responsible for many of the fax blasts you are asked to pay for so they can send congress massive faxes against any of the anti-gun measures that may be coming up for a vote. They are also partnered with Reap Global, Inc., business consulting partnership, also of Parker, Colo.

Now you might ask what this has to do with anything important and you might think this is a good thing. What this group boils down to is they send out many emails of a scare tactic nature asking for donations to fight this latest anti-gun attempt. Most of the fax blasts they send out are well out of date, such as S. 176 a bill that anti-rights Sen. barbara boxer d-Cal. submitted to the Senate in Jan of 2011 the bill made it no place and had no co-sponsors, the bill is over a year old and the eblast was sent out in May of this year.

The email tend to not lie but not tell the truth either, The lie; they make it sound as though this is happening right now and the urgency for money is needed to help fight this travesty of anti-rights legislations up before our legislature. Not telling anyone that this bill has died in congress. The truth; yes it was once a bill actually submitted and had it of made it to the floor for a vote and passed the senate, and gone to and passed the house it would have been devastating to gun owners.

I suspect many more emails go out from these people and I use the term lightly, regarding gun-rights that have long been dead then anyone knows and many may be under a subsidiary of this group. Any time you receive an email from someone asking for money be suspect of its intentions. Do a fast check yourself with Library of Congress THOMAS to see just where the bill is and even if they have a record of it. Like the old bill that seems to creep up every year in emails that will make it law that every gun owner must list there guns on their tax forms. This bill was dead over 11 years ago and never made it any place in our legislature except the joke file.

But they still use it to ask for money

opaww

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-11-2012, 12:47 AM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21996 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

good one Opaww. i delete all unsolicited emails when asked for money.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:20 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Exactly. Delete, delete, delete. Oh, how sweet it sounds.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:35 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2251 Times on 1225 Posts
Likes Given: 3514

What opaww said.

Pro-gun organizations will lie, distort the truth and omit details to get your hard earned money. Ammo peddlers, gun dealers and gunshow promoters spread this trash like wildfire. Nearly every week i get an e-mail warning me of some impending legislation that will take our guns away. A favorite is H.R. 45 (111th): Blair Holt’s Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act. Despite the fact that US Rep. Bobby Rush presents this bill every year; it garners few or no co-sponsors. When a bill has few or no co-sponsors it goes nowhere.

NAGR is another CO based alarmist organization with a big "donate now" sign on their home page. Dudley Brown of NAGR told an outrageous lie on a gun forum and was caught. Folks on that forum pummeled him badly.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1269051_Scam_being_run_by_the_National_Association _for_Gun_Rights.html&page=1

Last edited by alsaqr; 06-11-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Old 06-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #5

Liked 2605 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Some of these guys are out of control, and NAGR is right at the top

of the "outrageous" list. I had them remove me from their mailing list

after I received in the mail what looked like a legal firm's notification

I was being sued. Turns out it was NAGR begging mail.

I(we) need that kind of stress in our mailbox?

THAT's our reward, for joining the organization, and

supporting the cause?

Old 06-12-2012, 04:48 AM   #6
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2019 Times on 1182 Posts
Likes Given: 4295

It is shredding all incoming snail mail asking for donations, refinance your house, etc.

Old 06-14-2012, 04:19 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1275 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Thanks for the info, y'all. I quit the NRA back in the middle 90's because that's what Wayne La Pierre was doing. Then when I sent him a week's pay, he sent back by return mail an insulting accusation that I was a cheapskate for not sending more money.

Old 06-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5991 Times on 3133 Posts
Likes Given: 428

Stickied as this happens a lot and that junk turns up in posts here causing trouble.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 06-14-2012, 11:49 PM   #9
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21996 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

when it comes to spam email, the delete button is your friend!

Old 09-06-2012, 09:48 PM   #10

Liked 248 Times on 157 Posts
Likes Given: 320

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Some of these guys are out of control, and NAGR is right at the top

of the "outrageous" list. I had them remove me from their mailing list

after I received in the mail what looked like a legal firm's notification

I was being sued. Turns out it was NAGR begging mail.

I(we) need that kind of stress in our mailbox?

THAT's our reward, for joining the organization, and

supporting the cause?
I sign their petetions but I dont send them money

"I dont believe in repeat offenders I believe in DEAD offenders!" Ted Nugent.
No Matter Where Ya go There Ya Are

American Plainsmen Society

Society Of Remington Revolver Shooters (SCORRS)

THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT(SHOTS)
NRA
GOA