Nosy Neighbors - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Nosy Neighbors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 10:41 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 55 Times on 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

Yeah, that had to hurt bad. Most of the times that I hurt mine, it wasn't bad enough to leave much if a bruise, but man did it hurt.

It seems like an odd place to punch someone, but UFC fighters get punched there all the time. They call it cauliflower ear. I don't know if it's that common in boxing, or any other kind of professional fighting though.
Somebody saw the expendables! He got it from wrestling in college and high school.

Have Gun....Will Travel

Old 01-22-2012, 10:41 PM   #42

Liked 69 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

Yeah, that had to hurt bad. Most of the times that I hurt mine, it wasn't bad enough to leave much if a bruise, but man did it hurt.

It seems like an odd place to punch someone, but UFC fighters get punched there all the time. They call it cauliflower ear. I don't know if it's that common in boxing, or any other kind of professional fighting though.
Does it ever go back to normal?

Everybody needs a little Devastation!

Old 01-22-2012, 10:42 PM   #43

Liked 55 Times on 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan89

No sir like that til the day you die.

Have Gun....Will Travel

Old 01-22-2012, 10:53 PM   #44

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

It's common in boxing also. It is the destruction of cartaledge.

NEVER FORGET

Old 01-22-2012, 10:56 PM   #45

Liked 69 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1992d

No sir like that til the day you die.
Holy cow! That would suck.

Everybody needs a little Devastation!

Old 01-22-2012, 11:01 PM   #46
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I know one thing, it sure looks disgusting.
Yes it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1992d View Post
Somebody saw the expendables! He got it from wrestling in college and high school.
Nope, google search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan89 View Post
For the most part, it is permanent.

Cauliflower ear - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-23-2012, 01:40 AM   #47

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrinavatan View Post
Do they have a right to shoot guns on their property? Yes. However, that right only extends as far as their property goes: as soon as they are hitting property or (hopefully never) persons, they've crossed the line. I'm sorry, but it's not that hard to make sure that your "gun range" (of which they probably don't really have one) is safe.

If the people were just complaining about the noise, I'd say "whatever, suck it up, you're in a rural area."

But this is a case of stupidity. If there have already been four reported accidents (confirmed bullets from the range) there are probably about double that of unreported accidents, and someone is going to die. If they can't do it safely, they have no business doing it at all
This is a range not too far from my parents home.

Drake Landing At Andrews Farm: Sporting Clays, Pistol Pit, Duck Hunting, Upland Hunting, Dove Hunting, Deer Hunting, 3-D Archery.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 01-23-2012, 05:45 AM   #48
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8321 Times on 4809 Posts
Likes Given: 10787

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
When people say stupid stuff like that , its everything i can do to keep from punching them in the effing ear
If you want to punch me in the effing ear you have to find me first. I did not say anything stupid.

MobileMarine, If I piss you off over the Internet and you feel the need to threaten me as a result you need some help.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:52 AM   #49

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

If you want to punch me in the effing ear you have to find me first. I did not say anything stupid.

MobileMarine, If I piss you off over the Internet and you feel the need to threaten me as a result you need some help.
I think he was talking about the lady who claimed to find an illegal bullet...at last that's how I took it.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #50

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Up here, it's not uncommon to hear shots on private land, especially just before hunting season when people are sighting in their rifles. Nobody cares, nobody complains. I've had at it in the woods behind my house on many occassions even though I belong to a gun club not far away.

You might find this interesting, though sad. I have a friend that tried to chase a dream and because of one person, had it shot down in flames.

There's a boom community not far from here. Cranberry Township was just mainly farm land back in the day. It lies right next to I-79 which goes the entire length of W. Pennsylvania from W. Va. to Erie. Some years back, they built I-279 which connected Pittsburgh to I-79 and Cranberry exploded in development, both residential and commercial. Well, Rick decided he wanted to build an indoor shooting range, public access, and got a partner to go into it with him. He did everything right from studies to permits to architectural plans to EPA consults, etc. He even had full financial backing. The location was picked out and everything was going forward. He got the initial zoning permits approved from the Cranberry board and the public hearing was scheduled. Now, the day of the hearing was at hand. Rick and his partner were at the hearing with everything in hand to answer all questions and concerns that might arise along with the person representing his financial backer. The hearing started ok when some woman residing in the Township stood up and started raling her concerns that gangbangers from Pittsburgh would come up and start turning their community into the OK Corral because of the existance of this range. That's all it took for the Township to deny his final permits and the money guy just got up and walked out of the meeting. Dream smashed because of one person.

When did things in this country become the decisions of the minority?