Nosy Neighbors - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Nosy Neighbors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2012, 10:34 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

When we shoot, the neighbors start shooting also. Kinda like some hoot owls, one here, then across the bottom, then on the otherside of the creek. Of course all the spent shotshells and hulls go at the end of the driveways.

NEVER FORGET

Old 01-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #22

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

the land owner next door to my uncle property built a house for his daughter and her kids just right over the creek which is about 20yrds from the my uncle fishing pond, well they just stocked it and a week later there were really nothing left in the pond but small blue gill. So he restocked it and put trail cams up we got her kids netting the fishing pond (not a big pond at all) so the next day I went and I told her what her kids have been doing and showed her the pics she got smart and said that I have no proof, went and showed her father thinking he's reasonable he just told me to drop it he didn't care. So I got the law involved went to court now I my ant and uncle got reimbursed for the fish and the pond is still stocked. Same people always yell at use for going shooting on the property as well... well not as much as they use to since court.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 01-19-2012, 11:26 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar615 View Post
Really? I have a copy of a piece of parchment written many years ago that says otherwise...

I do understand what you are trying to say. We all need to be safe with our guns and also responsible to and for our rights.
Sorry, I inadvertently said something that's false. My father would always say "X isn't a right, it's a privilege" right before taking something away after I did something reckless/stupid. So, that came out a bit different than what I intended.

Still, though, if the people running the range aren't taking proper precaution, I'd have no problem seeing them stripped of their right to bear arms (due to the fact that they're in prison). However, I don't think any of us are going to be able to draw a real conclusion about what is really going on unless we went their ourselves and saw what was going on; any media about it is likely going to be biased, and any bloggers from around that area are probably going to be unable to give us a non-tinted view of the situation.

There are two types of idiocy: Believing everything one is told without question, and never listening to what others have to say.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:18 AM   #24

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I mostly shoot at my shooting club because of all the neat targets but... On occassion I'll shoot on my country property for convienance. I have good neighbors so I'll call them and let them know I plan on shooting as a courtesy, but mainly to make sure no one is working the fields or in the woods.

If I had crappy in your business neighbors, it's range time at 2:00 A.M. with exploding targets

I just love it here in the country

Old 01-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #25

Liked 1046 Times on 757 Posts
Likes Given: 540

We have shooting competitions too . Some folks will start up over yonder , then some one over here will start then next thing you know about 1/2 dozen folks are shooting , bad thing is you dont know where they are shooting .
Just the other day right after dark someone let a few rounds go , so i grabbed the closest 9mm and emptied it out , they returned with something louder , so I grab the ak and send out 60 rounds , as soon as i walked back in someone went into full auto instantly winning ,but wanting to have the last boom I brought out the safari 7mag with the boss and let it go '' no doubt it won the loud factor ''.
If I dont have time to play with them Ill just set off a pound or two of tannerite and go back in smiling .

But you gotta love the part about the old hag claiming to have an
'' Illegal bullet'' . You guys ever seen one of those ? I bet it looks cool , especially if she dug it out of a tree , wonder if i can still get some on the blackmarket ?
Oh no one ever complains about my neighbors beagles , all 30 of them barking non stop all day everyday , i think i know where my next batch of tannerite should go

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 01-21-2012, 06:19 AM   #26
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8098 Times on 4676 Posts
Likes Given: 10454

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
But you gotta love the part about the old hag claiming to have an
'' Illegal bullet'' . You guys ever seen one of those ? I bet it looks cool , especially if she dug it out of a tree , wonder if i can still get some on the blackmarket ?
Yeah. I was wondering about that. How does she know so much as to know what an "illegal bullet" is? Dude, you might have an ex-CIA field agent as a neighbor! Ever think of that?

Old 01-21-2012, 02:49 PM   #27

Liked 1046 Times on 757 Posts
Likes Given: 540

When people say stupid stuff like that , its everything i can do to keep from punching them in the effing ear

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #28
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 8098 Times on 4676 Posts
Likes Given: 10454

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
When people say stupid stuff like that , its everything i can do to keep from punching them in the effing ear
Aw geeze. Lighten up!

Old 01-22-2012, 05:31 PM   #29

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

The ear???

Old 01-22-2012, 06:09 PM   #30

Liked 6562 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
The ear???
I have never been punched in the ear, but I have knocked my head into something and smashed my ear in the process. It hurts like hell.

I have heard of slapping someone in the ear too. It can easily cause permanent damage to your hearing.