Norinco T-97 Made illegal in Canada
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Norinco T-97 Made illegal in Canada

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2010, 01:13 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Norinco T-97 Made illegal in Canada

A message for Canadians and a warning to Americans and others.

Despite my unimpressed experience with the Norinco brand, I feel I should make aware to others that the rights of Canadians are being trampled on! To teh Americans you must make sure that this never happens to you!

Up until now the Norinco T97 rifle was legal to purchase in Canada provided that it followed regulation (registration, mag limits, use restrictions, barrel length etc). Well in the next 30 days they will be illegal, and current owners must within these 30 days turn them in to the RCMP, sell them to internationally, or have them disabled and used as movie props.

The owners will receive no compensation for their guns/parts unless they sell them individually, and as far as I'm concerned this is theft by the government that allowed these guns to be bought legally, and then changes the law once they've collected the taxes.

Never let the government restrict you, because once they start, it WILL slowly get worse!

If anyone has any advice or ideas to help Canadian firearms owners, or how to prevent future restrictions! Let's hear it!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-23-2010, 02:55 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2733 Times on 1431 Posts
Likes Given: 231

And I just read somewhere that Canada was relaxing their draconian gun laws?

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 03-23-2010, 04:14 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
And I just read somewhere that Canada was relaxing their draconian gun laws?

I'd heard the same thing robo. Artical read that it was the costliest most corrupt piece of legislation they'd ever inacted.

NRA Life Member, Georgia Gun Owners
www.RCGunworksllc.com

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Politicians ignore the others"

Old 03-24-2010, 12:16 AM   #4

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Harper IS supposedly planning to drop the Gun Registry (which was budgeted for 1-2 million and has cost more than a Billion dollars). However I have no problem with the registry, its like a licence or insurance - it just says that you own what you own and where you keep them, it might be a hassle, but a law-abiding citizen should have nothing to fear from it.

SHOULD have nothing to fear.

The registry for the long guns is a failure because 60% of firearms owners haven't registered yet - and I bet one reason is because of stunts like the Norinco one here. Owners fear that once they register, the government will make their guns illegal and give them 30 days to get rid of them - and know where to find them if they don't do it, or to make sure that they turned them in.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:35 AM   #5

Liked 1836 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 1212

Gun registry is always the first step to confiscation. That is why we fight against it so hard in the U.S.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.