Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Non Compliant gun sale through Big 5

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2011, 05:07 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Dupnik is the azzhat that spouted all that nonsense when Congresswoman Giffords was shot in Tuscon.
Ahh, ok. I did not realize that dipshat's name was acutally Dupnik. Normally, proper names are met with a <shift> key to start. Makes sense now. Still, Arizona as a whole is waayy more gun friendly than Wisconsin. Azzhats live everywhere.

I agree, go sign the papers. Ask for a $30 gift card because of the gas burned for their mistake. Your time is worth more than $20. Put the money towards ammo and go shoot the shat out of the Mosin. Spend at least $20 of your own money just to show them that you have ingegrity. The manager will remember that, and the managers in stores like that are the ones to show your are a good customer. Could come in handy later.

Post a range report for free.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 05-13-2011, 01:11 PM   #12
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Andlyn, I know it feels like a big deal and you have every right to be worried, upset, nervous, and pissed off. But YOU did nothing wrong so don't sweat it. I don't know the ins and outs of how things work in Cali. but I'm pretty sure even if you would have gotten pulled over, the law enforcement wouldn't have known that there was a paperwork screw up. And even if they did, and ATF was called or something, you still did nothing wrong and they know that.

Short story. I sold a rifle to a buddy of mine (I'm an FFL). He filled out the paper work, I called it in, they told me it was "Delayed" which meant they needed to look into something. Here in Texas, if you don't hear anything back from them in three days you can proceed with the transfer, so I did. About a week later my phone rings and it was the ATF. Apparently someone was suppose to call me back with a "Deny" response and never did. Now you want to talk about being nervous? I had to tell them that I had already transferred the rifle. I thought they were fixing to lower the boom on me. But they were really cool about it. They just wanted to know where he lived so they could send a Sheriff Deputy out to pick it up. It turned out that my buddy had a pending court case in another state. All in all, everything turned out and he got his rifle back.

I guess what I'm saying is that mistakes are made on all levels, and the ATF are NOT the bunch of jack booted thugs they were once made out to be.