No more cmp - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > No more cmp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2013, 11:46 PM   #41
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

one thing i will point out is this, how many M1 Garands or M1 Carbines are used in violent attacks?

his reasoning is that it will reduce gun violence, hence the reason for an "EO" in preventing re-importation of these rifles an carbines.

i am sure all the liberal gun haters are eating this up and thinking what a brilliant move by their brainless leader, Obama.

pretty much a standard action that doesn't change the fact that the only people this affects are LAC's, again.

Old 09-02-2013, 12:51 AM   #42

Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

It just panders to the know nothing about firearms liberal. They hear this and think he's stopping belt fed MGs and SMGs and grenade launchers from hitting our streets. All those types were already stopped by the GCA. It's a trick and a smoke screen, typical Obama, outright lies and deception.

How did Obama stop the M1 Carbines? I've wondered why they haven't been on the CMP website for quite some time.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:17 AM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2121 Times on 1147 Posts
Likes Given: 3190

This latest Obama stab at our Second Amendment rights is not a done deal. There will be a comment period. During that period we Second Amendment advocates will be given a chance to articulate our positions on the re-importation of M1 rifles and M1 carbines. We turned back the Obama administration attempt to re-classify repeating shotguns as "destructive devices" and we can do the same this time.

Whining on gun boards accomplish nothing. Call and write to your US senators and US representatives.

By-The-Way:
It ain't just Obama. Four white house administrations, two Republican and two Democrat, have trashed our Second Amendment rights by citing the "sporting purposes " clause of the gun Control Act of 1968. During the runup to the last few congressional elections the damn Republican party promised to rein in the BATFE. Given the chance to reform the BATFE during the investigation into Operation Fast and Furious; they did nothing and accomplished nothing. Now the Republicans in congress are reduced to negotiating with Holder for Justice Dep't. documents on Fast and Furious.

Last edited by alsaqr; 09-02-2013 at 01:19 AM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-02-2013, 01:44 AM   #44

Liked 87 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
It covers re-importation, and specifically does include the military rifles, specifically the M1 Garands and M1 Carbines that were exported to countries like Korea for the war. Those are the rifles specifically they are talking about. The Executive Order would prohibit the RE-importation of these rifles.

This is what Orest said that I found: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=116518

He then later closed that thread because it had gotten "too political". OK, fair enough. He is not a politician.

If anyone has found anything more recent from Orest please post it and provide the link.

If you went to the White House link I provided http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/08/29/fact-sheet-new-executive-actions-reduce-gun-violence and read carefully you would have seen this last paragraph at the bottom which reads

If there were an exception for the CMP, don't you think that it would have been specifically mentioned as one of the "few exceptions?"

And from my perspective, Orest is taking the easy route by saying what he said. It may have "no direct impact on the CMP", but it will, as it has been presented, directly impact the number of firearms available for civilian purchase through the CMP. He is splitting hairs.
So this will not affect my ability to buy an Enfield, Arisaka, SKS etc? Or effect the ability of private entities to import them will it?

Last edited by Ruger22lr; 09-02-2013 at 02:26 AM.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:20 AM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1606 Times on 1099 Posts
Likes Given: 559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
There are many other rifles besides Garands used in CMP Matches
CMP mission is teaching marksmanship with imphasis towards youth. Little Johnny and Susie arent using Garands in matches but 22 and air rifles
Exactly! The youth of America is who CMP is designed to entertain and train. The matches using the M1 and large bore pistols are for soldiers and veterans to go beyond sharpshooter. Civilians have gotten into the act lately because they want a POS M1. Thirty years ago you would see M1 rifles in pawn shops for $100 or less and no one wanted them. Todays generation of shooters are not hunters so the M1 is appealing to them. The M1 is a great paper punch.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 09-02-2013, 03:31 AM   #46
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Did he just call an M1 a piece of $hit?????

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-02-2013, 05:52 AM   #47
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8282 Times on 4787 Posts
Likes Given: 10713

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJG67 View Post
Yes. yes he did. I vote lifetime ban. the POS.

Besides, I hunt with my Garand. Its one of my favorite rifles.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 09-02-2013, 06:31 AM   #48
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJG67 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

Besides, I hunt with my Garand. Its one of my favorite rifles.
Hmmmmmmm.......i'll just bet that General George C. Patton would have disagreed with his comments about the M1 Garand!

the M1 Garand is hardly a POS rifle.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:36 AM   #49

Liked 195 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 35

So what do you all expect to happen to the prices of garands because of this. I'm assuming price increase, but by how much?

Old 09-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #50
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

I second that motion.

As for prices, if Orest is correct nothing will change right now. If he's wrong, you won't be able to legally buy them. Considering the demand, I'm surprised there hasn't been a bigger increase. Prices will eventually continue to go up as the supply diminishes further.

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Vikingdad Likes This