No more cmp - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > No more cmp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2013, 08:26 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Obama has accomplished nothing as a world leader. World leaders are not impressed by Gay Marriage, Gay Military and more street drugs for the school kids.
I don't recall our staunch allies like England saying no to an American President. The Russian Bear is laughing at us. Obama was elected by the Left because he is from a minority. What next the first President on Food Stamps? We desperately need an experienced leader.

Old 08-31-2013, 08:29 PM   #22
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22109 Times on 12429 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Obama has accomplished nothing as a world leader. World leaders are not impressed by Gay Marriage, Gay Military and more street drugs for the school kids.
I don't recall our staunch allies like England saying no to an American President. The Russian Bear is laughing at us. Obama was elected by the Left because he is from a minority. What next the first President on Food Stamps? We desperately need an experienced leader.
an experianced and strong leader.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:54 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2157 Times on 1280 Posts
Likes Given: 1077

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
This will not affect CMP as they do not import rifles.
Garands etc are returned to the US Army that were loaned to other countires. They are then turned over to CMP for sale. CMP is not a Importer
It is my understanding this is exactly what they are stopping. Not just the civilian importing, but the return of OUR own weapons we sold or loaded to our allies.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 09-01-2013, 01:59 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2157 Times on 1280 Posts
Likes Given: 1077

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Barry was elect, the second time, because MANY on the 'right' sat on their hands and did not vote at all, (not to mention the progressives vote 'early and often', that is why they oppose voter ID). He was not really elect 'by the left' as much as the 'right' let him get reelected!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

People Like This 
Old 09-01-2013, 02:49 AM   #25
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change
What does CMP stand for?
Winds, if you want to shoot a Garand, let me know. The next CMP match in Beloit is 9/15. They have club Garands you can shoot and we'll teach you everything. Great time and beginners are encouraged! PM me if you want more info.

And last I saw on the CMP forum, Orest said the only impact this will have on CMP is further delaying orders up to six months due to the panic buying Obummer has once again caused.

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-01-2013, 03:05 AM   #26

Liked 432 Times on 280 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Garands etc are returned to the US Army that were loaned to other countires. They are then turned over to CMP for sale. CMP is not a Importer
Wanna bet?

Old 09-01-2013, 05:55 AM   #27

Liked 87 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 69

So wait this means no more importation of surplus guns? No more Mauser's, Mosin's, Enfield's, Arisaka's etc.? What about AK's and other part kits stuff?

Old 09-01-2013, 06:30 AM   #28

Liked 195 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger22lr
So wait this means no more importation of surplus guns? No more Mauser's, Mosin's, Enfield's, Arisaka's etc.? What about AK's and other part kits stuff?
I may be wrong, but the way I understand it is that it prohibits the reimportation of guns that the US has sold to allies. Which is why it will effect the cmp.

Old 09-01-2013, 06:56 AM   #29

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Obama is a neutered President. I really doubt that he will be allowed to stop anything. He is becoming an International side show. The World will be laughing at American leadership for years to come.

Old 09-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #30
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9034 Times on 5249 Posts
Likes Given: 11937

Quote:
Wrong. It directly affects the CMP as it is addressing specifically "re-imports of military surplus firearms".

Here is an excerpt the White House press release:

Quote:
FACT SHEET: New Executive Actions to Reduce Gun Violence

Today, the Obama administration announced two new common-sense executive actions to keep the most dangerous firearms out of the wrong hands and ban almost all re-imports of military surplus firearms to private entities. These executive actions build on the 23 executive actions that the Vice President recommended as part of the comprehensive gun violence reduction plan and the President unveiled on January 16, 2013.
And here is the link to the site: http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/08/29/fact-sheet-new-executive-actions-reduce-gun-violence

And yes, the CMP is a privately run program!!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Axxe55 Likes This